Eastman Chemical

Eastman Chemical Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Eastman Chemical Chief Executive Officer Mark J. Costa

Mark J. Costa

Pros
  • Eastman is a unique place that values work-life balance and giving back to the community(in 39 reviews)

• Pay packages are competitive, especially when you take into account the low cost of living in Kingsport(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Being based out of a small town provides unique opportunities as well as challenges(in 23 reviews)

• Sometimes to much burocracy which is taking the speed out of the decision making process(in 19 reviews)

Human Company looking not just on results also HOW you get the results

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

ProsWithout doubt our culture is what makes difference since each of us is involved in follow good behaviors, ethic code, sustainability, safety, wellness. Is incredible how good your can feel in a company the covers all aspects to get a balance between personal and profesional life; and of course this is reflected in good results.

ConsWe have many procedures to follow up, some of them require too much time. But this year we are working in a productivity initiative.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement it too involved with all levels in the company. Their is an open communication, and good example to follow up.

Great company, but not sure how much more we can do with less or the same resources...

Market Development Manager (Current Employee) Kingsport, TN (US)

ProsGood opportunity to learn and grow.

ConsConstant increase in responsibilities without additional compensation is creating a lot of exhaustion. Company is doing well, but morale doesn't reflect it because the grind isn't letting up.

Outstanding Place to work!

ProsOrganizational values, specifically the quality of life they focus on for employees. The organization values individuals, and wants to see you succeed, but not at the cost of your family life.

ConsUltra conservative culture, which can be challenging to navigate. Additionally, it can cause a mindset of 'we don't do that here', which can also be challenging to navigate.

Advice to Senior ManagementProtect the core culture at all costs - the quality of life that is part of the org culture is a key differentiator in the market place.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Continues to evolve brilliantly.

Senior Vice President (Current Employee) Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

ProsThe company is focused on innovation, productivity, performance and growth, not just of the company but employees as well. The company treats employees fairly and well, particularly high performers and high potential employees.

ConsGiven the global footprint, it is a relatively more diverse and challenging place to work. However, it is a good place for top talents looking to gain a global perspective to work.

A great place to work!

ProsGreat managers that want to support you to reach your full potential. Employees are hard-working, intelligent and passionate about the company and are rewarded for this with great employee benefits.
    The safety of employees is a priority for Eastman so it’s nice to know that we work for a company that genuinely cares for its employees.

ConsCan be slow to act at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore decisions and approvals should be made regionally to speed things up and improve productivity.

Nice people, interesting work, great quality of life

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kingsport, TN (US)

ProsEastman has values that align with my own. The compensation is competitive, especially considering the low cost of living in Eastern Tennessee. Eastman emphasizes work-life balance and allows a flexible work schedule (for most roles). Everyone is friendly and helpful and the company provides an atmosphere that values teamwork.

ConsAs a young person, Eastern Tennessee was not the first location that came to mind when I thought of where I would be working, but the benefits and experiences you get working for Eastman make it worth it.

This company takes good care of its employees.

Senior Research Chemist (Former Employee) Kingsport, TN (US)

ProsExcellent compensation, good camaraderie. excellent working conditions, steady employment
    Excellent benefits. Largest employer in Tennessee.

ConsFrequent management changes to develop candidates for senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse department experience to fill management positions. Nothing worse than having a manager come in who knows little about the business he has been assigned to run.

A positive, encouraging environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsStrong, ethical leadership that puts family first

ConsLimited, global thinking and too much emphasis on process at lower levels of the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow inorganically to strike a better balance in global perspectives.

Great! As an intern, Eastman has done a great job making me feel important to the company.

IT Department (Current Employee) Kingsport, TN (US)

ProsVery friendly workplace. Eastman plays a large focus on safety and cares a lot about their employees (and interns!). I'm so happy to have the oppurtunity to work with this company!

ConsNone have been evident in the short time that I've been here.

An ethical, high-performance workplace

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kingsport, TN (US)

ProsThe best thing about this company is the people you get to work with. Strong work ethic, insightful, and highly collaborative. The Kingsport location is also a great place to raise a family.

ConsThere is limited access to cultural and entertainment activities because the headquarters is 3-5 hours from the nearest major cities.

Worked for Eastman Chemical? Contribute to the Community!