AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

I can't say enough about AT&T WiFi. It's a great place to work and I love the people I work with.

Current Employee - Senior Technical Director in Austin, TX (US)
Current Employee - Senior Technical Director in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibility, Good Pay, 401K matching, little micro-managing, no competition among peers as bonuses are team based

Cons

Location of office is south of downtown, commute can be long for those that live North. Pay is good, but not at the top of the spectrum.

Continue allowing AT&T WiFi to prosper in what it does best. We realize we are now being folding more into Corporate AT&T and are fine with it, but don't let the corporate bureaucracy create barriers to prevent growth.

6105 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

I learned more in the position than in any other job.

Former Employee - Media Consultant in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Media Consultant in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, company benefits and compensation.

Cons

Management poor, processies not monitored or effeciant, and compensation was always changing and wasn't easily understood or communicated the changes.

Slower to hire, quicker to fire. Managers with good numbers aren't always good managers or employees. I'd advise upper management to spend more time "working" in lower positions to gain a better understanding of whats really happening.

Optimal working environment for Contract Employees. Good for college students or people without fixed income situations.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL (US)

I worked at AT&T as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

High Compensation. Various job opportunities. Large staffing firm benefits program. Positive management and employee value. Flexible working schedules. Fortune 500 Company with several partnering companies for employee enrichment.

Cons

Lack of project stability. Short notice for changing or ending projects. Little communication between Temp agency staff members and employees of AT&T and contract and non-contract. Inability to project stability of employment with longevity.

Each employee should be valued and treated with the same level of respect. Tenure should not be used as a crutch to dismiss unprofessional behavior. Job requirements/specifications should be evaluated and restructured for optimal employee performance. Upper management should leave their offices on a regular basis and go speak with the employees to formulate positive relationships.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T