AT&T

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

management not fair

Former Employee - Comm Tech
Former Employee - Comm Tech

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

good pay, ok benefits, good hours

Cons

upper management stunk, lets some people get away with things

6230 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Stressful and underappreciated

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, high comission, lots of opportunity to work

Cons

Inconvenient work hours, 7am weekend mandatory meetings for all staff, very strict attendance with point penalties that can lead to termination, stressful to hit quota, very seniriotity based. Bad if you are a new hire.

Be more flexible with employees' personal life and scheduling. People have lives outside of work and you make it impossible to balance work and life with crazy working hour demands. And it would be great to allow weekends off even to new hires and not feel like you need to work for 5 years before you can earn a weekend day off.

Not a good place to work considering you spend more time working than at home with your loved ones

Former Employee - Sales in Macon, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales in Macon, GA (US)

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay and decent benefits

Cons

Behind in technology and they do not care about their employees or customers the way Southern Bell and BellSouth ( whom I worked for before the most recent "buy back") did. Instead of moving forward with the buyout of BellSouth to update their systems, They reverted back to their old stuff and behind way of thinking.....You are just another number not a "person" in their eyes.... I worked for BellSouth many years and felt like we were a "Family"...This is how it was when I left ....HOPEFULLY things have gotten better but wasn't looking good at the time in 2010. At that time they had gotten rid of all the BellSouth top managers or they were on their way out the door...those managers/senior Management were GREAT and so they had to go! :(

Care for employees and customers as if they are your own family.....A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.
    Henry Ford