Emeritus Senior Living

Emeritus Senior Living Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Emeritus Senior Living President and Chief Executive Officer Granger Cobb

Granger Cobb

Pros
  • My team has been so supportive and I feel that I have the autonomy to make creative decisions that positively affect our employees and residents (in 4 reviews)

• Wages were good, Residents are wonderful, staff, Department Heads are great (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management makes 10 to 20 times more money for doing nothing but demanding more out of care staff (in 7 reviews)

• No Christmas bonus to line staff (e (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Good systems

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood systems to use to take care of residents

ConsIt was hard to implement them all

Laid back corporate environment.

Senior Accountant (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsOffice culture, work life balance

ConsLow pay and benefits, top heavy structure

I have a had A GREAT experience at Emeritus.

CRD (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsThe residents are more than wonderful.

Cons" too much management turnover "

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

neutral

Resident Assistant-CNA (Current Employee) Danvers, MA (US)

Prosclose proximity to home,fellow cna's are always willing to help

Consmanagment does not seem to appriciate frontliners

Successful community due to the efforts of a visionary Executive Director

ProsHands down, this community's greatest asset is their Executive Director. This person is a visionary leader with innovative ideas for improving assisted living communities based on the combination of latest technology and old-fashioned human warmth.

ConsMicro-management tendencies by less-experienced managers combined with budget cuts due to an impending takeover (merger) restrain me to giving only a 4-star rating. High stress levels are often evident in key employees due to heavy workload demands.

The job for you...if you want to be underpaid and walked all over!

Resident Assistant (Former Employee) Columbus, OH (US)

ProsHelping the elderly and making their last years fun! Letting their family know that when their family member is in your care they will be taken care of and loved. The residents are always a pro when working at an assisted living!

ConsI don't know if I'll have time to list every single thing. After working for the company a combined 5 years at 2 different facilities I would never go back. They hire anyone off the street to care for the residents meaning people with no experience and straight off the boat so with heavy accents that the residents get frustrated with. Heavy turnover rates in management, nursing, and care staff. As the company says they are an assisted living but would allow people that need 100% care who can not do anything for themselves to move in. The company is money hungry. I could go on and on.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people you would want to keep for awhile. Train care staff better and investigate "incident reports"! Compensate more after a 90 day period to keep people longer. Raise care staff wages! Make the residents your number one focus!

Avoid Emeritus!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe residents

Some of the staff

ConsBelow average pay, ridiculous hours to the point of zero work life balance, ripping off the residents.

Emeritus, 2 billion dollars in debt buying more buildings, while simultaneously under staffing buildings, underpaying employees, & neglecting buildings
    Rent is raised multiple times a year but the budgets for each department declines on a regular basis. They pay more to get less. Emeritus & Brookdale both, would happily operate buildings with one caregiver if they could legally get away with it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo away and stop stealing from old people!

Difficult company to work for

Resident Care Director (Former Employee)

ProsTraining was ok. Compant values fine. Residents great.

ConsTurnover. Salary and benefits not competitive. Lack of response from corporate management. Residence showing its age.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people like human beings and not animals. Respond to requests. Investigate why there is so much turnover. Spend money to improve the residences instead of on stupid competitions for management staff.

5 years of Hell!!

Executive Director (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsWages were good, Residents are wonderful, staff, Department Heads are great.

ConsUpper Management continue to push census without concern of Residents care, bottom line was $$$$$ not Care.

Advice to Senior ManagementBalance Care with Dollars. Stop pushing and care for what you have first.

Rewarding, at times challenging with the demands of the families and high turn overs.

Resident Care Director (Former Employee) Fairfield, CA (US)

ProsMade a difference in seniors quality of life.

ConsHigh turn overs, Very demanding from upper management, residents and families. You have to find a balance in order to make this job work for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport employees at ALL levels.

Emeritus Senior Living Response

Jun 23, 2014Recruiting Project Specialist

We appreciate your feedback.

Worked for Emeritus Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!