There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Hard work

Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager  in  Chicago, IL (US)
Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Accenture does a good job of taking people from all backgrounds and intergrating them into a team that performs well

Cons

Accenture is extremely large and is very set in its ways, you follow the methodology or risk being punished for not

Raise the salaries... i'm sure that every employee of just about every company says they arent paid enough but more $ is better

8534 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Good experience so far

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Came in as an experienced hire in Oct 2010. Impressed with ACN's training, client base, and coworkers.Lots of interesting projects in my industry and specialization. Great pipeline of work. Most importantly, I feel that by working hard and smart, by networking, and through a little luck, the opportunity for advancement is high.I didn't feel like this in industry.

Cons

For me, nearly non-stop travel. Grinding stretches of long days, especially if there's an offshore team in the mix (5, 6AM calls, then onsite client work, then calls again till 10, 11PM). Tough to take time off as needed. Project management and client contacts can make your engagement fall along the continuum of "excellent and highly engaged" to "grin and bear it." Cliques of employees who have been at the firm for a while. None of this should be a surprise to anyone in consulting.

I'm happy with the experience and am getting out of it what I hoped for. Proud to work here.

My experience with Accenture was a great growth opportunity in the outsourcing industry.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Accenture

Pros

Accenture does an excellent job managing worklife balance. There are times when you work very hard and long hours. However, that is offset by the ability to work from. Depending on your area, this could be on a regular basis or a few times a week.

Cons

I found that as an Experience Professional in the Enterprise space, promotions to Senior Mgt are very limited.

I would suggest to continue the level of communication you have done in the past. Employees find in valuable.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!