AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

AT&T stands for "At This Time" - I learned to be flexible in the face of change and value the skills I had to develop

Former Employee - Local Service Associate  in  Sacramento, CA (US)
Former Employee - Local Service Associate in Sacramento, CA (US)

I worked at AT&T

Pros

The benefits were exceptionally good (medical, dental, vision, mental health, reimbursment accts, and legal); very ethnically diverse workforce, variety of job functions available to more ambitious, responsible workers.

Cons

No transfer within the company for workers from the "old AT&T"; very little opportunity for promotion, constant threat of lay-offs undermined morale, and the union (@ least our local) often picked the wrong battles and frequently conspired with managment @ the expense of the workers

Find a way around the union to reward/promote employee performance over seniority; invest time and thought into promoting center morale

5638 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

It's all about making money.

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Good GOOD pay, I was part time so the benefits weren't much. I got vacation and all, the medical insurance was way too expensive for part timers, but dental was still pretty cheap.

Cons

Too easy to lose your job or get written up over trivial things. Most long time employees have been on multiple steps of discipline for different things or barely squeaked by on a final MULTIPLE times. One person is being fired for a bad customer review, where the customers only complaint is that he yawned while working with them.

There's not much the management team can do they spend most of their time on conference calls all day, and don't get many opportunities to help the employees other than disciplinary actions that are mandatory that they complete.

good times

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Omaha, NE (US)
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Omaha, NE (US)

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Can be a fun place to work most of the time. I recommend working at at&t to anybody who can handle a more than moderate amount of pressure and has a thirst for technology. Compensation is more than what most americans make by far. You get awesome health care and there is plenty of room to move up in the company.

Cons

There are some mean people out there. Sometimes the company doesn't feel like it has your back as much as they have the customers.

Bend over backwards for your reps and always have their backs no matter what. Your money is made off of what THEY do not what YOU do.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!