Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines Reviews in Atlanta, GA US

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Delta Air Lines CEO and Director Richard H. Anderson

Richard H. Anderson

Pros
  • Flight Benefits- Every employee gets standby travel with discounts on confirmed travel(in 125 reviews)

• The benefits are great, of you have a language or are willing to fly as lead the shifts are good(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Advancement rate is extremely slow, you will be part time for years before full time is available(in 18 reviews)

• The airline industry isn't what it used to be(in 17 reviews)

206 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great company to work for!

Managing Director (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsLove the company and the culture, Fair pay, Excellent travel benefits, involved leadership, lots of upward potential.

ConsIt;s the airline industry and it's subject to lot of economic shocks. Good times may turn on a dime.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to the employees.

Alot of benefits....

Ramp Agent (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

Prosyou get pay raises every year, as well as an abundance of discounts with other companies. They are always looking to promote from within....You fly free as well as your immediate family(spouse,parents,etc..). easy to pick up overtime if in hub station

ConsIts hard to transfer to other cites unless its a hub station.

good

Airline Pilot (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

Prosgood ppl at delta Air Lines

Consits at the airport in Atlanta

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more pilots at the airport.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I've been an employee for 20 years.

Frontline Leader (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsIt's a financial strong company with a great leadership team that expresses forward thinking and promotional movement from within the company. If you are motivated to transfer, you're opportunities are endless. The airline industry can be incredibly fickle, however Delta has managed to stand out among the competition. I'm so proud to work for Delta.

ConsLocal management often dictates the attitudes amongst the employees. The merger is still not a smooth process that most leaders choose to ignore. Not everyone is on board with Delta policies and expectations and that can bring entire team down.

Not for me

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsDelta Airlines had a great culture, they tell you that people never leave and its true

ConsTerrible for communicating to training, Airport Code test is terrible

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider removing the Airport Code test

Simply being here daily has been a great learning experience however the Co-op program is not organized or exciting.

Industrial Engineering Co-Op (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGreat benefits and a lot of exposure to clients, suppliers and upper management in TechOps.

ConsSlow paced environment and roles are very specific and sometimes redundant.

An "ok" company

Senior Analyst, Revenue Management (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

Pros- Travel privileges - first class upgrades at no cost when available
    - very relaxed working environment on a nice campus setting
    - standard 45 - 50 hr workweek

Cons- upward mobility is very limited
    - salaries are very low for the comparable job. even within the airline industry, DAL is low paying.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile it is always a good idea to focus on your frontline employees, please do not forget that you have a skilled workforce in HQ.

Great people to work with.

Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsTravel Benefits, work culture, and family values

ConsHard to advance if you don't know the right people.

Run before it's too late

Ramp Agent (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsTravel benefits
    Profit sharing
    Great dental and vision
    Holidays can be used as off days
    Small bonuses for meeting performance goals

ConsThe worse health benefits I've ever had
    No schedule flexibility
    They do not encourage seeking your education
    They do not promote on merit
    They lie about your work ethic to keep you stuck in a position
    Always some new unnecessary rule
    Under staffed and overworked
    Should rank No. 1 in pay for the industry as much as they make in profits year after year
    Managers that don't know how to manage

Advice to Senior ManagementStart giving positions on merit not favoritism. I've personally applied for 63 positions over the time I've worked for Delta. The majority of which since after having transferred to Atlanta. Yet there are people still employed whom you would think were being paid to socialize and sit on their butt and watch others work. They don't even show up to work all the time or on time. I've come to work early 99% of the time and have only called out a total of 4 times over years of employment with the company. Applied for positions that I've held before and get passed over for someone with absolutely no experience in it. The manager have no clue how to manage and will eventually get the company sued for the things that they say that ought not be spoken in a professional setting.

Solid Company and Benefits but Workload and Office Environment Need Improvement

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsThe company at this point in time is doing better than I had ever dreamed. I appreciate the generous profit sharing. Relatively low bar of performance expectation for longtime employees. I sense a much greater level of job security at Delta than at other companies, which is huge for me. Benefit package is generally very good with flight benefits being astounding.

ConsAs the company's success and number of partnerships has grown, the overall workload on management analysts has skyrocketed with every assignment being urgent. This can be draining and impact one's personal life, even if overall time at work is the same. The number of interesting jobs at Delta is limited, so competition is huge. The tightly-packed office environment is very Leave It to Beaver with little variation in personality. For creative types, this can be alienating. Almost all white-collar jobs are based in Atlanta, which is full of traffic and not that interesting.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove headquarters to an off-airport, walkable neighborhood, and make the office enivironment 3x more spacious to decrease stress and increase privacy. Increase the number of white-collar positions located outside Atlanta. Incredible job running the company otherwise.

Worked for Delta Air Lines? Contribute to the Community!