There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

You're Just A Number

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Arlington, VA (US)
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Arlington, VA (US)

I worked at AECOM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Convenient location near public transportation, cool staff, friends, steady paycheck, gym in building. Have I reached the 20 word minimum yet?

Cons

Share some of the downsides of working at AECOM? "Soul-crushing" and "you're just a number" are the most accurate descriptions of AECOM. When I was laid off last year during one of their many rounds of lay-offs, my manager wasn't even present.

I was with a former operating company that just celebrated its 100th anniversary. Post-merger and after months of mind-games, bending over backwards in the name of "AECOM values", and countless wasted hours spent on pointless "team-building" meetings, I was let go. When AECOM fires you, you have 15 minutes to vacate the premises, and you can't say goodbye to anyone unless they're near your desk. Some random HR representative, that you've never met hovers near you until you leave. If you don't leave within 15 minutes, security is summoned.. And to me, a company that treats you that way when you leave never really cared that you were there in the first place. Employees who were with the previous operating company, some for 20+ years, were just unceremoniously discarded. It's heartbreaking.

At AECOM, you are a number, not a valued employee with a personality and experience. Just a number.

Advice to management? Read these reviews.

827 Other Employee Reviews for AECOM (View Most Recent)

Growing organisation with much room for develpment

Current Employee - Director  in  Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
    Current Employee - Director in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I have been working at AECOM full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good environment and lot of opportunities to prove oneself

Cons

Very immature in all walks of an engineering consultancy from leadership, processes/procedures, business acumen

Get rid of under-performing managers/employees in senior positions in the organisation which is too top heavy to start off with

Management and leadership of the company's domestic and international security services offerings

Former Employee - Senior Director
    Former Employee - Senior Director

I worked at AECOM full-time

Pros

AECOM is a good company with great diversity in the global marketplace. They have a very strong body of assets that can contribute from across the company's portfolio to meet contract requirements.

Cons

As with any large company, the size of AECOM is also its negative. Decisions, direction, and requests must go through an exhaustive process for approval. Such process can add to the overhead and schedule of any project.

There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

Worked for AECOM? Contribute to the Community!