AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

I can't say enough about AT&T WiFi. It's a great place to work and I love the people I work with.

Current Employee - Senior Technical Director in Austin, TX (US)
Current Employee - Senior Technical Director in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibility, Good Pay, 401K matching, little micro-managing, no competition among peers as bonuses are team based

Cons

Location of office is south of downtown, commute can be long for those that live North. Pay is good, but not at the top of the spectrum.

Continue allowing AT&T WiFi to prosper in what it does best. We realize we are now being folding more into Corporate AT&T and are fine with it, but don't let the corporate bureaucracy create barriers to prevent growth.

6225 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Horrible culture, true leadership non existent

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Salary can be good, but only if you negotiate a high starting rate

Cons

Leadership doesn't actually exist here. Management talks a good game, but employees are not an asset and no care goes into retaining valuable talent. Wireline runs the entire show, placing non-qualified wireline people into wireless jobs. Outsourcing to India is rapidly taking place throughout the entire organization.

Try to actually treat your employees as assets, show them they are valued and reward them with actual raises and promotional opportunity instead of promoting via cronyism. Stop outsourcing actual talent and replacing with the cheapest labor you can get.

Optimal working environment for Contract Employees. Good for college students or people without fixed income situations.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL (US)

I worked at AT&T as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

High Compensation. Various job opportunities. Large staffing firm benefits program. Positive management and employee value. Flexible working schedules. Fortune 500 Company with several partnering companies for employee enrichment.

Cons

Lack of project stability. Short notice for changing or ending projects. Little communication between Temp agency staff members and employees of AT&T and contract and non-contract. Inability to project stability of employment with longevity.

Each employee should be valued and treated with the same level of respect. Tenure should not be used as a crutch to dismiss unprofessional behavior. Job requirements/specifications should be evaluated and restructured for optimal employee performance. Upper management should leave their offices on a regular basis and go speak with the employees to formulate positive relationships.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T