Dr Pepper Snapple Group Reviews

Updated 18 March, 2015
230 reviews filtered by

1. Overworked and Underpaid

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits start once you're hired.

Cons

12-14hr days and getting paid a "variable rate" for OT. Sometimes called "Chinese OT". I worked 32 hrs of OT and was paid $5.32 per hr for it. High turnover in USD Delivery dept.

Better communication and better pay is definitely needed.

2. Great benefits good supervisors

Current Employee - UDs Driver in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - UDs Driver in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay for sideload in Denver, benefits are top notch. Equipment is good.

Cons

Currently restructuring tying to become efferecent and leaving some drivers to face forced changes and pay cuts, large company without concern or care for employees even though local managment does care they have to follow directive.

Think out your changes and how it will effect workers before making them, what works in Texas dosent work everywhere!

one year in and starting to see the flaws

Current Employee - Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

first off there are def a lot of pros for DPSG. paid weekly, decent work schedule, decent pay, and if youre smart enough fly off the radar and enjoy being home more than you work. thats where the pros end

Cons

use your own vehicle for work, if youre not a morning person dont even bother. 6am start time. if you have a large route and a lot of deliviries to put away youre looking at easy 12hr days with NO help. just you and only you. I had about 7-10 stops daily and managed to never work overtime because I knew my route and stores like the back of my hand. other soda companies like coke have less stores, MORE pay, but more product to stock..HOWEVER they get help. explain that to me. If you get a jerk for a salesman like I did be prepared to hate life on load days, and pretty much any day they work. Surprisngly youll look forward to working the weekends just so you dont have to hear from the salesmen. the salesmen can ruin your life. I was just kicked off my route, not because I messed up (stores had no issues with me, great relationship with all the receivers) I was kicked off becuase the salesmen was a cry baby about anything and everything, so my boss had enough and took me off the route EVEN THOUGH all the stores and receivers couldnt stand the salesman. explain that? so not a lot of support from upper management.

hire more merchs or increase pay. I cant understand how you expect your merchandisers to do a 100% merch at stores when they have 7-10 stops. I dont get it. I had days where I had 3 loads at my normal stores, 2-3 extra loads at drug store chains plus 3-4 regular merch stops. If I ran the company Id do like pepsi and let the merchandisers write the orders, so they could order what the store NEEDED, and not what the salesman NEEDED to make his check bigger. so if you insist on keeping the "salesmen" let them go merch and write orders for the walgreens and CVS type stores as well as gas stations and what not. Let the real men (merchandisers) handle the rest. If you want to stop the high turnover of losing your good merchs to coke and pepsi where they make more money, less stops and in pepsi's case cut out the salesmen headaches, make some changes.

Its cool, but it takes a toll on you

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Norcross, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Norcross, GA (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

Work independently, not as much work as coke or pepsi, weekly pay

Cons

hard work, lots of stores for one merchandiser, long hours

Hire more merchandisers or pay more

6. Decent

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time

Pros

Decent work life balance depending on the group you worked in

Cons

Culture could be better in all areas...this could be a great place to work

You have such a great brand and image to the outside public...use that to promote the same culture inside the company

So Far, So Good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Autonomous working environment - If you are the kind of individual that thrives without direction and can create your own systems and tools, this is the place to be. Creativity is allowed across the scope of the job, and the team is very supportive of new ideas and innovations that are brought over from other companies.

Self Directed Career Profiling - You have the ability to create your own career path. While it won't be defined for you, developing skills outside of your core job will enable you to seek promotional opportunities outside of a traditional path.

There seems to be enough support to get your job done, but not too much to create office drama.

Cons

Innovation is sometimes strangled or thwarted due to old-school methods for getting work done.

Encourage innovation by removing barriers and rewarding ideas.

8. Overworked. Underpaid.

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

No direct boss over your shoulder

Cons

Low pay. Bad benefits.

Unionize

9. A job for those who are okay with just doing a job.

Current Employee - Cage Cashier in Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Cage Cashier in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Perfect job for those who want a solitary, silent environment. Great opportunity to make 40 friends that you see daily. (drivers) Ability to run your own show. Do what you want when you want to as long as everything gets done.

Cons

If you are younger than 40 you will be the youngest person working here. Drivers can be a bit fussy and frustrating. Management is ever changing. You will do the same thing everyday....no matter what it never changes. No real activity except pacing a small locked room. No job advancement as this job is a bit of a dead end.

Management needs to act like management. Fellow employees need to be reminded to get off their high horses at times.

10. Was a great company; not so sure now

Former Employee - Human Resources in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

Has a solid HR team and managers who cared about their employees. Pay was very good, politics at a minimum. If you are multi-skilled, lots of opportunity to move around and create your own career path.

Cons

Most training is online, so there are few opportunities to bring together people from multiple disciplines. This keeps the organization siloed. Not a good way to create innovation, which is sorely lacking.

Listen to your people; manage from the heart, not just from the head (LSS)

Women need not apply

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Camarillo, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Camarillo, CA (US)

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

The personnel from the Headquarters were always very helpful, and responsive to the needs of their employees. The salaries are in line with the trends for the industry. After eleven years, I can say that I was given freedom to handle problems occurring at my particular facility on my own. I was crazy about my job. Excellent Benefits. Infrastructure, which was lacking, has been improving dramatically each year.

Cons

Although the corporate offices have clearly made an effort to include women at every level, at the distribution level the company remains anti-female At this level, as a Sales Manager I was the first and as a Branch Manager, I was the one female out of 200 locations. This may have changed in the last two years.
    In 2005 I was told by a District Sales Manager that he would never ever hire a female. " Too many problems."
    Now most men are intelligent enough to keep that thought to themselves, but that feeling remains hidden under the surface.

I was able to climb the ladder to success rapidly with good old fashioned hard work and a manager who saw only numbers.The shift happened when he was sent to work in finance. He was clearly looking at my results rather than my sex as I climbed the ladder from Relief Sales to Route Sales, To District Sales Manager to Branch Manager. He was replaced by a manager who wanted a rough and tumble all male football team. I could sense my demise on conference calls and also in the way he looked at me with disgust. I was on his team and he didn't like it. I sensed an immediate, "How'd you get here?" Attitude. As with racial injustice, no words need be spoken to feel the, "You don't belong here," eyes.

Dr. Pepper Snapple is like an engine running at half capacity without the female perspective. I showed great results, no one could deny that. Sometimes the softer side of a female, e g (I often brought homemade cookies in for sales meetings and operations crew), can produce better results and happier employees. I Received pats on the backs from my colleagues as I showed positive growth despite the trends.

The bias is so ingrained that being a female at my level was like knocking on an iron ceiling. Dr Pepper Snapple is an old school, good old boy environment, unlikely to change unless forced to.

Our team building include, race car driving, paint ball and hunting. What does this say about the company? Perhaps it's time to get off your horse, put away your gun and join this century.

Without this 50 percent of the population included in your diversity efforts, Dr. Pepper will never survive this new world where the women who do the shopping also want to be included in the boardroom.

Make a conscious effort to hire women at the distribution facilities. It will take time for acceptance as this fundamental bigotry will not cease quickly. The potential results will also take time as men have a 90 year head start.
    Women will bring passion, open communication, clear direction, often offering unassuming direction to their subordinates along with a breath of fresh air to the customers.
    Without this forced inclusion, Dr Pepper Snapple will not remain competitive. This change will need to be to forced on the Regional VP's and Branch Managers or it will be ignored. I can promise you this.
    If all Regional VP's or Branch Managers were placed in a room and asked to answer honestly, "Should women be included in sales and distribution?" Along with a promise of no harm to their careers despite their answers, you would find that no women would ever be permitted in this Business.
    Gather results from companies that have set up long-term unyielding policies which includes women at all levels and note the resulting growth in sales. Perhaps these facts will help Dr Pepper Snapple to promote this 21st century idea on a 20th century mentality.
    Career opportunities for men are unlimited,. Hard work and results will get a man to the top. For women I would have selected one star or less. Take a look at your sales staff at the branches and lets see that less than 1% move to 50%.

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Photos