Data Recognition Corporation

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Susan Engeleiter

Relaxed environment, ideal for self-starters.

ProsManagement was supportive of personal development and work-life balance. Examples include tuition reimbursement, conference participation, and fairly flexible scheduling. Their wellness program is really impressive: healthy-living lunch-and-learns, onsite massage, gym and fitness programs, health-conscious menu in cafeteria, etc. Also, the campus is beautiful, and it's nice to work outside the bustle of the cities.

ConsThe organizational structure is pretty flat, so promotions are infrequent. Compensation is a little below average.

I found DRC to be well managed and fun to work for, never too stressful but seldom not busy enough.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN (US)

ProsThey have a good time off policy and provide training as needed. I really enjoyed the people I worked for.

ConsOccasionally things got a bit tedious and not challenging enough. Sometimes ideas were not heard or you were not kept in the loop.

Advice to Senior ManagementA lot of money was spent on contractors not being utilized. Before dropping employees let them go. Employees could be challenged more or allowed to stretch their wings.

Comfortable and easy temp job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe day was relaxing, the people I worked with were nice and helpful.

ConsVery monotonous work. If you prefer a job where you're on your feet/always moving, this will get boring.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company is a sinking ship, very poor IS/IT work environment, a company that I would avoid!

Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Maple Grove, MN (US)

ProsSome of the best benefits I have seen, buildings are well maintained and look good, used to be a good company for.

ConsThis company is a sinking ship and just laid off another round of people, inept management especially at CEO and CIO level, toxic work environment, nepotism and favoritism are rampant, poor raises, lower pay compared to other companies, lack up support for training or continuing education, no career path or mentoring structure at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am not sure the ship can be righted, the former CEO and owner of the company must be disgusted how the company has fallen from its former glory. The CEO needs to stop being a tight wad and learn to spend money properly. The nepotism and favoritism needs to end, if you are not in the "in" crowd, there is little to no chance to advance or potentially will be targeted to be forced out. The company needs to actually back up the claim that they support education and training, getting training was near impossible and they cut back and imposed much stricter requirements on tuition reimbursement. The CIO also needs to lead and stop meddling at every level of IT/IS and just provide actual leadership and not rule by fear.

Good / Average corporate job.

ProsNice people and consistent work.

ConsSalary is slightly below average

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Boring work, but nice people

Team Leader (Former Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsSometimes you get paid for days where you don't work. Fairly relaxed setting.

ConsBoring work in fluorescent lighting,

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to make work life more interesting

Review Title

Test Scorer (Former Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsDirect, clear communication.
    Simple work.
    Relaxed environment (There's popcorn in the breakroom on wednesdays (thursdays?). See guys, work can be fun!).

ConsInfrequent work schedule.
    As an unskilled diploma you're basically cattle.
    Amount of self-respect you can scrape by with depends totally on who your team leader is.

The bonus pay for scorers doesn't make very much sense. The flexibility in hours it provides is minimally beneficial. They must have found it inexplicably increases worker satisfaction. That, or they want you to attempt to reach the target and fall short. Either way I feel gamed.

Advice to Senior ManagementI scored some projects at near double the room average. No performance bonus, though I think I was treated more generously otherwise.

Add a keyboard interface to the scoring program. Mousing for 8 hours is unacceptable. Jesus Christ.

It was okay

Reader (Former Employee) Woodbury, MN (US)

Prosgood hours

bonuses available for attendance

Consit can become very monotonous

Great people, uneven work load

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Plymouth, MN (US)

ProsPeople are easy to work with. Projects impact companies vision. Opportunities to move around within company if desired.

ConsWorkload from business not always realistic. Communication between groups could be improved especially since, when I left, the groups were not all sitting together.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work to bring the groups together and help the business to plan workload further out.

a good tea good seasonal jobgood sesonal

Reader (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

ProsNice people. Work is interesting. The work environment is relaxed. The work is seasonal, so its suitable for those who do not want to work full time.

ConsSome of the scoring directors are not very friendly or helpful. Some people find the work boring. You sit in a large room at tables in front of your computer, so there can be distractions.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management is somewhat inscrutable. You never know how they decide who works when or on what project. Be more open.

Worked for Data Recognition Corporation? Contribute to the Community!