AECOM
www.aecom.com Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

Getting worst before it gets better!!

Project Engineer (Former Employee)
Arlington, VA (US)

I worked at AECOM full-time for more than 5 years

ProsMega projects and good benefits.

ConsThe middle management promotes among themselves even if it does not make sense. Why will promote a person that have not won any work for the office, why? They have to many young middle management people with no experience or connections. Everywhere that I go is the same thing, you win projects because you prove yourselves as competent and experienced on matter not because you are the president of such and such association or because you know the president of this other association and go golfing with him. AECOM middle management does not have the know how therefore they can't win.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the nonsense and start hiring seasoned experienced people and please let go of the top salaried people (it is killing the morale).

Great Work Life Balance

Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than a year

Pros: The ability to work from home occasionally is a nice… Cons: It's hard to get the educational benefits they claim they offer. Layoffs are a monthly happening which is… Advice to Senior Management: Limited room to grow and gain professional development. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

What it used to be.......

Project Engineer I (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at AECOM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Used to be a great place to work. Used to win significant projects in US.… Cons: A lot. Suspect hires in upper management in NY. Now its not what you know or can do,… Advice to Senior Management: Quit. Start over. Become leaner up top. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on AECOM.

Worked for AECOM? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AECOM reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AECOM CEO Michael S. Burke. All reviews posted anonymously by AECOM employees.