Echo Global Logistics Reviews

Updated 21 October, 2014
3.3

Echo Global Logistics CEO and Director Doug Waggoner
Doug Waggoner

Pros
  • Echo Dallas has a great work environment for someone who wants to work hard and play hard (in 20 reviews)

• kickball team on thursdays, softball team on tuesdays, beer fridays and happy hours regularly (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Sweeping changes in benefits and commission structure were made without warning (in 13 reviews)

• takes a while and hard work to get to commission (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Senior Account Executive

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to work right out of college as a first job. Fun work environment with good people.

Cons

Large amount of turnover which results in current employees being forced into added responsibilities that do not correlate with added pay.

Echo is a great company to start with for sales experience.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is a very young company with a high energy atmosphere. It is a great place to build a sales career through learning fundamentals. The training program is very thorough.

Cons

The training program, while thorough, is very tedious. Halfway through the program, all you want to do is hit the floor and start calling.

For carrier sales, I would only suggest more team oriented goals/rewards. It is difficult to break through to commission without a national carrier.

I love it!

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun , young company. Lots of events to keep employees engaged and active within the company. Great opportunity to make friends and learn about logistics and it's an environment that's growing fast, we are always adding new team members and bringing people in. Great recruiting process and training, I feel like I have learned a lot and I've only been here 2 months. I came from a bank environment and the attitude and culture here is contagious.

Cons

Getting started is rough, but what do you expect? I do everything I was trained to do but don't always book a load (Echo speak for closing a deal) and sometimes it's hard to get started, but there are many successful people here who assure me they started the same way and had a difficult time at the beginning so I'm going to true them and stay after it. Hours can be rough too but I'm working with young people my age so it's hard to complain.

Try to paint a realistic expectation of the job during the interview process by getting more time to talk to current employees and get questions answered.

Inside Sales (Carrier Sales Rep)

Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great for right out of College, or if you are absolutely desperate. Base is $35k across the board, which comes out to minimum wage after the hours they force you to work. There are a few bright stars among the regional leaders. Young and funish for a minute, until you have to pay rent.

Cons

The company seems to value production, above all else. You will be forced to work 12+ hrs every day, plus a Saturday shift, which you won't be compensated for. They'll tell you that it's an "opportunity" to sell more. But we all know it's just to squeeze you. Soon that $35k is minimum wage and it takes most 8-12 months to "break through" to actual commission earnings. You will see a few examples of people that have broken through on the teams, but they typically make $50k for 12+hr days.

If you'd like to advance, there's a long line, expect 3+ years before you get promoted. If you ask to transfer to another department, HR will remind you that is the job you signed up for etc. Lots of bullying and shoddy people in the company that make trust an issue at all levels.

It's tough when people steal your sales, but when it happens multiple times weekly and the managers defend the people doing the stealing, it's a concern. If you confront the person, they cry foul to the manager which will only earn you a bad mark. Whiny, complainy, young, and entitled. It's scary.

People in charge of training have no leadership qualities, but are really great at being boss'. Hopefully things change, the long hours and conditions are pretty terrible and the constant mistrust among the peons that make the money happen towards "leadership" is unsettling. There was a kind of mass exodus when I left. Lots of grumblings of poor management being the issue. Worth looking into to avoid lawsuits and bad reviews such as this one. Good Luck.

Echo Dallas - A Young Thrilling&Exhausting Atmosphere

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are missing college/high school, then Echo is the place for you!!!!!!!
    Work hard, play hard is Echo's Motto.
    When you exceed Echo's expectations your efforts will be praised tremendously!!
    If you ask for help at Echo, you will have numerous people willing and able to assist you!

Cons

Angry customers, high school drama, some coworkers/customers sound like doochebagz on the phone, I am getting fat sitting at my desk all day, our manager feeds us too much, predator pray environment.

Quit feeding me...just kidding. I LOVE FOOD & MY MANAGER!!!!!! <3

My experience at Echo has been wonderful!

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work atmosphere at Echo Dallas is awesome. This is a young energetic company to work for - the supervisors as well as Branch Manager at Dallas continues to give you the resources you need to succeed as well as encourages you and makes sure you're recognized when you’re hard work is noticed.

Cons

In any job - finding your way in a company is challenging at first. Echo has made this transition easy!

All around great place to work!

Current Employee - Carrier Sales in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great culture, fun environment, company is willing to change and is not afraid to try new things.

Cons

Some long work hours depending on circumstances throughout the day.

Great place to learn a lot about managing your day.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Opportunity to increase your pay with hard work.

Cons

Branch atmosphere can be a little hectic at times

Share updates more quickly, teach more about our enterprise capabilities.

Growing and Grew out

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Non Public Company - and was fun place to work. Company used to provide small bonus. It used to be a really good environment.

Cons

Went Public. No longer a good balance. No good work life balance.

Value peopls

I learned what I didn't want to do with my life

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best reason to work here is you are able to quickly bond with co-workers over how miserable you both are.
    Great for learning the art of the cold call

Cons

besides the general lack of care they seem to have for their employees, it was just a depressing place to work

Echo Global Logistics Photos