There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

Great company that focusses on being the best

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Calgary, AB
Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Calgary, AB

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Incredible projects, the very talent staff and true global experience and reach. Many talk of being global few achieve it. AECOM is a global powerhouse that attracts the best and brightest.

Cons

Change is a constant. Some thrive and others never do. Not a company if you like to think parochially and you cannot collaborate.

Drive shareholder value, keep explaining the strategy and how staff can contribute and staff alignment will be achieved

827 Other Employee Reviews for AECOM (View Most Recent)

Great experience where I got a chance to develop my skills through experience and working with senior personnel.

Current Employee - Project Engineer  in  Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

AECOM gives you a chance to work throughout all areas and help develop your skills in a wide variety of engineering areas rather than focus you to one particular group.

Cons

It is a big commercial engineering company that is publicly traded so there is no chance to ever becoming an associate.

Bonuses should be increased and promotions should reflect personal growth and performance rather than the groups.

My Career with AECOM is Great!

Current Employee - Department Manager  in  Saskatoon, SK
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Saskatoon, SK

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Broad range of project types and locations provide good opportunites - especially for entry level and mobile emloyees. Appropriate pay and very good benefits package. Great work enviornment, friendly staff, and access to excellent mentors. Lots of room for growth and advancement. Opportunities to relocate worldwide. Recognition that people are the most important asset.

Cons

Publicly-owned company means the focus on financial results seems to overide employee satisfaction. A little heavy in the executive offices with lots of management. It seems that new initiatives and policies are constantly being rolled out. Company appears to be doing everything it can to cut costs.

Please recognize the current morale issues and subsequent employee retention problems.
    We are losing good staff and their experience due to the perceived morale issues, and I believe they are just that, perceived, but without being addressed effectively perceived issues become real in employees minds. There is not a bottomless pit of potential employees in our market so if nothing is done, we'll lose more good employees, and with minimal qualified people to replace them will lose our share of the market in our location.

There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

Worked for AECOM? Contribute to the Community!