Deloitte

Deloitte Reviews in Washington, DC US

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria

Joe Echevarria

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance(in 425 reviews)

• Great place to start your career as a recent graduate who is looking for experience(in 146 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance(in 1093 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate(in 221 reviews)

447 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Deloitte Consulting

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsGreat company with significant opportunity for growth fior top performers!

ConsDifficult to maintain work life balance

Manager

Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsExcellent benefits. Diverse workforce. Bright co-workers.

ConsPublic sector consulting is Washington DC focused. Opportunities severely limited if you do not live in northern Virginia.

diverse experience

FAS Senior Associate (Current Employee) Washington, DC (US)

Prosopportunities for professinal developments and growth

Constoo much travel for work

Advice to Senior ManagementN/a

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

After just nine months, I couldn't take it anymore

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Arlington, VA (US)

ProsCompensation is above-market, benefits are excellent, and the firm's outstanding brand reputation will raise eyebrows.

ConsDeloitte likes to trumpet "You own your own career!". In reality, this means anybody can screw you, but that there is no one to advocate for you. Who you know matters much more than the quality of your work. Your raises, bonuses, and promotions are tied to your ability to play politics, not your ability to do good work. Deloitte is so full of itself and of its "brand" that the firm is closed to new ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementPartners can and do exercise prerogatives, as well they should. But when you ask a practitioner to "take one for the team" and then screw him over at year-end for raise/bonus/promotion because that practitioner doesn't know all the right people, well then that practitioner is going to remember that partners are not the only people with "prerogatives".

Deloitte leadership, remember this: anyone smart enough and savvy enough to get hired by Deloitte is smart enough and savvy enough to get hired anywhere else, too. Take care of your people by changing your assessment system, or they will leave, as I did.

I was hired as part of the BearingPoint federal acquisition and then not allowed to grow my own practice area

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Rosslyn, VA (US)

ProsWell rounded competency based delivery

Conscliquish management of ratings and promotions, not conducive to experienced talent

Advice to Senior Managementre-examine your adherence to ethical standards.

Great Place to Work.

Business Technology Analyst (Former Employee) Arlington, VA (US)

ProsCompetitive compensation, inclusive of perks & 'total rewards'.

ConsExcessive expectations outside actual client service work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together.

They will teach you marketable skills, but don't expect them to let you manage your own career.

Federal Analyst (Current Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsCompensation is good, training is good, promotions are clear-ish, overall you'll learn, but you'll want to get out after a year or two.

ConsI've spent a considerable amount of time growing my network, building my expertise, and finding projects that match my skill set, interests, and benefit the firm. When it came down to it, however, and I was offered a fantastic project opportunity that management would not let me pursue. In order to succeed here and get where you want you need to screw people over and that simply doesn't match my values. I'm very disappointed with Deloitte because I believe that the firm and it's people have a lot of potential.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach. If you tell us that we can 'manage our own career' then let us do that when the opportunities arise. Don't be a hypocrite and force your employees to work against one another in order to get ahead.

Great company for those who don't have an active personal life

Federal Project Controller (Current Employee) Rosslyn, VA (US)

Proslots of training, competitive pay, different ways to advance

Conshorrible work-life balance, promotions are based upon what you do compared to everyone else which is difficult b/c they expect you to do 45+ hrs minimal and then do initiative work after that

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you work your life away, you will eventually get promoted.

OK at first.

Engineer (Current Employee) Arlington, VA (US)

ProsGood Benefits, lots of networking and training

ConsThey expect more from the average employee than any other defense contractor and the expectations aren't in line with what can be accomplished given market and Deloitte's parameters.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Federal Practice needs to change the business model.

associate

Associate (Current Employee) Washington, DC (US)

Prosgood salary but you will like ti

Conshash management team but sometime good

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!