DynCorp International

Updated 19 October, 2014
Updated 19 October, 2014
3.3

James Geisler

Pros
  • Good pay compared to some of the other companies (in 27 reviews)

• Hours of operations, Great people to work with, "By the book" maintenance (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, Logistics(parts/materials) Living Accomodations (in 13 reviews)

• Upper management does not communicate effectively so issues constantly arise (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Concerned About the Bottom Line

Former Employee - Force Generation & Integration Adviser to the Afghan National Police in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good salary, benefits, in processing, freedom to act without supervision.

Cons

Lack of communication about future contract status. Poor relationship with the military.

Involving the company with the supported organization is critical. The company allowed it relationship to lapse. A direct quote from a U.S. Army Colonel who was my supervisor and was pleased with my performance - "DynCorp is the Enemy".

Even Ethics does not do the right thing

Former Employee - Project Controls Specialist Senior in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Project Controls Specialist Senior in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

High salaries per experience and a ton of flex time during the week.

Cons

I had a manager who broke every rule on the social contract. I reported it to Ethics because it was getting out of hand. Ethics said, "yeah, there are some bad managers out there but just because he lies or treats you bad does not mean anything.. but I will talk to them about the internal training you aren't getting". I was given permission for training immediately afterwards and a couple weeks after that I was let go in a so called "lay-off"! I contacted Ethics regarding "retaliation" and they wouldn't respond for 6+ months. Later found out that my boss had lied again to Ethics in a cover-up so Ethics just left it at that. Would not look into the matter.
    Turnover is significant. More than any company I've ever seen. I had 7 different managers during my few years tenure. None of whom are with the company any more. Further, leadership portrays unethical standards in cost representation to the government.

The right thing doesn't come from you.

Employee Relations

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best reason to work here is that you are getting paid no matter what happens outside the wire. As long as you work your 84 hours, they will pay you for them.

Cons

The leadership is terrible, they are double minded, most do not know anything about the job they are performing. The company does not treat its employees well, there is no time off, no sick days, no holidays and they wonder why people are exhausted and complaining.

Treat the employees like adults and not someone you despise. Listen to our ideas on how to improve things and dont shut us out. Allow us to have some time off even if its not paid so that we can regenerate our minds and bodies

Management

Former Employee - Anonymous in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Serve and support our military and Department of State all over the world. Recognition to families that have lost ones that were DynCorp employees. Great people on the ground that work hard and love what they do. Hire a lot of former military.

Cons

At high levels of leadership, they don't follow their published values, it is mostly for show. Let go of good people and they retain the political ones and no employment security. Company is in turmoil due to poor leadership, a lot of been fired but seems as if some are still there.

Private equity company, retain those who produce and don't get fooled by political and suit characters who tend to be all air about themselves.

Not too shabby

Current Employee - Work Center Supervisor in Lexington Park, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Work Center Supervisor in Lexington Park, MD (US)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Pay and benefits for the most part.

Cons

Micro managed all the time.

Higher more management to oversee all of the employees.

The experience with DynCorp has been challenging.... Good, and bad, but overall a worthwhile experience.

Current Employee - Logistics Supervisor in Dabak, Kandahar Province (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are many opportunities for growth and advancement if you apply yourself. This was in a warzone and the people for the most part were like family.

Cons

The biggest CON is that most of the upper and senior management were not competent in their position. Their lack of skills and competency crippled the operation in many ways... Bad decision!!

Bridge the gap between working projects HQ, and corporate for a smoother and seamless operation.

An okay company

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent salary. Travel and training if it's within your job description.

Cons

Lack of communications between corporate and the 'folks in the field.' Educational benefits - yeah, if the class you're taking is looked upon as within your job scope, but highly subjective.

General Aircraft Technician

Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Many professionals involved in day-to-day operations. Excellent pay with great medical benefits.

Cons

Very few if any. Since DynCorp has a world-wide mission, many days and months away from family takes a small toll on family life.

None. DynCorp is a strong company with a long tract history of satisfying the customer.

Okay overall

Current Employee - Program Financial Analyst
    Current Employee - Program Financial Analyst

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-works, benefits good, work-life balance good, management good, flexible schedule, staff development is good, upward mobility ... Opportunities around the world...

Cons

Contract work, so possibility that my position could go away in a few years. No tuition reimbursement on my contract...employer match has been cut back to save money.

None

I had good experience and know how in working with Dyn Corp International

Former Employee - Supply Technician in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
    Former Employee - Supply Technician in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

I think I don't have problem in working with Dyn Corp Interational they teach me in dealing with co-employee civilan and military.

Cons

The challenge working with Dyn Corp International in arabic language I was forces to speak in arabic . The benefit they give me was so beneficial to my family and myself. They develop us employees to deal in good leadership in our work.

I have nothing to see with regrds to management of Dyn Corp International. They ar good company.

DynCorp International Photos