Dole Food

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dole Food President, CEO, and Director David A. DeLorenzo

David A. DeLorenzo

Been here 23 years along with most of my co-workers. Challenging work. Lean organization. Great culture.

ProsCulture, "get it done attitude". It is not Chiquita.

ConsGrowth opportunities, business model needs to change.

Packeging department

Harvester (Current Employee) Polomolok (Philippines)

Prosits sO nice to be the one of the famous company in the phillipines.

Consfresh pineapple fruits are imported to the other nation.

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue ur good and best investment in the country...

a good learning atmosphere!!!!!

Marine Engineer (Current Employee)

Prosgetting everything as a marine engineer lyk good money, food , friends from different countries ect..... nd i my future is secured!!!!

Consnot happy with its management at all!!!!!!

Advice to Senior Managementplease behave properly with ur juniors!!!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsA lot of "wordly" exposure

ConsCorporate environment with long waits before career advancement

Must be willing to drink the Kool Aid

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Monterey, CA (US)

ProsCorporate culture of honesty and even handedness that I support. Healthy products I can believe in. Senior management at DFV has made good on its promises and has a clear direction. The employees are dedicated and contientious.

ConsRecent culture of overworking many employees to bring down costs. Long term burnout and poor decision making are starting to show. Middle managment in my dept. seems unfocused and incapable of making and sticking to a decision.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart to consider the long term effects the current cost cutting has on employee ability to make good decisions and on burnout. Focus on training and retaining employees and bringing up their skills rather than outsourcing or 'hiring' competence.

It is a great place to gain experience.

ProsWork life balance.
    Great co-wokers.
    Team work mentality.

ConsLow paying jobs.
    Limited opportunity to move up.

I worked in IT, and was given plenty of opportunities and independence to learn and grow.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are very professional, motivated, and well managed. It seemed that the executive and management team had the experience and charisma to properly lead by example.

ConsThe department I worked in was very lean and short staffed, so I was not allowed to take any time off the first year. That fact, along with the long hours and periodic micro management, did not instill confidence that my superiors would reward my hard work.

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving a better work life balance will increase employees' work productivity, and their retention rate. Overall, giving a little more freedom will empower people to work more efficiently.

Overworked-underpaid

Research Coordinator (Current Employee) Davao (Philippines)

ProsGood Training, with a lot of exposure to all aspects of operations, international experience, good benefits package

Conslow pay, overworked, no clear career plan, no succession planning

Advice to Senior Managementrethink employee compensation package, a lot of brain-drain is already happening

Poor Management of a Great Brand Name

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA (US)

Pros- Location - you can't go wrong being in the Santa Monica Mountains and 10 miles north of Malibu.
    - Work Life balance is nice because I live close to work, not the same story for my coworkers.
    - Nice building to work in.

Cons- Company expects brand name to carry it to success.
    - Management doesn't financially support the growth of the brand.
    - Most employees work here because it is in the location they want to live.
    - Very inefficient.
    - Reactionary vs. visionary company.
    - Focused on stuffing ourselves into a niche that hinders financial growth.
    - No leadership development resulting in some key leadership positions being filled with incompetent leaders
    - No true accountability or execution.
    - Uninspiring
    - California is beautiful but expensive, especially when we haven’t received a bonus for the past number of years in order to pay down company debt

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that people will make or break a company. Dole is a great brand, but it is deteriorating because of the middle management. Some Key Managers in the habit of using band-aids to hide their own poor decisions and weaknesses.

dole food

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

Prosthere are few lay offs and high level of security. most jobs are not challenging or stressful, get free fruit

Consno opportunites to grow, no innovation, very backwards and old fashion, not a lot of training opportunites offered, only senior management has a say in what goes on , no flex time schedules or work from home options (in practice, theory maybe)

Advice to Senior Managementget with the times! employee satisfaction and work life balanace leds to a great success for the company, work with people and their lives/desire

Worked for Dole Food? Contribute to the Community!