Dr Pepper Snapple Group

www.drpeppersnapplegroup.com

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Dr Pepper Snapple Group – Albuquerque – “Dr Pepper Snapple Group--Seven Up of Albuquerque”

Dr Pepper Snapple Group President and CEO Larry D. Young

Larry D. Young

Pros
  • Benefits are good they start from day 1 (in 9 reviews)

• Great benefits package if you choose to enroll, available on day 1 (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is the exact inverse of what you would like to see in a company (in 10 reviews)

• Trouble with supervisors and upper management (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Great seasonal work

Merchandiser (Current Employee) Spokane, WA (US)

ProsLots of overtime to make a lot of extra money above the regular 40 hours a week. Use of a company vehicle for transportation during work hours.

ConsLots of things to do in a short amount of time. A lot is expected of you but you just have to work hard and get things done.

Worst company I have worked for

Merchandiser (Former Employee) Irving, TX (US)

ProsI don't think there is one

ConsUgly working environment, manager thinks he owns you, the pay sucks $105 no overtime and they will overload you (10 to 12 hours a day) you end making like $9 per hour, you need your own transportation (lots of miles on your vehicle), heavy job little pay, people who work at the stores you merchandise will talk to you as if you were nothing. In other words, I would not recommend this company unless you are used to work a lot and make little money.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management is to tell new hires about how overtime really works. Also, I would recommend to raise the pay because I don't think a person could survive and provide for his family with that kind of pay

Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Finance Manager (Former Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsBenefits are good.
    Solid 401K.
    Pay is on par with most companies.
    Plenty of opportunity since at the corporate headquarters.

ConsVery little movement.
    Zero cross training so you can be stuck in a position.
    Declining growth associated with soda industry.
    Not an innovative company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great company, great brands, but little pay for every position within the organization

Account Manager (Current Employee) Northlake, IL (US)

Prosi have been working for this company for the past 4 years, and i have been promoted almost every year, but it doesn't show on the salary pay.

Consalot of driving with in your territory. if your planning to be in sales with this company, do not buy an expensive car!you will put more than the average 12-15k/miles a year on your car. they do not cover for gas nor wear and tear. Reimbursement for mileage is below government standards, the rest you have to claim in your taxes at the end of the year

Advice to Senior Managementget managers who care about you and your well being and not just worrying about beating Coke and Pepsi in every store or how many cases pushed out from the warehouse.

This is a great company to work for.

Account Sales Manager (Current Employee) Sarasota, FL (US)

ProsA great company to work for.

ConsA very pgreat company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing a great job.

Great place to work

Human Resources Director (Former Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsGreat company with well-known brands providing terrific opportunities. The company generates tons of cash.

ConsThe industry is facing headwinds relating to healthy choices for consumers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMix up the senior leaders/job swaps.

Long Hours are Rewarded

Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsDPSG has a culture where moving up is possible assuming you are willing to put in long hours.

ConsLong hours (Over 60-70 hours per week on average)
    Upper management stuck in the past
    Industry is declining
    High turnover

Account Manager

Account Manager (Current Employee) Harvey, IL (US)

ProsGreat people to work with. Fun environment and great recognition for top performers as well. There was also fun incentives that motivated people to perform.

ConsPoor Mid-level managers. They lack leadership skills. It seemed like the friends of the boss or those who had been there the longest got the promotion. That does not always mean they are best for the position.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to those who go and get degrees and want to progress within the company before they leave, like I did.

Went downhill after Cadbury spinoff

Human Resources (Former Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsMany career opportunities, training is readily available, especially online, there are some really good managers who care about their employees and try to create career paths.

ConsPoor pay, unprofessional management team. All the high-end employees from the days of Cadbury have been laid off and replaced with people from the bottler side of the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement an employee survey and look at the results to affect real change in the company

High Stress Environment

Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) Plano, TX (US)

Prosgood pay and opportunity to advnace

Conshorrible work life balance and hours

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to employees

Worked for Dr Pepper Snapple Group? Contribute to the Community!