Echo Global Logistics

Updated 9 January, 2015
3.3

Echo Global Logistics CEO and Director Doug Waggoner
Doug Waggoner

Pros
  • Echo Dallas has a great work environment for someone who wants to work hard and play hard (in 20 reviews)

• kickball team on thursdays, softball team on tuesdays, beer fridays and happy hours regularly (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Sweeping changes in benefits and commission structure were made without warning (in 13 reviews)

• I wasn't 100% prepared when I hit the floor after training (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Thankful for the experience

Former Employee - Learning and Development in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Learning and Development in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A young, energetic culture; a well-designed workplace environment in a nice work building (same one as Groupon); constant growth and change

Cons

Young managers; egos; not a lot of growth opportunity; male-dominated industry; poor salary

getting better, keep pushing yourself to be better to your people and try harder to retain the good ones.

Jan 13, 2015Talent Sourcing Specialist

Your feedback is appreciated. Here at Echo, we know that “Better is the Only Option” (one of our core values) and will keep striving to cultivate a balanced and fair work environment for all ... More

Echo is a results driven company. You can make money if you work hard and get lucky

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Hard work can pay off
    -Easy to transfer positions

Cons

-Often micromanaged
    -High stress customer relationship management

Good starting place

I worked at Echo Global Logistics

Pros

Environment is casual and great for job seekers right out of college

Cons

can be a bit like a frat house

Jan 13, 2015Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thanks for your comments! We agree that Echo is a great place to start a career for new grads because of our comprehensive training program and continuous investment in career development. Work/life ... More

Great Environment! Really Enjoy Coming In To Work

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company culture here is one of a kind. I can truely say that I enjoy coming to work every day. The open desk atmosphere makes it easy to get to know your neighbors. My team is always collaborating together and boucning ideas off of eachother, which I love.

Echo is always coming up with new ways to improve and you can really see the excitement throughout the departments.

Cons

Making the dials can get tough at times but my supervisor is always available for support and assistance. It is very clear that hard work pays off and you do see results. Plus, who doesn't love extra money on those paychecks!

Jan 13, 2015Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thank you very much for your great review of Echo. We're really glad that you are enjoying your time here and find the work to be challenging and rewarding.

Hard Work Pays Off!

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Echo offers a truly great service and is very competitive in the industry. That being said, the more calls that you make in a day leads to closing more business which ultimately leads to more money - typical of any sales role, but Echo's service is competitive and continually sought after.

Cons

Getting used to the amount of calls that are required in order to succeed here. Gotta get your foot in the door and cold calling is the way to do it. Once you get used to it, it becomes second nature and you see the monetary benefits!

Jan 13, 2015Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for living our core values. It is clear you are self-motivated (“Bring Your Own…”) and give your best effort at work (“Work Hard and Hustle”).

The Dallas Branch is a family, and while Echo is a large corporation, this branch makes you feel right at home.

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics

Pros

Management truly cares about the success of their personnel in this branch. Even if you are struggling, if you seek help, you will find someone (whether it be a peer or a supervisor/manager) that is willing to help. If you put in the work, you WILL be rewarded. The Dallas branch exemplifies the "work hard play hard" mentality very well.

Cons

You have to adopt, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" mentality when trying to get answers from corporate in Chicago. The job is truly a grind when starting out, and can be fairly stressful.

Consistent feedback provided to sales reps. There are campaigns for monthly reviews, call reviews, pipeline reviews, but they are not consistent. If the feedback operates like clock-work, then your sales reps will grow.

Dec 15, 2014Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thanks for writing a review! It is great to hear you feel supported by management and your teammates. Clear and consistent feedback is crucial for personal and professional growth in the workplace ... More

Echo Global Logistics- Dallas office

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Echo truly values their employees and does everything they can to make sure they have a good experience here. Frequent free meals from supervisors for doing what they ask of you, beer on Fridays, and a lot of team work that is actually helpful. The branch manager is seriously the nicest, most loving person I have yet to work for. I have stayed at this job pretty much for him and all he does for us. The office is extremely laid back, which is really awesome.

Cons

The job itself is really frustrating. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to hit commission. Echo sets you up for success though, they give you everything you might need (and more) to do well. The job is rewarding at times when you hit goals. Training is long and boring at times. Calling people all day can get frustrating too.

I love the management

Dec 15, 2014Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thanks for your review! It is great to hear you enjoy the work environment and management. We admit the logistics industry can be crazy at times-please let HR or your Supervisor know if there is ... More

Good job

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun and friendly environment. Everyone is really supportive of each other. It looks like there are good opportunities for growth and development. It's a young crowd and a good place to start a sales career.

Cons

It can be very frustrating. I wasn't 100% prepared when I hit the floor after training. There are still a few things I struggle with.

Dec 15, 2014Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are glad you are getting the support you need! Please feel free to reach out to your Supervisor or the Learning and Development team for ... More

Play favorites

Former Employee - Client Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Client Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can make a lot of money if by a slim chance the management team is willing to help you close a big account.

Cons

They play favorites and if a rep is one of them, they get all of the positive support and attention. You're help accountable for every single shipment even if the carrier or customer is at fault. No questions asked, it's on you. They'll even deduct it from your pay if they want to. It should be illegal.

Stop playing favorites and provide support for every rep on your team. It's not difficult to be successful when management is actually managing correctly.

Echo Global Logistics Photos