Edelman

Edelman Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Edelman President and CEO Richard W. Edelman

Richard W. Edelman

Pros
  • Lots of resources available to employees and good work-life balance culture (in 51 reviews)

• Many smart people to work with on a diverse portfolio of projects (in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely high work pressure means that work life balance is adversely impacted (in 110 reviews)

• Long hours; org structure difficult to understand/navigate (in 90 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place overall, staff are positive, benefits package, culture events and parties, extra long weekends, etc.

ProsThe people are fabulous, great benefits package, office culture is good, and lots of great incentives.

ConsLack of organized structure at times, no clear direction to grow your career.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistency is key with staff and providing feedback and support.

Difficult to advance

Administrative Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood culture, intelligent senior most leadership, on the cutting edge of the industry

ConsLong hours, junior staff unwilling to think or do work themselves, difficult to advance

Great company that values interpersonal relations and tenure

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsEdelman is truly innovative; if you have an idea you can run with it. The people are genuinely nice and put clients first.

ConsCareer paths to promotions are unclear across departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare career progression guidelines and keep up the good work with hiring smart people!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working with the best in the buisness

Account Manager (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsWe have some of the smartest people in the industry. We also have the best employee engagement programs I've ever seen in my career.

ConsWe work A LOT. This, however, is not unique to Edelman. It's an industry thing...

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the employee engagement initiatives going!

Edelman is a great workplace that challenges everyone to do their best every day.

ProsSuper smart people, collaborating environment

ConsSometimes it can be hard to move up the ladder.

Senior Account Executive

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsExcellent name to have on a resume. Many learning opportunities. Strong digital practice. Well-known, high-profile clients. Many employment engagement initiatives.

ConsJunior staff are expected to work long hours, with minimal financial compensation. Minimal on boarding process - several people quit within first couple of months. Senior leaders are too busy to provide guidance or support to junior staff. Feedback process is intimidating.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more junior staff, and pay them more. Many junior staff are investing their evening hours, and cannot always make rent.

Good place to learn during the beginning of your career, not as a senior leader

Vice President, Digital (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsUnique and valuable thought leadership,
    Strong thought leaders.
    Top clients.

ConsHighly political, excellence and performance are not enough to succeed.
    While they preach balance, there is an expectation to put clients first, no matter what.
    Lack of support in emerging technologies.
    Lack of leadership development.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you choose to invest in a new area or practice, be prepared to invest in hires beyond the sell the work and then we will staff it. If not, you will loose opportunities to excel, learn and provide great service to clients.
    Investing in your Leaders from Directors up will increase your leadership capacity and potential.

Edelman Vancouver office needs stronger leadership

Account Manager (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC

Pros-Lots of perks, parties and incentives
    -Interesting clients for a smaller city

Cons-Management doesn't notice highly unproductive team members and aggressive senior staff who desperately need management training.
    -Low salaries for middle managers

Advice to Senior ManagementStop playing favourites, reevaluate staff members that are roadblocks.

Fun, junior colleagues keep things going

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCollaborative atmosphere, fun workplace, great office. Work hard, play hard.

ConsCommunications are often unclear. Senior staff sometimes seem unappreciative.

One of the most innovative employers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsLeading edge employee engagement strategies, a true commitment from leadership to valuing contributions of employees, independently owned - have been able to keep the feel of a family owned business on a global level

ConsBad behavior of leaders at the local level is often overlooked, work life balance can be a challenge to find

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!