DynCorp International

DynCorp International Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

DynCorp International Chairman & CEO Steven F. Gaffney

Steven F. Gaffney

Pros:
  • "Good pay and union support, the people I worked with were top notch people"
    in 18 reviews
  • "Decent salaries and the working class employees are mostly good people who want to do good work"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Promoting employees to management with no management experience, overall arrogance of upper management"
    in 7 reviews
  • "being away from home living conditions can be harsh"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good learning experience and good money gained.

Senior Recruiter (Former Employee)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood money and experience gained.

ConsCut throat Management. Very cold on how they lay you off after giving 100% and considered a top recruiter in the company. Watch you back with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementYes, its about the money but....the way you treat your employees it should not be a sweat shop and the good old boy system you have in place. Should be a real Team environment not the authoritarian management style.

Not the best ran company from the operational point of view. Too many unqualified people in key positions at this place

Kandahar (Iran)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than a year

ProsThe money is decent compared to what you can make in the US right now.

ConsTime away from family can be an issue for some. 30 days paid vacation at reduced pay. R&R system

Advice to Senior ManagementThe good ole boy network is in full effect with LOGCAP IV. Exactly what actual experience or training is required to be a manager/supervisor. The inmates are running the asylum.

WRM CONTRACT

Maintenance (Current Employee)
Muscat (Oman)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

ProsStable enough work, non conflict zone

Cons1. Low salary compared to other Middle East contracts.
2. No advancement opportunities, stagnation.
3. Human Resources department failing to support disciplinary actions against local nationals, even with documented proof available.
4. Asian workforce has an inadequate pay scale for their skills compared to local nationals carrying out the very same work, who are automatically on a higher salary. Very unfair and this also points back to point 3, where local nationals are unreliable compared to the Asian workforce.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your Asian workforce and give them better wages.
Give them some parity with local national's wages, as the Asian workforce is the back bone of the contract.

The oldest startup

Manager (Current Employee)
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood Salary, some very good qualified people, not much else good to say about Dyncorp

ConsDisorganized, no direction, lack of planning, management does not listen to employees, to much turnover from layoffs and voluntary, long hours expected by all.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, find other ways than layoffs to keep the bottom line looking good. You know the government is going to be cyclical, but you consistently hit the hard working people with layoffs instead of finding another way. Live the Code of Conduct instead of just spouting it.

Microcosm of a world of cultural contribution and service.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsIt has been my experience that there were a lot of good people working together that didn't mind getting their hands dirty for the good of the team, it was different at every FOB but there were enough positive people at each, to make a difference.

ConsSadly, as the case with other large employers, top management is mostly unaware of the issues that first line supervisors report to their managers, or so it appears because when you request a particular enabler, it is because its value or use in the field has been recognized as a force multiplier at a cost that is minimal compared to it overall value.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be to the advantage of any organization to seek out the information that only those that are in contact with specific issues are aware of. It's sort of like a minor leak in your tires but instead of dealing with it in the present, it's put off until it becomes an issue that cannot be ignored. Usually, at the time that it's condition becomes a priority, something else has become just as important but now you have to split your resources to remedy both with little to no margin left to handle the daily requirements.

pretty decent

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for less than a year

Prosgood money, decent work conditions.

Conseasy to get fired at times

Advice to Senior Managementdoing ok

Mr Charlie Resume

Property (Former Employee)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than a year

ProsThe pay was good and very nice people to work with.

Consworking in a war zone

Staffing review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time

ProsEnjoyed most of my co-workers. Other departments did not seem to have the issues staffing did.

ConsSr. Management needs better communication with employees

Good place to work

Security Coordinator (Current Employee)
Dabak, Kandahar Province (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsExcellent Salary overseas (Afghanistan), great 401K and Medical for the entire family.

ConsLike all big companies some politics, but nothing out of the ordinary.

overall the company is great . It has been a challenge but only by the management that were in place in the Log Cap IV p

Movement Control Foreman (Former Employee)
Al ‘Uqaylah (Kuwait)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe practice of doing the right thing.

ConsThe only issue validate is management

Advice to Senior ManagementTo have more classes better and selections with recruiting management.

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!

DynCorp International Videos

DynCorp International – Why Work for Us?

A GLOBAL SERVICES PROVIDER OFFERING UNIQUE, TAILORED SOLUTIONS FOR AN EVER-CHANGING WORLD DynCorp International is a leading global services provider offering unique, tailored solutions for an ever-changing world… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DynCorp International reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for DynCorp International CEO Steven F. Gaffney. All 251 reviews are posted anonymously by DynCorp International employees.