DISH

1,851 Reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton
Joseph Clayton
1,193 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 81 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Management uses strong arm tactics while telling you about work/life balance (in 46 reviews)

• Upper management don't keep to their word, will Lie thru their teeth in your face (in 110 reviews)

More Highlights

A company that I do not mind waking up on Monday mornings for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are many opportunities to move up in the company. Dish is a company that values and rewards its employees by trying to fill any open positions internally first. Many positions are in Dish's corporate headquarters and as such they offer relocation reimbursement.

They also go to great lengths to gather the feedback of their employees on how to improve the culture. When they were named the worst company to work for two years in a row they really committed to turn around the employee sentiment. I have been with the company for over six years. I have lasted through the years when they didn't value their employees and I am really happy to see what they have done so far. Every year they conduct an anonymous survey from every employee. They take a few of the biggest items every year, focus their efforts on fixing them and take steps to make sure that those issues do not come back again.

Cons

Their health insurance has a very high deductible. It is difficult to pull some teams off the phones because of call volume. They do not have as many paid holiday's and vacation days as other companies.

Keep listening to your employees on what to improve.

Excellent

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Great support and culture. Dish is not for the faint of heart. It is s fast paced and changing company. If you are up to the challenge then dish is for you.

Cons

None, unless you see change and challenges as cons.

Never lose sight of your most valuable asset, your team.

Great opportunity for hard workers.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked at DISH Corporate for nearly 3 years, and held 4 positions. The career opportunities offered at DISH are nearly unrivaled. I was fortunate enough to have managers who listened, helped me grow, and ultimately I earned not only promotions within my team, but was awarded the opportunity to step into a role in a different field of work when I spoke up and expressed interest. DISH expects a lot from their employees, but hard work and results are rewarded. While starting salaries may not be the highest in the industry, DISH rewards hard-working employees with performance-based increases; additionally, non-salary financial benefits are pretty great for today's marketplace - 401k with match, profit sharing, ESPP, HSA, etc.

Cons

Some policies and aspects of corporate culture are becoming antiquated, though not outside the realm of reasonable expectations (i.e., "core hours", where more and more companies are providing increased flexibility to their workforce).

Constant Struggle

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist in Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great co-workers, discounted tv, bonues for meeting metrics, bonuses when you sell items. depending on position take home vehicle, pay is good.

Cons

benefits are horrible high deductibles, get scored off of metrics that you have absolutely no control over, management plays favorites, horrible hours, no set schedule constantly changing.and are never informed when it is changed.

treat everyone equal, stop with all the micro mananging

Not bad if you can deal with a crazy work schedule

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Littleton, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Littleton, CO (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The money money and money

Cons

Benefits, work - life balance

Figure out benefits

False Promises Made by Terrible Management

Former Employee - Anonymous in Englewood, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Englewood, CO (US)

I worked at DISH full-time

Pros

The people working security are generally nice and helpful. Unfortunately that is where the positives stop. Once you pass through the gates, prepare for your soul to die.

Cons

The management in the accounting department put up an appearance that they care about each employee and the improvement of the department as a whole. In reality, this could not be further from the truth. From the controller down to the lowest level supervisors, leadership is full of liars, cowards, and managers full of false promises just to make themselves look good. They will promise to work with you on your growth and development, false. They will promise to listen to what each employee has to say and aim to make changes, false. If an employee goes to HR or voices an opinion about issues in the department, they won't even say a word or look you in the eye as they make "head count issues." Only a coward will walk you to HR and then leave without saying a word. I have no respect for management in the accounting department as people, and would not wish working for them on my worst enemy.

As far as benefits go, they are awful. Should you get injured, expect to have a spare $12k just hanging around. Trying to get FMLA approved is like pulling teeth and they are not afraid to escort you out of the building, no ride, in the snow, can't walk, increasing medical bills, on your first day back without the decency to even thank you for the work that you did.

The CEO is a mindless pawn for the chairman. He is guaranteed to say at least one offensive statement at every All Team Meeting. When asked a question, he never knows the answer, only will be until he hands the microphone over to somebody who knows what is going on.

Grow a pair

You will eventually "Hate" working here.

Current Employee - CsrII in Hilliard, OH (US)
    Current Employee - CsrII in Hilliard, OH (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You do get free Service, Lazy Man Attendance Policy and decent 401k. They Lowered their Pay Rate for new employees from 12 to 11 and no pay raise for speciality skills.

Cons

Everyone who just starts working here loves it but by their year anniversary they see the horrible work environment Dish has. So any review given by anyone with less then a year in, is inaccurate.

Benefits are high deductable, even worse after Obama Care. No support for esculated calls where customers are abusive.Customers are abusive because Dish Loses channels ALL THE TIME. It's so Executives can fatten their wallets. They don't hide this fact either. Turner Broadcasting was taken down because Charlie wants to pay less and then once a year on 1/17 we do a price increase.Work Schedules are horrible because even if you found one you liked, a team you liked and a coach you liked just another year away from a NEW shift bid process. All the negative reviews about favoritism are true. I happen to be in good favor though due to my metrics are above their expectations and I help out on the team to get others like mine. For most part coaches try their best to do right by their team it's their boss and higher that have a negative impact on company morale and values. There is room for advancement in the company but problem is there are people not advancing to certain positions holding up the process for those who want it. Based on their career ladder. Understand Call center work is a non stop change of policy everyday you either adapt or they fire you. Dish does changes everyday even several a day. They have a database of changes called "Community" thats how bad and often they change their policies. If they Fire you don't sign resignation papers its so they don't have to pay you unemployeement. An unemployement office will pay you because you were never prepared for those changes so "DON'T SIGN RESIGNATION PAPERS"

ALL of you need to fire yourselves. Just takes One manager of a center to step up and call CWA-UNION to turn this place around.

Still the worst company to work for

Current Employee - Business Analyst II in Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst II in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people they hire have potential.

Cons

You feel like you can loose your job at any moment. Management overlooks the employees that work hard. Every year the company fires people just so they can bring in new people and pay them less. This is a very greedy company that does not care about how long you have worked there or how many contributions you contributed, eventually they let everyone go. I can't wait to find another job so I can quit before they fire me like everyone else.

Be fair.

Favoritism all over again!!!!

Current Employee - Production Associate in El Paso, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Production Associate in El Paso, TX (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

401k,over time, free programming,p4p incentive,tuition reimbursement,gold coins, unpaid time off

Cons

Production Supervisors have favorites, they créate schedules for their leáds that are tardy, even if you move them cells same results. The depotism and retaliation continúe. You have cameras everywhere and you cant see the Céll 8 lead spend hours in the production office? Oh yeah he brings the Manager food! Supervisors going and buying cofee to Circle K when they should be supervising their teams? Who promotes and allows this nepitism? Mike Mcklaskey, please help, the favoritism continúes,

Audit your Supervisors and Managers, or wait until the ship sinks. Mr. Director do your Job and stop saying you walk the walk,don't even have the courtesy to say Good Morning?

Dish

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's very exciting company and industry to work in. I am proud to be a part of the new program.

Cons

Work life balance is very hard to maintain. The hours can be very long and stressful. The pay does not align with the work-load.