Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX US

Updated Jun 25, 2014

Dollar Tree President, CEO, and Director Bob Sasser

Bob Sasser

Pros
  • Easy to work with other employees because there arent that many but enough that you can request off if need be(in 12 reviews)

• As a part time employee there is a great deal of flexibility for scheduling(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Also the pay isnt that great, depending on what minimum wage is in your state(in 41 reviews)

• I feel as though the company or just the local upper management (unsure which it is really(in 35 reviews)

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

My co-workers and manager are friendly, and easy to work with.

Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) Farmers Branch, TX (US)

ProsManagement is flexible with scheduling. I'm currently looking for full-time employment, and with my schedule the way it is now, it allows time to schedule interviews and other appointments.

ConsSometimes it can become overwhelming when you're to stock shelves, but are so busy working with customers. I feel like I get nothing done at times. I guess the end result is the customer, which is most important.

my experience at dollar tree

Dollar Tree Cashier (Current Employee) Terrell, TX (US)

ProsGood work to and have good employees too

Conshours are not good pay is very low as well

Advice to Senior Managementimproved hours for part time help

Slave Drivers

Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) Irving, TX (US)

ProsIf you are lucky you get to work with a few good people.

ConsLow pay. Part-time but work full time hours. No benefits. Awful store management. Managers have their "favorites" whom hardly do any work but get the most hours. Not enough employees to cover all shifts. High turn over.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some managers who don't play favorites.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work for

Cashier (Current Employee) Cedar Hill, TX (US)

ProsGood company, and management and associates

ConsPay could be higher than it is

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise your salaries...even slightly would be a great help in this economy!

a complete Nightmare

Store Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

Prosthe only thing I would say is the customer base. You will have them for life

ConsNothing at all, more workload with a company that runs a 4-5% labor

rememeber..... this company pays 11% below the national average

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourself and hire someone with a brain. Ten years in retail management and this is by far the worst experience Ive ever had. Very unprofessional regional staff which is always negative

Summer Job

Store Associate (Former Employee) Allen, TX (US)

ProsThere are two Dollar Trees in my city, and I was working at the nicer one. We kept our location much nicer than the other one, and I could tell this because people were often surprised when they walked in. They also complimented us. I've heard a lot of bad reviews about Dollar Tree employees having to work through breaks without pay, but I never experienced that while I was there.

ConsThe downside of my experience there was a schedule that changed weekly. It would have been nice to have a consistent schedule. Another downside is they only pay minimum wage, but from my experience it's an alright starter job.

Advice to Senior ManagementEither schedule more employees or expect employees to do less on their shifts; it can get very busy and messy in the store. Sometimes it's impossible for the number of employees that are there to get everything done that needs to be done.

it was ok place to work

Sales Assciote (Former Employee) McKinney, TX (US)

Prosnice people, clean store , ok

Consat the store at worked at the didnt work with me on the hours i could work because i didnt have a baby sitter at certain times

The experience has not been very good.

Cashier (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsEasy job, less work load and flexible schedule are the only reasons to work at Dollar Tree

ConsSubstandard pay, inferior benefits and not a whole lot of room for personal growth and development.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare for your employees and stop treating them unfairly.

A filler job, something to pass the time but not make a living with

Cashier (Current Employee) Denton, TX (US)

ProsFriendly co-workers
    Easy work to do
    No price check (it's all a dollar!)
    Friendly Management
    Overall good work environment
    Usually friendly customers
    The regulars (There are some folks you see every other day consistently)

ConsThe pay rate,
    you are paid ten cents over min wage at $7.35
    The hours,
    you are scheduled by how much revenue the store
    brings in each week, and it's a dollar store so I
    work between 10 and 20 hours a week.
    You don't earn alot of money, but its okay for someone
    who doesn't have student loans to pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementI really like all of my managers at dollar tree, there is only one manager at the store where I work that I would call lazy, but we can't have everything. They are all really easy to work with and talk to, I think my only advice would be to allow more hours because even on busy days calling in more workers in looked down on by the upper upper management (because they lose some of their bonus money when associates work more).

Fast paced and ever changing environment with average compensation for work expectations.

Store Manager (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

ProsAs a manager, you have the ability through agressive ordering and creative merchandising to have a strong impact on sales.

ConsThe labor budget constraints don't allow for sufficient coverage of store. The customers shop the store with no regard for its cleanliness, opening and breaking many products and allowing children to run around unsupervised.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep new location size down, to help keep store shelves full and store clean and recovered.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!