Dun & Bradstreet Reviews

275 reviews filtered by
3.3
Dun & Bradstreet President & CEO Robert Carrigan
Robert Carrigan

Pros
  • The culture is positive and the company values employees work life balance (in 24 reviews)

• D&B had one of best work life balances which I have experienced in my career :) (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Because D&B is a huge company, implementing ideas or change can be difficult (in 26 reviews)

• Senior management too focused on reaching their numbers (in 15 reviews)

1. Best leaders, management and team collaboration in my 25 years

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet (more than a year)

Pros

Consistently working towards building a better company for its customers, employees and really cares about the world

Cons

Direction changes so quickly that technology could not keep up - the industry wants 100% viability - which data is impossible

Advice to Management

Engage all internal resources, youd be surprised by the talent - Women are important too

Great business experience. Needs better pay.

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It was a great place to get business experience. Advancement opportunities are there for those willing to achieve the benchmarks that are required.

Cons

Despite it being a stimulating place to learn about business the office I worked in was contaminated by nepotism. Salary was low. It paid the bills.

Advice to Management

Raise your salary ranges and compensate adequately. Be more open to ideas from front-line managers who supervise those who labor daily to collect your precious data.

3. It Put Food on the Table, But ...

Current Employee - Credit Analyst
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

It put food on the table and it paid off some of the student loans, but that was about it. Oh, and free parking.

Cons

Ridiculous achievement quotas imposed on junior staff, which led to all kinds of fudging in order to meet benchmarks. Silly.

Advice to Management

Treat people like colleagues, not like convicts, and they may surprise you with how enthusiastic they become about their jobs.

5. Dun & Bradstreet has a long history but is forward thinking and is a great place to work

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The company is 173 years old but has a very modern approach to doing business. The company works hard every day to adhere to the times. It is made up of wonderful team members and team leaders who work together and help one another. Everyone really works together toward the same goals. It continues to expand and offer new solutions to customers.

Cons

There are still a few team leaders who are a bit "unapproachable" in their way of dealing with other team members. It would be great for them to work with the company's new approach.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster a more open atmosphere with team members, making everyone feel like a true contributor. In addition, continue with great programs such as giving back to the community and to non-profits.

6. data inspired, relentlessly curious, inherently generous - a company living up to core values

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

In my 4 years at Dun and Bradstreet, the company has transformed. An experience that started for me as pushing boulders uphill at an old company has transformed into a modern culture that challenges my own perception of what is possible. Opportunities for internal promotion, and investment that has brought new perspective from the outside. Embraces modern technology. A culture that enables collaboration as opposed to political competition. An opportunity to work at a company that influences business relationships, and even the global economy. It's difficult to find this, and I am grateful that I accepted the challenge.

Cons

This depends on your perspective. Change can be a challenge, and while my first couple of years felts like we were taking steps backwards, we are now taking leaps forward.
    -Ambiguity in the trenches at times
    -Large scale change
    -You must be wiling to accept the challenge
    -Depending on your leader, you must be willing to stand up and make your way
    -Approach to comp is good, but not excellent
    -Some parts of the org have new leaders still making their own way
    -Other parts of the org have old leaders striving to hang on

Advice to Management

To the executives and even the board. Stay the course. What started in 2014 is absolutely transforming the company. I have experienced change and new leadership at other highly respected companies (Fortune 500). NEVER, have I seen so much dedication and excitement from the organization. I am eager to see the HBR articles and books written about this time.

7. Excited for the recent re-branding, however, data assets need to evolve with the times.

Current Employee - Relationship Manager
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The work/life balance is great and the new CEO and executives are driving many positive changes to the company. The brand is the crown jewel of the company and the re-branding will help increase awareness and understanding of what the company does. The company has finally built a long term strategy around partnerships which is refreshing to see. The company is making headway In terms of strategic direction of the "products" in focusing more on predictive analytics.

Cons

The challenges include receiving targets and commission plans well into the first quarter every year so it is extremely difficult to understand goals/objectives out of the gate on a new year. The health benefits keep getting worse each year (although that is a common theme across all companies) and the salaries are not always consistent across the company. The salaries don't always reflect the contributions of the individual or position within the company and need to be addressed. The data assets need to improve and management needs to stop thinking that the core assets are always the best in class.

Advice to Management

Love the changes in culture as well as strategic focus of the company. However, don't forget that the core data sources need to be updated and improved as well. Upper management preaches "outside-in" and the data organization really needs to take this to heart.

8. Very Solid Company

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

New senior management a great plus.

Cons

Like any larger company sometimes all voices are not heard.

Advice to Management

Listen to the troops

It has been a wild ride.

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Growth and innovation are the watchwords. New CEO has brought new leadership, added roles that had formerly been missing (Global leaders of HR and Marketing), defined key strategic initiatives (hills), and continues to reaffirm that we're all in this together and everyone's contribution is both encouraged and required. Those who engage and communicate thoughtfully have ample opportunities for contribution and growth. Those who fail to step up are easily identified and do not last long.

Cons

The company seems like it's been in a 1980s/90s outsourcing and financial engineering death spiral since the 1980s or 1990s. There is a fair amount of hangover from that time, but the new leadership and strategy are redefining the culture and not looking back.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and keep moving. I and many others are engaged and pulling with and for you. We appreciate your support and contribution. This is working. I've been in a few acquisitions and turnarounds, and this is the most exciting place and time I've ever worked.

10. Fair and honest workplace

Former Employee - Junior Analyst in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Junior Analyst in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

Merit based advancement is there; competitive work environment

Cons

no cons at this time

Positive experience, need to be careful of competitors

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

The people are smart and nice and always helpful. The atmosphere has changed for the better in the last year or so under the new CEO

Cons

Seems like every 18 months there is a new direction that the company wants to go in. This makes tan employee a little hesitant to take chances.

Advice to Management

Need to stick to one vision and go with it. Although the market place is changing, D&B needs to act like the premium player in the market and not like it is a monopoly because the competition will undercut D&B and take away market share