Deutsche Bank CIB

Updated Jun 03, 2014

Deutsche Bank CIB Co-Chairman Jürgen Fitschen

Jürgen Fitschen

Land of opportunities

Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsIf you are one of the kind, you can make through all the obstacles to a niche for itself.

ConsManagement or boss won't care a single bit.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart looking at the organization as an integral part of the group as a whole, not merely as an offshore service Centre.

Entrepreneurial but not a great choice for women or minorities in many business areas

Director (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsEntrepreneurial environment. Still growth in many businesses. Could really turn around with the right regional management and some hands on leadership

ConsWeak leadership and highly political. Very little diversity in several businesses. Management openly undermine new and upcoming women leaders. Needs to introduce a culture of accountability and consequence from the top down. Still in boys club mode which will continue to get them into trouble as a firm. NY is worse then other regions

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversity should be an important element in management. Clear mandates and a path to success is in everyone's best interest and makes for a better quality of work. HR should play a more active role to educate management about unconscious bias and introduce a environment of accountability and consequence. I would steer away talent from DB for these reasons at the present but believe the platform could be stellar with the right people at the helm in NA

competitive environment to work there

Director (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

Prosthe competitive environment makes everyone to make all effort to excel. people there in general are quite nice and professional. The dress formal is quite good to work there.

Consthe organization up-down structure with local and Europe leadership is confusing.

Advice to Senior Managementreduce the leverage and increase the capital

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Both good and bad. Like everywhere!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood place to work, you learn a lot. More good to take away than bad.

ConsToo much paper work, bureaucracy and politics.

CIB is a bank in Egypt not Germany, however its an international bank located in Egypt and have many branches worldwide

Specialist (Current Employee) Cairo (Egypt)

ProsAlso its one of the largest and fast growing banks in Egypt, and i am a specialist retail loans operations processor with 7 years experience.

ConsI have been working for 7 years at this bank and need to change for a more better and larger organization where i can expand on my career path.

Overall, good place to work on Wall Street

Vice President (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

Pros- Highly entrepreneurial
    - Challenging/interesting work
    - Good salary and benefits

Cons- Highly political environment: pick mentor(s) who are well-regarded and know their way around the organization
    - Highly bureaucratic environment: need to go through a lot of hoops to get things done/approved; only gotten worse with onset of external regulatory forces (a lot tougher to get things done)
    - Sharp elbows among colleagues: at the end of the day, everyone is out for themselves and wanting to maximize their comp at year-end.
    (I should note that the above all all pretty common to most, if not all, investment banks)

False promises

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsBonus
    Great colleagues - frankly too smart for this place

ConsMumbai office CIB is a back office - no client interaction allowed, no advancement in work role for 3-5 years, terrible work life balance with no glory

Advice to Senior ManagementBe transparent about no client interaction.

learned a lot

Intern (Current Employee) Beiji, Jiangsu (China)

Proslearned a lot during the internship, nice ppl

Conslong hours, no return offer opponutities

Management doesn't give two hoots about people

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsMoney - The pay is pretty good. If you're looking for a good place to learn about finance, DB CIB is perhaps a good place with a very steep learning curve, but just for the initial days. It is the perfect back office that does (almost) everything in financial markets, so, it's good if you want a diversity of stuff to work on.

ConsThe HR is perhaps the worst part - They're inefficient, arrogant, unhelpful and especially treat interns and new hires like crap. The senior management also never gives the impression that they care about you or your career, only about how much movey you make. Moreover, the job that most people do is extremely trivial and huge underutilization of talent. Most the job is just to assist and verify the work onshore.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo start caring about your own people. I know a ton of people who refused to join you just because they knew they'd never be cared for.

Its ok

ProsSafe job in uncertain times

ConsNot a high financial upside

Worked for Deutsche Bank CIB? Contribute to the Community!