ADM
www.adm.com Decatur, IL 5000+ Employees

Very poor management, decent pay, brutal hours

Director of Tax (Former Employee)
Decatur, IL (US)

I worked at ADM full-time for more than 10 years

ProsDecent pay and benefits, co-workers and staff people generally easy to work with

ConsTerrible review process, most management is unqualified, expectations unrealistic, 70 -80 hour workweeks. I worked under a manager for 20 years that rarely worked a full week and treated employees terribly, yet he kept his job, you could never talk to him without condescending arrogant replies. When he retired, he was replaced by a person who only knew anything about federal and international tax, and was a horrible manager; you could never trust what he said as he would reverse it a week later; put extreme stress and pressure on the dept. Company wide, morale is very poor. I finally had enough and retired early because of heart problems which I place the blame for directly on ADM, in short, I was being worked to death. There is also a lot of corruption.

Advice to Senior ManagementPat Woertz isn't qualified for this company as she came from an oil company which as is common opposes ethanol which ADM is the world's largest producer. Most of the old upper management knew this diverse company backwards and forward and most have quit.

QC Lab is more like a bad horror movie!

QC Lab (Current Employee)
Valdosta, GA (US)

I have been working at ADM full-time for more than a year

Pros: Lots of great people in this company. Overall a great place to work as long as you're in the right department. If you're… Cons: People not qualified being put in supervisory positions. Those people then treat you like trash and lie to cover their… Advice to Senior Management: Cut the FAT!!! I mean that figuratively and literally. SHE is the reason you can't keep the lab fully staffed. I think we've been through… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Career development gone missing

Finance (Former Employee)
Decatur, IL (US)

I worked at ADM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Very big company with global locations and opportunities Cons: Management short sighted. Focused on task execution and not as… Advice to Senior Management: Higher good people managers No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on ADM.

Worked for ADM? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADM reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ADM CEO Pat Woertz. All reviews posted anonymously by ADM employees.