Aastra

www.aastrausa.com
  www.aastrausa.com
There are newer employer reviews for Aastra

Would not recommend this place to anyone....

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Aastra

Pros

Not many. It's a paycheck...

Cons

It is hard to work in a place where there is an expectation to work 50h+/week and there is no work-life balance.
During a recession, the 'it's hard out there' was often used as a work incentive.
Aastra will never be a technology leader because senior management considers R&D to be a 'non revenue generating department'.

3 Other Employee Reviews for Aastra (View Most Recent)

Interesting Company

Current Employee - Engineer in Frisco, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Frisco, TX (US)

I have been working at Aastra full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People/Employees were really great for the most part. Some really smart technical people. Benefits were pretty good. Cool products like Broadsoft/Clearspan.

Cons

Management was a bit disorganized and out of touch. Pay was rather stingy. One time I had an expense report for a mere $1750 and it had to be signed off by CEO Tony Shen himself, was which kind of ridiculous. I was paying for my own hotel rooms and meals during a ten day visit to a customer site. They did not dispute it at all, but the policy was any expense report over 1,500 dollars went to Tony for final approval. I admire the CEO's frugality, but just an example of some weird policies there.

Stay in touch with your technical staff and engineers better. Support the front line technical troops more.

Financially stable company with long-term employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX (US)

I worked at Aastra full-time

Pros

Great benefits, solid company, good people to work with. Salary not so competitive, but great benefits go a long way to making good total package

Cons

Culture changed post-acquisition by Mitel. Poor internal communication and silos create unproductive atmosphere

There are newer employer reviews for Aastra