Emeritus Senior Living Reviews

Updated 24 August, 2014

2.5

T. Andrew Smith
1 Rating

Pros
  • My team has been so supportive and I feel that I have the autonomy to make creative decisions that positively affect our employees and residents (in 4 reviews)

• Wages were good, Residents are wonderful, staff, Department Heads are great (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management makes 10 to 20 times more money for doing nothing but demanding more out of care staff (in 7 reviews)

• No Christmas bonus to line staff (e (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Experience

Former Employee - CNA/MAT  in  Broken Arrow, OK (US)
    Former Employee - CNA/MAT in Broken Arrow, OK (US)

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, great employers, great pay.

Cons

Stresses of working in geriatrics.

Good teams to work with

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living for more than 10 years

Pros

enjoy the teams i work with and the ability to support others in making a positive work environment

Cons

no real cons at times it was difficult getting responses to requests, however responses eventually came

Emeritus-Seattle Office

Current Employee - Senior Accountant  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work culture, location, and work/life balance. Co-workers are extremely nice and fun. Employee Morale is good and fun events are frequent.

Cons

Career Growth is limited while compensation and benefits tend to be on the low end of the scale.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great concept.

Current Employee - Dining Services Director
    Current Employee - Dining Services Director

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work environment. Love the community I work at.

Cons

Better methods of training. Needs better way of training and support from regionals.

More hands on, supportive training for management.

It was a pleasure working with this company.

Former Employee - Resident Assistant
    Former Employee - Resident Assistant

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

The residents and their families will make you feel extremely appreciated.

Cons

Management sometimes inconsiderate of nurses and resident assistants.

Decent Corporate Office

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere. Friendly environment. Opportunities to branch out and get ahead.

Cons

Can be very click-ish. Potential to be blackballed. Very political.

Focus on helping solid employees move ahead, while not arbitrarily awarding sub-par performances.

The job for you...if you want to be underpaid and walked all over!

Former Employee - Resident Assistant  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Columbus, OH (US)

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Helping the elderly and making their last years fun! Letting their family know that when their family member is in your care they will be taken care of and loved. The residents are always a pro when working at an assisted living!

Cons

I don't know if I'll have time to list every single thing. After working for the company a combined 5 years at 2 different facilities I would never go back. They hire anyone off the street to care for the residents meaning people with no experience and straight off the boat so with heavy accents that the residents get frustrated with. Heavy turnover rates in management, nursing, and care staff. As the company says they are an assisted living but would allow people that need 100% care who can not do anything for themselves to move in. The company is money hungry. I could go on and on.

Hire people you would want to keep for awhile. Train care staff better and investigate "incident reports"! Compensate more after a 90 day period to keep people longer. Raise care staff wages! Make the residents your number one focus!

Senior Living

Current Employee - CRC  in  West Palm Beach, FL (US)
    Current Employee - CRC in West Palm Beach, FL (US)

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Helping families find solutions for their loved ones

Cons

stress, long hours, no respect

completely unethical, disheartening and dishonest

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros

wonderful residents, the building had a nice atmosphere

Cons

Ethics first hotline is a joke and does nothing more than fulfill a requirement. Receive no support or response as a result of using this hotline. Upper management within the facility and Corporate does not follow their own policies and ethics. Do not hold people accountable for their actions. Fail to address concerns of neglect, care issues, protect residents and their rights and investigate properly. Allow unqualified, oblivious, incompetent people to hold positions they should not. Allow and encourage bullying, retaliation, dishonesty and cover up to protect themselves rather than the residents. Completely dishonest in numerous areas, [payroll, health insurance offerings, state surveys to name just a few] and seem to have a lot of influence and/or power with various government entities. Admit residents that require much more care and monitoring than a less than experienced, skeleton staff can handle safely, which would also include med techs whose training is far from adequate as well as fail to possess needed knowledge about diseases let alone the medications they are handing out. No teamwork or support in and from upper management. Daily activities provided to residents is pitiful, no encouragement to attend, nothing stimulating provided to those with dementia. Resident autonomy is not encouraged or fostered. Fail to involve, educate, provide choices to residents regarding their care, illness, billing. Fail to provide diabetic and other prescribed diets. I can go on, but feel it senseless.

acknowledge, investigate and personally address the users of the ethics first hotline and in an ethical manner. Dont find fault or place blame on the users of the hotline as a result of your own wrong doing. Hold people accountable, follow adopted policy, procedure and ethics. Be more attentive to concerns raised by staff. Provide better and more extensive training to the med techs, with better pay. Quit admitting or keeping residents that are medically unstable, require to much assistance with ADL's. Increase staff. Reward honesty and commitment of staff who value providing good, high quality care. Quit focusing on dollar amounts. Focus on providing quality care and giving the residents the value they pay for. Here too I could go on and on. READ YOUR REVIEWS and take what people say or feel as bad going on and take it to heart. You encourage these people who have concerns to put them to the ETHICS FIRST hotline, I suggest you actually formally communicate with these people, let them know what you are doing about it, and prove it.

Good systems

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros

Good systems to use to take care of residents

Cons

It was hard to implement them all

Worked for Emeritus Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!