DynCorp International

Updated 29 October, 2014
Updated 29 October, 2014
3.3

James Geisler

Pros
  • Good pay compared to some of the other companies (in 28 reviews)

• Hours of operations, Great people to work with, "By the book" maintenance (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, Logistics(parts/materials) Living Accomodations (in 13 reviews)

• Upper management does not communicate effectively so issues constantly arise (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

DynCorp doesn't care

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are really in need of employment and can't find anything else then work here only to gain experience and then leave after a year. Otherwise, I don't recommend working here.

Cons

DI is top heavy and pay only its upper management personnel. They don't care about the support staff, often lose bids on proposal due to POOR PAST PERFORMANCE ratings, and has a bad reputation with the government. They are a sinking ship!

Clean house!! of your upper management who have fat paychecks, stop hiring your siblings, and other family members and promote HONESTLY within the minorities who are qualified. Stop promoting those caucasians who are NOT qualified. Stop lying to the government!!!

Challenging

Current Employee - Human Resources Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay compared to some of the other companies.

Cons

No mobility in HR. Very limited HR positions available.

Value the people you have.

Hires Military experienced first

Current Employee - QAQC Technician in Dabak, Kandahar Province (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - QAQC Technician in Dabak, Kandahar Province (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Anytime you're working in a war zone you become a family with those on the ground.

Cons

This company hired much less qualified personnel who once worked for me into the lead positions that I held with other companies doing identical work. Military experience takes heavy preference.

It is legal but hiring ANY group over qualifications, experience, past successes will weaken the company in the long run.

the company it self is a good company to work for ,the only problem is there is some problem with there leadershipe

Former Employee - Generator Techanician in Jalālābād, Nangarhar Province (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

work over there is kind of hard because you live your love once behind u ,there are things u cant do when u are over there,things like ,no drinking of alcohol parting.

Cons

leadership training ,communication ,skills

more leadership training within the offices

Not great for the Intelligence Community

Former Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Vienna, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Vienna, VA (US)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Pay, Decent benefits, 4% matching 401K

Cons

Profit comes before people. Great for stockholders, not great for employees.

Be straight with employees. Several upper-level management people left the company a few months before our contract rebid, we were told all of them left for "personal reasons". If logistics is your bread and butter, be straight and let the employees know that you do not plan to drop your profit margin to get the rebid.

Stressful

Former Employee - Senior Manager (HR) in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager (HR) in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay well. Good benefits.

Cons

Always on fear of job being eliminated due to forces beyond your control. (I.E. Sequestration)

N/A

Employee Relations

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best reason to work here is that you are getting paid no matter what happens outside the wire. As long as you work your 84 hours, they will pay you for them.

Cons

The leadership is terrible, they are double minded, most do not know anything about the job they are performing. The company does not treat its employees well, there is no time off, no sick days, no holidays and they wonder why people are exhausted and complaining.

Treat the employees like adults and not someone you despise. Listen to our ideas on how to improve things and dont shut us out. Allow us to have some time off even if its not paid so that we can regenerate our minds and bodies

Management

Former Employee - Anonymous in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Serve and support our military and Department of State all over the world. Recognition to families that have lost ones that were DynCorp employees. Great people on the ground that work hard and love what they do. Hire a lot of former military.

Cons

At high levels of leadership, they don't follow their published values, it is mostly for show. Let go of good people and they retain the political ones and no employment security. Company is in turmoil due to poor leadership, a lot of been fired but seems as if some are still there.

Private equity company, retain those who produce and don't get fooled by political and suit characters who tend to be all air about themselves.

Overseas Position

I worked at DynCorp International

Pros

It was a great opportunity to get my foot in the door for working abroad.

Cons

Definitely the "Good Ole Boys Club". Many of the higher ups didn't think you were able to do a job unless you were either a man or a retired LTC or higher in your branch of service. Due to this fact that if you didn't have military experience, you didn't understand how to properly manage a dept.

Quit trying to run your overseas projects like the military. Run it like a business.

General Aircraft Technician

Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Many professionals involved in day-to-day operations. Excellent pay with great medical benefits.

Cons

Very few if any. Since DynCorp has a world-wide mission, many days and months away from family takes a small toll on family life.

None. DynCorp is a strong company with a long tract history of satisfying the customer.

DynCorp International Photos