Nepotism at its worst.

Former Employee - Senior Staffing Specialist  in  Plano, TX (US)
Former Employee - Senior Staffing Specialist in Plano, TX (US)

I worked at APR Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Can bring your kids to work but what candidate or client wants to hear screaming kids in the background?

Cons

Low salary, cheats recruiters out of commissions, blatant nepotism

Take care of your producers and don't let nepotism ruin your business

Other Reviews for APR Consulting

My experience was good.

Current Employee - Human Resources Service Center Analyst  in  Alameda, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Service Center Analyst in Alameda, CA (US)

I have been working at APR Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

The staff was courteous, helpful, and good with follow up.

Cons

Towards the end of my 1 yr assignment I was unclear if I would be extended. I was directed by APR to find out from the contract manager instead of APR finding out this info in advance. It made for a stressful last month of work. My performance didn't suffer. However, I ended up walking into work, logged in to start the day only to be told the previous day was my last day. It was embarassing, and unprofessional. A heads up would've been nice. I wasn't contacted by them for other assignments.

Be more proactive during the ending of an assignment by having as much info as possible and give common courtesy to your contract workers.

Mostly Got Me Up and Working Quickly, But With A Few Glitches.

I worked at APR Consulting as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Overall, my experience leading the assignment was good. APR's recruiters and human resources people brought me on board quickly, and for the most part provided me the instructions I needed to meet the pre-employment requirements.

Cons

One major error during the recruiting phase was that the recruiter told me an incorrect start time for the assignment and it turned out the client had a fairly unusual, I would say bizarre starting time.
    Over the course of my assignment, APR's administrative. and human resources support was spotty. I was contracted to the client as a technician. There were a number of mis-communications regarding my hours and other payments between the client's HR department and APR's that I was asked to mitigate.
    I was also substantially overpaid a final per diem payment that I had clearly input correctly. I agreed to repay the over payment but the HR employee refused to detail how the error happened.

There are newer employer reviews for APR Consulting.

Worked for APR Consulting? Contribute to the Community!