DuPont

DuPont Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

DuPont Chairman & CEO Ellen J. Kullman

Ellen J. Kullman

Pros
  • Good work-life balance when there is no high priority activity going on (in 51 reviews)

• Great core values and respect for people (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • DuPont emphasizes respect for people at a high level but in reality the follow through is just not there (in 9 reviews)

• Below average rate of project progression due to deliberate, data driven, decision making (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat balance between personal and professional life. The salaries were good compared to competitors. Good training program for employees. Nice and friendly environment. Good values

ConsI have worked in Venezuela for the Performance Coatings division before it was sold to Axalta and from my experience I found hard to build up a career. The structure of the organization was very flat and change was hard to achieve. The future of the companies business is not clear yet

Very friendly people, but hardly a competent company

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON

Pros- Great Atmosphere
    - Very friendly people
     - Fantastic benefits package
    - Large company, and tons of opportunity to move laterally across differrent businesses.

Cons- A culture of incompetency that is begining to change
    - Employees have been there too long and need to focus more on business profit vs. how hard you have to work

Advice to Senior Management- Focus more on profit
    - Ensure employees are working hard enough. Too many tenured employees taking advantage and working way less than they should be

Great employer!

Production Operator (Current Employee) Port Maitland, ON

ProsThey have always given the opportunity to better yourself within the company. I have been lucky enough in my 15 year career to work in 4 of the 7 'plants' on site and gained a lot of experience that working for another company would not have allowed. Safety is truly a core value, and what they teach you at work applies to your home life in a lot of circumstances.

ConsDue to the economy and changes within the company, job stability is very unstable.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of micromanaging the people who are good at their jobs and actually care about the business, deal with the people who are incompetent and unwilling to learn. People were hired to be operators and self managed...not babysitters and ran into the ground doing other peoples work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, great values

Financial Analysis Intern (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE (US)

ProsThe people at DuPont really practice what they preach when it comes to the core values which is great to see in such a large, and established corporation. The work was slow at times, but everyone was so helpful and willing to talk with me so I could get a more broad sense of the company and different functions.

ConsWork was slow and boring.

Great Employer

Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

ProsFriendly, open work environment. Co-workers and supervisors were great.

ConsIf there can be more interesting stuff.

GREAT company culture

Manufacturing Technology Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsOne of the main focuses are not only making a profit and meeting goals, but respecting each other and creating a positive work environment. Interns get very competitive pay. Engineers seem to have a great work-life balance here, no crazy hours.

ConsInterns do not get involved in meatier projects, which is unfortunate. Possibly because of security of information, or believing that interns cannot handle more? I don't know.

Advice to Senior ManagementInterns are only a few classes shy of being qualified engineers, please don't be afraid to give them some responsibility.

DuPont is a massive, complex international company with a rich history of product innovation and safety performance.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE (US)

ProsGood compensation and benefits. Many opportunities for growth because of the variety of businesses. Lots of variety in the company portfolio.

ConsOur part of DuPont's businesses is being 'spun off' and we are hemorrhaging talent and experience. Lack of communication does not help in high-stress scenarios, and we are in a holding pattern.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunities for work at home or telecommuting to save money, instead of farming out American jobs to other countries.

Very different from before

ProsBig organization, good package and benefits.

ConsOn going organization regineering, weak career development.

Advice to Senior Managementcarrying out core values is more important than conducting training only.

Conservative is code word for churn

Business Consultant (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE (US)

ProsStrong company culture centered on core values, with emphasis on ethics and safety. The team members who I work with are passionate, logical, and helpful.

ConsComparatively decent work-life balance and medical benefits. Leadership seems to be driven by wall street expectations than blazing a new trail to define their own destiny.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees could use more help with drawing up the right scope of decision and power that optimizes decision making without the need for meetings after meetings to prepare the discussion with senior leaders who in the end would like to hand-off the decision.

Integrated Ops

Business Process Specialist (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE (US)

Prospay, 401k match, work from home,

Consslow, slow, slow. great people but extremely slow to move forward with anything.

Worked for DuPont? Contribute to the Community!