Dynamics Research

Add Photos

Dynamics Research Chairman, President, and CEO James P. Regan

James P. Regan

Good COmpany to work for

Various IT Analyst Positions (Former Employee) McLean, VA (US)

Prosgood pay and benefits, flexible, interesting work

Consfor me the only con was my commute

Solid medium-sized company with above average benefits and strong work/life balance.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Arlington, VA (US)

ProsRelaxed work atmosphere with above average benefits and welcoming employees. Work/life balance is excellent as there really is high flexibility in working from home and/or flexible work hours. As long as you get done what you need to management is good with. The DC area has abundant offices, so no matter where you live you can come into work in one of the nearest offices if needed from time to time. DC regional capital HQ is in the Heart of Clarendon right across from the Metro which is super convenient, there is never a dearth of good lunch places to visit

ConsDRC is beholden to the macro world of government contracting. Given the volatile political atmosphere in DC, if you are consulting, your projects could be at risk at any given time; however, this is not singular to DRC. Corporate offices are very quiet which can be offputting at times. The coffee is also not very good, at all.

Dynamic contracting company

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Arlington, VA (US)

ProsInteresting work, great people, diverse culture, and flexible schedule. The mandatory hours are 9-3 and you are responsible for making up the rest of an 8 hour day. Some people come in at 6:30 and others at 9. They also offer a ton of online course for certificates and will contribute to grad school / higher education.

ConsAt times you will be left on a project strictly for billing purposes even if there is no work to be done.

Advice to Senior ManagementUtilize your employees 40 hours!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good mid-sized corporation

Associate Consultant (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsPeople who work with people - meaning not just about business and making a buck. People care about you as a person and make an effort to take care of you the best they can despite the circumstances. Each person work as a consultant for a particular team so each team can take care of each other and a person does not get lost inside a big corporate world.

ConsCommunication is a bit challenging because the consulting teams have to interact with the customers and sometimes the customers are not quick to respond. No one wants to violate the contract (which is understandable) but getting information to flow quickly will not be easy.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to take care of people no matter how large the company gets. It goes a long way in retaining top talent.

Average federal consulting firm

Pros- General commitment to delivering quality service to the client
    - Some focus on maintaining integrity and ethics
    - Good work/life balance

Cons- Low growth and little risk taking with proposals
    - Little technical strategy to maintain relevance
    - Little opportunity to use or develop new skills because of the above cons
    - Sets the bar at a little less than average

Associate Consultant (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsManagement always looking out for employees.

ConsGovernment contracts change at the whim of the agency

Very boring Job lots of on line training

ProsCompressed work week every other Friday off

ConsCheck your brain at the door. Management is not interested in ideas to improve how they do things. Not enough work to be busy; great job for a very lazy person. Managers are young and inexperienced.

Advice to Senior ManagementReply to email!!! Employees need to feel they are valued. Stop the paranoia about your image and let employees connect with the customer to help create more business.

Communication with customers needs improvement

Acquisition Management Analyst (Former Employee) Hanscom AFB, MA (US)

ProsDecent employee benefits (health/dental, 401K), great charitable giving program, positive, realistic outlook on the Defense industry as a whole. Management and HR seemed friendly, accommodating, open to new ideas and willing to take on new talent.

ConsCommunication between them and the customer was non-existent. My manager was in a different building and not around when I needed him. The group I was supporting at the time was not giving me any work to do, despite my near-constant requests. I didn't find out until later that they weren't satisfied with my performance, and it was too late for anything to be done. My manager wasn't aware that there were problems, and neither was I. I didn't feel supported by DRC because of this.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake more of an effort to communicate with your customers on a regular basis regarding your employees' performance. Check in with your employees on a more regular basis, and listen to what they have to say.

Management does not care about employees

Government Contractor (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsNo Pros at all for any type of work

ConsManagement does not care about employees
    No career opportunites
    Company Audited
    Salary poor
    No company culture or values

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees
    offer better career growth opportunities
    Establish yourself as a trustworthy brand and place employees desire to work
    Give employees incentives

Stodgy, uninspiring, old-school Boston MA engineering/management consulting firm

Manager (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

Pros- Lots of jobs all over the U.S.
    - Pay pretty good, although my rate was inherited from the company I worked for before DRC bought it.

Cons- Didn't see much in the way of loyalty to employees. Be prepared to move on if your contract doesn't get renewed.
    - They buy young, deft companies to get their contracts then turn them into a mirror of themselves instead of taking advantage of the way those companies operate.

Advice to Senior Management- More outreach to employees. Get out and see your people!
    - Adopt some of the best practices of companies you buy. Remember some of the reasons you bought them.

Worked for Dynamics Research? Contribute to the Community!