DynCorp International

DynCorp International Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

DynCorp International Chairman & CEO Steven F. Gaffney

Steven F. Gaffney

Pros:
  • "Good pay and union support, the people I worked with were top notch people"
    in 18 reviews
  • "Decent salaries and the working class employees are mostly good people who want to do good work"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Promoting employees to management with no management experience, overall arrogance of upper management"
    in 7 reviews
  • "being away from home living conditions can be harsh"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

I enjoy working here.

Cisco Voice Engineer (Current Employee)
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAfter April 2013 working in IT got 75% better. A lot of improvements have been made within the IT department as a whole and there are good IT managers willing to give you a chance to move up if you work hard. Training is okay. Most of the training I've gotten to advance my career has been done on my own initiative, at my own expense, and on my own time. There is a lot of opportunity to learn and get experience with a wide spectrum of technologies. Not a lot of perks company wise that I can think of.

ConsAs far as job security, it's only good when there's a major war going on.

I worked at DI as an Administrative Assistant. In my position, I supported many departments within the company.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

ProsAs an administrative assistant, I enjoyed the individual as well as the collaborative group training. The compensation was good. I feel if my contract would not have run out their was potential for me to grow.

ConsI really do not have anything to say negative about the leadership. I worked well with the staff. The only downside to my employment is my contract was cancelled.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to stay on track with your training programs with your employees as you provide services in support of aviation.

Facilities Manager - Overall building maintenance at Airport hub.

Facility Manager (Former Employee)
Shāh Valī, Kurdistan (Iran)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

ProsAll building maintenance. HVAC/Refrigeration.Electrical,plumbing,power generation,Fire Suppression systems.

ConsOngoing deadlines. Unskilled co-workers.Time off period.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire skilled co-workers

Stateside - great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at DynCorp International

ProsGreat opportunities to move up

ConsMilitary environment rather than corporate world

Advice to Senior Managementlean more towards corporate type environment than military war zone mindsets.

Sorry it is ending

ICL Supervisor (Current Employee)
Indianapolis, IN (US)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat support from management at all levels. Being able to just get away to Dubai for three days is a bonus.

ConsVery harsh environment, so if you have allergies to dust this is most definitely not the place for you. The summer will burn your biscuits as in HOT HOT HOT.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to be there for your subordinates especially during this period of the project.

Sometimes overwhelming - but it is what it is.

Transportation Manager (Current Employee)
`Alījān (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompensation is just about the only pro

ConsAway from home, in a war zone

Advice to Senior ManagementLet managers manage.

I worked for DI for over 13 years great company to work for.

Pilot Maintenance Test Pilot (Former Employee)
Baghdad (Iraq)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSalary, and benefits are probably the best in the industry
Flying is interesting and challenging

ConsRotations from the field to home are to long 90 days at a time.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhenever possible get a better rotation it should be cost effective.

I joined this company in Dec 2011 as Truck Driver and then promoted to Fuels Truck driver.

Truck Driver (Current Employee)
Shīndand (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsI have learnt alot and more new things that has boosted much in my exprience and in my career objective..

ConsChallenges are in plenty but i have tried to cope with the situation.It has been hot and cold,out family sight but all has been well to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am entitled to work at any enviroment and at very low minimum supervisor.

DynCorp = bully

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood pay and benefits. Met some great friends.

ConsEmployees with children and families are favored over single, childless employees as if single people have no life. Being single does not mean I want to stay late so a parent can go home on time to pick up and take care of a child. Never could make plans afterwork, no advanced notice of overtime hours. Normal hours were 8-5 but sometimes you were excepted to work odd shift hours such as midnight to 9am, 5am-5pm, etc.

Expected to not take your lunch hour.

Deadlines are unreasonable and last minute. Management not willing to stand up and demand deadlines that aren't so tight and last minute.

Gave awards for outstanding performances that came with a cash award. Unfortunately, one person won the award for "placing a decal on a plane." Often awarded those that were simply doing their job. Overlooked those that went over and above and did many jobs.

Military employees looked down on and treated non-military employees horribly.

Lots of sexism in the workplace.

Had to constantly take ethics training, including how retaliation was not allowed. It happened all of the time.

Bullying was a large part of how they got things done.

Never looked forward to going to work.

Must account for how you spent your time at work and on what project. You'd be screwed if you were actually efficient and got done early.

After expecting you to stay crazy hours they couldn't even provide decent coffee. At one time they offered individual coffee creamers in many flavors, provided plates and plastic cutlery. After one of the many CEO changes the plates, cutlery, creamers were gone. Creamer was replaced with generic powdered crap. Generic sweeteners. No more tea, hot cocoa, etc.

A wide range of Supply related duties.

Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee)
Doha (Qatar)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than 5 years

ProsCompetitive pay and benefits. Opportunities for various positions in different locations.

ConsManagement is distant and does not have a clear view of the real life work issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds two way equal communication and to repair the serious lack of resources.

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!

DynCorp International Videos

DynCorp International – Why Work for Us?

A GLOBAL SERVICES PROVIDER OFFERING UNIQUE, TAILORED SOLUTIONS FOR AN EVER-CHANGING WORLD DynCorp International is a leading global services provider offering unique, tailored solutions for an ever-changing world… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DynCorp International reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for DynCorp International CEO Steven F. Gaffney. All 251 reviews are posted anonymously by DynCorp International employees.