AT&T

www.att.com

I can't say enough about AT&T WiFi. It's a great place to work and I love the people I work with.

Current Employee - Senior Technical Director  in  Austin, TX (US)
Current Employee - Senior Technical Director in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, Good Pay, 401K matching, little micro-managing, no competition among peers as bonuses are team based

Cons

Location of office is south of downtown, commute can be long for those that live North. Pay is good, but not at the top of the spectrum.

Continue allowing AT&T WiFi to prosper in what it does best. We realize we are now being folding more into Corporate AT&T and are fine with it, but don't let the corporate bureaucracy create barriers to prevent growth.

Other Reviews for AT&T

Do as they don't say, not as they say.

Current Employee - Premise Technician  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Premise Technician in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. Excellent hours. Foot in the door for management in a global company.

Cons

Unattainable standards for the honest worker. Held accountable for other peoples mistakes and poor performance. Management does not backup their employees. Forced to cut corners (and told to) yet reprimanded when an issue comes up. Says it is all about customer satisfaction yet fires people for providing customer service over a quantity quota. Provides a two month training regiment on how to do the job, but none of the knowledge can be used in the real world and keep the job.

Back up your employees if they have a high customer rating and low efficiency. Realize your employees are human. Actually make employees feel like they have a place in the company.

Frustraing place to work

Former Employee - Graphic Designer  in  Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I worked at AT&T as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Compensation is competitive, flexible with telecommuting, understanding when family issues crop up and giving time off when needed.

Cons

Relentless meetings! Meetings are so prevalent that it makes getting work done very difficult.

The unorganization of the area in which i worked was so maddening as to be comical. Projects are en endless loop of frustrating rework. There are no clear boundaries or directions and projects seem to never end.

Management unwilling to purchase needed resources needed to make projects move forward. Consequently work is poorly done and takes way longer than it should. The endless meetings are a factor here too..

Listen to the needs of your employees and honor some of their requests.

Also possibly don't invite unnecessary people to meetings. It's amazing any work gets done at all due to this meeting-mad compan.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!