ARINC

www.arinc.com
  www.arinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for ARINC

It's time for some management changes

Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Annapolis, MD (US)
Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Annapolis, MD (US)

I worked at ARINC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1) Commuting can be very pleasant if you live on this side of MD. Some departments are better to work in. At least so I'm told.

2) Flexible hours. Alternative Work Schedule (AWS)

Cons

ARINC is currently waiting for a buyer, and it seems like the only employees that are hanging around are the ones that were just hired and/or the ones that still draw a pension. Here is what I observed in my time there:

1) Nepotism - : favoritism (as in appointment to a job) based on kinship
This is ramped at ARINC. You will most likely not have a good career advancement due to this practice. Many employees (family members) are getting positions they are not qualified for. It has completely undermined the moral.

2) Signs of Corporate Pathology? - I've found that many (expensive) decisions are made based on private personal agendas no matter if it's good for the company or not. In my department as an example, the clients weren't even consulted on buy in for major changes to make sure they were ok with the ongoing cost.

3) Work Place Diversity - I also noticed there are VERY FEW minorities in leadership roles. I have not seen this to this extent in other work environments. I just thought it might be worth mentioning.

4) No Management Meetings - The employees NEVER get updates with management on what's going on. No management meetings with the employees, performance goals and bonus have diminished to non-existent for those that are on the front line and are reserved for the middle to upper managers.

5) Uneven Workload - I frequently ran into situations where there is one employee that is doing the majority of the work in their departments. When that employee is out, there are severe gaps in the productivity due to the single threaded nature of the organization.

6) Frequent re-organizations - It seems to be about 1 to 2 re-orgs per year. The entire department anxiously awaits to see who your new boss will be for that part of the year to see how your ongoing projects are affected.

Properly train the staff OR hire competent managers to lead the organization's department. I'd most likely favor the latter. Stop the nepotism. It's really tearing the company apart. It's no secret that investing in good people will take the company further in the long run. ARINC seems to not understand that, or just plain doesn't care anymore! Many of the CONS has grown from inexperienced management.

66 Other Employee Reviews for ARINC (View Most Recent)

Good company.

I have been working at ARINC full-time

Pros

Room for growth if you are willing to work for it. Many very good, caring, and kind people work here.

Cons

Large variance between senior leaders in different areas. Like any place else, some senior leaders cannot make decisions and are very poor leaders but some are excellent.

Great workers, executive leadership poor.

I worked at ARINC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Used to be a great company that treated employees well until The Carlye Group purchased the company and it went down hill from there.

Cons

Executive leadership is very poor and is not honest with employees. There is no strategic outlook and the focus is EBIT and cash for stakeholders.

Sell the company as fast as you can

There are newer employer reviews for ARINC