AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Overall, much to be desired and not very team friendly

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Marietta, GA (US)
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Marietta, GA (US)

I worked at AT&T full-time

Pros

Opportunity for growth is huge

Cons

A lot of back-biting and supervisors or team leaders who are only concerned with themselves and not the team as a whole

As huge as your company is, you can reduce high turnover with true incentives to attain.

5605 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Unrealistic sales quotas and micro-managed to death

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary and benefits. And that is about it

Cons

No work/life balance. Have to schedule a month in advance to take a day off and you have to use your vacation days to get it. If you like having weekends off then don't apply. You will never see a weekend off. NEVER! Sales quotas are inflated and moving to incentive pay instead off commission. Micromanaged to death. Constantly a manager behind you with a clipboard telling you how bad you are at your job.

Set realistic expectations. And stop micromanaging your senior sales reps.

Not a good place to work considering you spend more time working than at home with your loved ones

Former Employee - Sales  in  Macon, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales in Macon, GA (US)

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great pay and decent benefits

Cons

Behind in technology and they do not care about their employees or customers the way Southern Bell and BellSouth ( whom I worked for before the most recent "buy back") did. Instead of moving forward with the buyout of BellSouth to update their systems, They reverted back to their old stuff and behind way of thinking.....You are just another number not a "person" in their eyes.... I worked for BellSouth many years and felt like we were a "Family"...This is how it was when I left ....HOPEFULLY things have gotten better but wasn't looking good at the time in 2010. At that time they had gotten rid of all the BellSouth top managers or they were on their way out the door...those managers/senior Management were GREAT and so they had to go! :(

Care for employees and customers as if they are your own family.....A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.
    Henry Ford

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!