There are newer employer reviews for ADM

Company very disrespectful of its employees-do not go to work there!!!

Current Employee - Accountant  in  Decatur, IL (US)
Current Employee - Accountant in Decatur, IL (US)

I have been working at ADM

Pros

work/family life ok. Benefits are so/so. I am however now on husbands CAT insurance and it is far better

Cons

If it is 1st 2 weeks of the month expect to work very late nights and will never be able to have any time off during that period. Management thinks it is above everyone. laid off very good employees and left ones that play on the internet all day. Also left ones that get by with doing as little as possible. One guy that got laid off was the first one to get there and the last one to leave every night. Have the stupid goals that have to be revised every year. Your promotions and pay raises are based on these goals. Last year even after the lousy 3% raise was given I was told to make changes to my goals. Now how can that be a goal Treat their clerks or anyone without a degree like they are peons.

Treat you employees with some respect. You claim to be a team so act like it. Don't lay off good hard workers and if you do have to lay people off, it shouldn't be left up to the employees upper supervior to make that kind of decision. If they don't care for a person that is the ones that got the ax. It should have been done by Seniority. The way you handled things it was not a lay off it was the firing of people.

140 Other Employee Reviews for ADM (View Most Recent)

Mundane

Former Employee - Commodity Merchandising Intern
    Former Employee - Commodity Merchandising Intern

I worked at ADM

Pros

I don't have anything against the company. It is just a fairly basic job that got old very quickly. But if you want a stress free environment ADM is the place to be.

-You never have to stress about work. You go in at the same time, do the same thing all day, go home and don't have to think about work at all until the next day.
    -The people are nice. They are down to earth and have that southern hospitality
    -They seemed to be lenient on taking days off
    -Good work hours

Cons

-Very Mundane. I had done basically everything task I would ever do on the job within the first couple weeks.
    -Work not challenging
    -If you work there full time you will be required to relocate a lot over your first two years

-Give your interns more work to do. The majority of the day I surfed the internet because they did not have anything for me to do.

ADM was ok

I worked at ADM

Pros

At the time a lot of oppotunites for personal and professional devlopment.

Cons

Layoffs that affected 1,200 employess.

There are newer employer reviews for ADM

Worked for ADM? Contribute to the Community!