Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Dollar Tree President, CEO, and Director Bob Sasser

Bob Sasser

Pros
  • Easy to work with other employees because there arent that many but enough that you can request off if need be(in 10 reviews)

• As a part time employee there is a great deal of flexibility for scheduling(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Also the pay isnt that great, depending on what minimum wage is in your state(in 41 reviews)

• I feel as though the company or just the local upper management (unsure which it is really(in 33 reviews)

Excellent work environment!

Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) Moose Jaw, SK

ProsNice time members, very organized shores, very good training, management is supportive, easy job tasks.

ConsPart-time positions get few hours and it´s not easy to get full time position. Pay is not too much. High turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should pay more to keep your employees.

Good job for full time student.

Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC

ProsNice co-workers and supervisors. Flexible hours for a busy student. Been working here for over a year and this is a good pocket money job.

ConsMy supervisors work very hard, but should be paid more/ receive more recognition from management. No benefits(even though they said they had some), sometimes paid incorrectly(did not get paid extra for holiday work), no raises(no matter how long you work there for).

Advice to Senior ManagementShould give good supervisors promotions and chances to move up the ladder. Have more realistic daily task goals for each store/employee. Too much work to do and so little time!

I enjoy working with my crew and the customers are mostly pleasant.

Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) Sarasota, FL (US)

ProsWe have the most organized and clean store in the area. The managers are always helpful and great about explaining processes.

ConsThe customers that simply do not believe everything is $1 (or less).

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Manager

ProsExcellent work environment. Great benefits after 6 months of employment,.

ConsWork-life balance, schedueling , at night work.

store managers can treat employees bad and get away with it. They make the sales that is all the upper management see!

Dollar Tree Cashier (Current Employee) Universal City, TX (US)

Prosit is a very fun job with the chance to grow, friendly customers its like a new family for the most part

Consif you get a bad manager you speak up and then you pay the price upper management dont want to hear anything all they see is $$$$ so follow the chane of command and be HEARD!!

Advice to Senior ManagementTREAT PEOPLE THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED WE ARE ALL HUMANS

nNce job to work at

ProsSome associates get more hours than others.
    Easy work to do.
    No pressure on the job.

ConsHave to be FRIENDS or FAVORITE with the manager to advance and get promoted within the store right away. Even with no prior experience about the job. To me the manager's being unprofessional when they have their favorites.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should check into the managers who have their favorites and take notice what is going on.

Great company that's growing.

ProsGrowing company with lots of opportunity.

ConsIt's retail, turn over can be high.

standard

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosalways something to keep you busy

Consthe pay could be better for the amount of work you need to put in

Advice to Senior Managementallocate hours better

Overall, my time at dollar tree was pleasant.

Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) Tallahassee, FL (US)

ProsAllows you to move up in the company

ConsNot enough hours offered for employees

Long road

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThere is room for advancing in the company. get the chance to work with a lot of different people.

ConsBroken promises! Its all about who you know not how hard you work or how good you are at your job. Unfortunately the company underpays the part time assistant managers and treats them like glorified key holders but expects them to do everything a full time assistant does.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't feed the employees Broken promises just to make them happy in that moment.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!