Edmonds Community College

Updated 18 October, 2014
Updated 18 October, 2014
3.9

Jack Oharah

Positive work place atmosphere and supportive of study

Former Employee - Tutor in Edmonds, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Tutor in Edmonds, WA (US)

I worked at Edmonds Community College part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible and easy to schedule around your quarter classes, no pressure to work more hours than you can handle. Management is nice and easy to approach, no one will snap at you for getting sick last minute or lowering hours due to stress. Really great place.

Cons

Not so much Edmond's itself but coworkers aren't always the hardest working. I had to pick up the slack for other tutors a lot because they'd ignore the request board hoping someone else will take it up. Can't really report it and it makes the workload uneven at times. Not really a big con though, since I enjoyed talking with people and helping them out.

Maybe be a bit more stern on lazy worker, because there are a few who will take advantage of the kindness of upper management.

Great Benefits and Dedicated People

Current Employee - Instructor in Lynnwood, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Instructor in Lynnwood, WA (US)

I have been working at Edmonds Community College part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Amazing management, people, and everyone is passionate about their job.

Cons

Being a part time employee it's hard to know when/what classes you are teaching until the very last minute.

Listen more to the younger generation and their ideas of making a department better.

Educational; documentation and application testing specialist.

Former Employee - Student Technology Advisement Resource Team Volunteer in Lynnwood, WA (US)

I worked at Edmonds Community College as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Learned a lot about documentation writing and creating testing scenarios.

Cons

Looking for more hands on software testing results.

Compliment to management; strong team!

A good start to my education and professional career

Current Employee - Writing Assistant in Lynnwood, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Writing Assistant in Lynnwood, WA (US)

I have been working at Edmonds Community College part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very laid-back, easygoing work environment. My supervisor was very adapt at both running her department but not over-working or stepping on the staff.

Cons

Pay was low at the time, but it was part-time student work. I felt like there was no room for growth without first finishing my studies.

No real advice here, everything seemed to run like a well-oiled, if large, machine.

Great Work-Life Balance

Current Employee - Customer Service III in Lynnwood, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service III in Lynnwood, WA (US)

I have been working at Edmonds Community College full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The job is easy, positive environment, great work balance. Lots of vacation time and I am free to use it whenever I want. That is Great!!

Cons

Procedures and computer software are antiquated. Circa 1988. They still have documents that need to be “typed”

Amazing place to work for! (No doubt.)

Current Employee - Student Assistant in Lynnwood, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Student Assistant in Lynnwood, WA (US)

I have been working at Edmonds Community College part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Honestly, this space right here would NOT fit all the things I found great about Edmonds Community College. Having both studied and worked at the college, I can say that Edmonds Community College has the following strong suits and values:
    - Great Work Environment and People
    - Organized Company Structure and Systems
    - Work/Life Balance, Travel Opportunities
    - Clear Vision, Mission and CORE Values
    - Clear teaching directions & committees
    - Great health care benefits and training
    - Career Advancement / Growth Opportunities
    - Great Payscale for almost every level at the college
    - Great 10-year / long-term plans and strategies
    - ...and so many more!!!

Cons

Edmonds Community College has expansive ways to grow according to its potentials...
    It has changed from being constructive to being more collaborative as an organization. Therefore, these changes have to be supported at every level and in every department at the college... Many efforts and investments have been done, however, there are still some many inefficient pipelines that can be reduced.

I am overall satisfied with my career and study journey spent at Edmonds Community College.
    I encourage my fellow friends looking at this review to join Edmonds Community College. I definitely would recommend it with an open set of arms and heart! :-)

Great programs and friendly college environment!

Former Employee - Tutor in Lynnwood, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Tutor in Lynnwood, WA (US)

I worked at Edmonds Community College part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Diverse opportunities available. People are very friendly and supportive. Great place to be at. Learn and improve skills for a better future. Enjoy my time working and studying here. Definitely recommend Edmonds Community College as an employer / school.

Cons

Parking can be hard. Usually have to come early to get a good spot. Other than that, this is a great college for both learning and working.

The staff at the Career Action Center at Edmonds CC are the BEST to work with! Truly wonderful people.

I worked at Edmonds Community College

Pros

I worked here under Work Study program. It was one of the best positions I have ever held in my professional career. It was so rewarding to help students get started in the worker retraining program and to see their progress quarter after quarter.

Cons

Not always enough to do. But on the other hand, being a student and working under the work study program, it allowed me time to work on my homework.

Keep up the awesome work and support of student employees.

tuturing

I worked at Edmonds Community College part-time (less than an year)

Pros

it was an amazing and fun challenge

Cons

it gave me an unforgettable experience

they are so friendly and nice like a family

an enlightening place to work

Former Employee - Computer Lab
    Former Employee - Computer Lab

I worked at Edmonds Community College as an intern

Pros

it is educational to attend

Cons

it is an unpaid internship