Doeren Mayhew

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mark A. Crawford

Ive seen multiple firms and Doeren stands out

Manager (Current Employee) Troy, MI (US)

Pros- Banked overtime is the TRUE work/life balance. Many firms pretend to give work/life balance but the banked overtime lets you take cash or paid vacation for EVERY hour over 40.
    - Huge growth
    - One office means you get to know and work for all of the partners and be reviewed at year end by people who know you.
    - Get your own cubes instead of hoteling. feel at home at the office.

Cons- No SEC work, but who wants SOX compliance anyway
    - High insurance costs

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing great for the industry you are in. Keep the banked overtime.

Houston Doeren,Proceed with extreme caution. Troy is great but they do ot interact

Director (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsThere are some nice staff folks in Houston. If you are in ""in the club""meaning you may make partner then you do get training.

ConsThe just lost their whole sales team, so expect to have to eat what you kill and be the sales arm too since they treated the top notch business development team horribly. Hardly the bare minimum on holidays, cheap cheap cheap, they don't pay well. Upper management holds the purse strings and the purse is in his pocket always. Two mergers just happened and its a 3 way disaster. Many have exited , its all about the numbers and billings . Your bonus wont be what you hoped

Advice to Senior ManagementYour reputation is getting out there and its not good

Great building block for a career in accounting

Auditor (Current Employee) Troy, MI (US)

ProsGreat team atmosphere professionally and personally
    Banked overtime system that allows extra compensation for busy season hours
    Great team building events
    Mostly local travel
    Open door policy

ConsNo SEC exposure which limits attractiveness to future SEC Reporting employers
    No Structured Job Staffing which puts you at the mercy of the politics game

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on rotating employees among different managers and partners for a better employee experience and more exposure for the employee.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's public accounting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Troy, MI (US)

ProsDoeren Mayhew provides employees with opportunities to work with clients in a variety of industries. Training and continuing professional education is offered in house and externally. After-work firm sponsored events are generally enjoyable.

ConsWork-life balance is lacking and the client always comes first. Hours are extremely long and management encourages staff to work as many hours as possible during busy times of the year.

Not a bad place I guess

ProsStaff level employees are good

ConsOwners are not as good

Great place to work

Staff Accountant (Current Employee) Troy, MI (US)

ProsRelatively small office, yet large enough variety of types of client that ensures your job will not become overly repetitive.

ConsOnly 2 locations total - doesn't provide much opportunity for career growth or relocation if desired. Not many internal training opportunites available.

company review

Programmer (Current Employee) Troy, MI (US)

Proscenter location, close to my home, friendly environment, new technology

Constoo many company rules and restrictions

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Worked for Doeren Mayhew? Contribute to the Community!