Deloitte

3.5 6,254 reviews

Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria

Joe Echevarria

(1,277 ratings)

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance (in 425 reviews)

• Great place to start your career as a recent graduate who is looking for experience (in 146 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance (in 1093 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate (in 221 reviews)

More Highlights
6,254 Employee Reviews

First formal job

Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

Pros- very supportive culture where managers and associates always do their best to help
    - very inclusive environment where colleagues always provide their feedback, updates and get you involved
    - great place to learn as a new grad

Cons- people are too spread across different offices so it becomes difficult to network within the firm
    - low pay

Great culture, engaged leadership and plenty of cool projects - ideal place to develop core skills & build your career

Manager (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsLots of flexibility in project / team / location - this has allowed me to travel extensively early when I could and wanted to, and stay local now when I have a family
    Investing in / acquiring market-leading capabilities (innovation, analytics, digital) to stay ahead of the market
    Has recently put greater emphasis on merit-based (as opposed to tenure-based) promotions and incentives - a lot more folks are being considered for mid-year milestones, and annual incentives have moved to a variable scale as opposed to fixed numbers based on ratings

ConsContinues to lag the market in competitive pay, especially in Consulting

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to significantly increase focus on top talent retention in a proactive and effective way (as opposed to negotiating once someone has another offer in hand)

Work hard, play hard with incredibly smart and motivated people

Consultant (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsThe team is fantastic and the real reason I stay with the firm. I learn every day from friendly colleagues and get assigned to roles that stretch my skills.

Cons8 hours is a short day, 10-12 is typical.
    Salaries are competitive with other consulting firms, but overall the pay is much lower than what you can make in industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove compensation!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ripe with opportunity

Consulting Senior Manager (Current Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsDeloitte is a great place to work, filled with challenging opportunities, interesting work, and dedicated colleagues. The rotation of clients, projects, and teams makes things exciting and filled with learning.

ConsIt can be exhausting to maintain this pace over the long term. Opportunities for advancement to partnership/director are dictated by personal performance and market conditions, and sometimes the market conditions are not there. Keep focused on learning and advancement, and know when to pull the plug.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe cautious of your overzealous admiration of direct admit partners/directors. External hires are not often more successful than internal candidates, especially when looked through a long-term lens. By dismissing internal candidates, you run the risk of demotivating potential stars.

Excellent work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsGet to work in teams as well as individually
    Many different departments makes work specified and you are able to work with people in other departments
    Great office
    Fair benefits, Starting vacation is 3 weeks

ConsSo many employees you don't always get specific recognition
    Promotions based on years at position, not about work ethic
    Education important factor in moving up in company

Great career choice - Consulting

Consulting Senior Manager (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsFast career progression, exposure to a large depth of work, great opportunities to take more ownership
    Deloitte has opportunities for both strategic work and implementation. The combination of the two equips individuals with the right skillsets to succeed in the future.

ConsWork = Life at Deloitte. However, with the multitude of great people, this can often be overlooked. Compensation is typically not in the form of Money. Deloitte will recognize and reward talented individuals with more work and new responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay can be more competitive

Interesting projects, great people, flexible work environment

Manager (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsGreat people - experts in their field, friendly
    Interesting projects - access to leading practice research, innovative
    Flexible work environment - can work from home all the time

ConsCompensation is okay, definitely less for non-client facing employees, which is fine but you still work 10-12 hour days
    Hoteling (i.e., not having a desk can be annoying)

A good place to start your career, but very political

Audit Senior (Current Employee)

ProsPlenty of opportunity to work your way into new positions in different service lines
    Flexible with time off in the summer
    Vast resources which contribute to continuous learning

ConsWork-life balance is non-existent
    Compensation is poor

Advice to Senior ManagementChill out. Either increase salaries or add time in lieu for working overtime.

Great on CV but horrible workplace

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice colleagues. Interesting opportunities. Nice building.

ConsPoor compensation. Poor management theory. No work-life balance. Do not want to see you progress. Too much office politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees more fairly. Do not hinder their progress.

Solid organization with great leadership and organizational structure

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat organizational values, great people, they recruit the best and the brightest. They also have solid career paths and performance structure so you know exactly where you stand. Have worked for other large consulting firms and Deloitte is the best at valuing their people.

ConsWork-life balance is not the greatest as others have said, but a lot of that has to do with the travel, which also has its benefits. But I don't think this will differ with any consulting role. At least you are well-supported. And make sure you get what you want when you start as compensation and benefits will not change much.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!