AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

AT&T stands for "At This Time" - I learned to be flexible in the face of change and value the skills I had to develop

Former Employee - Local Service Associate in Sacramento, CA (US)
Former Employee - Local Service Associate in Sacramento, CA (US)

I worked at AT&T

Pros

The benefits were exceptionally good (medical, dental, vision, mental health, reimbursment accts, and legal); very ethnically diverse workforce, variety of job functions available to more ambitious, responsible workers.

Cons

No transfer within the company for workers from the "old AT&T"; very little opportunity for promotion, constant threat of lay-offs undermined morale, and the union (@ least our local) often picked the wrong battles and frequently conspired with managment @ the expense of the workers

Find a way around the union to reward/promote employee performance over seniority; invest time and thought into promoting center morale

6232 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

It's all about making money.

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Good GOOD pay, I was part time so the benefits weren't much. I got vacation and all, the medical insurance was way too expensive for part timers, but dental was still pretty cheap.

Cons

Too easy to lose your job or get written up over trivial things. Most long time employees have been on multiple steps of discipline for different things or barely squeaked by on a final MULTIPLE times. One person is being fired for a bad customer review, where the customers only complaint is that he yawned while working with them.

There's not much the management team can do they spend most of their time on conference calls all day, and don't get many opportunities to help the employees other than disciplinary actions that are mandatory that they complete.

it's sales, so it's like a roller coaster.

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

great benefits. health, vacations, and 401k. if you work hard and network you can advance in the company pretty quickly.

Cons

change compensation plans to much. Lack of training, and the training that is given is not up to par, and is done to quickly.

Give sales department realistic expectations, and a sales quota in January, not in June. this way your sales team gets paid for their work.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T