DISH Reviews

1,754 Reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton
Joseph Clayton
1,122 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 72 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • As far as the work life balance they change schedules dissolve schedules for all types of reasons (in 40 reviews)

• Unless your friends with upper management, you have no chance of advancement (in 100 reviews)

More Highlights

Underpaid and Overworked, taken advantage of. Unappreciated.

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Hilliard, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Hilliard, OH (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Met some really nice people, made long term friendships.

Cons

Mandatory overtime with little notice, even during the holidays. Unrealistic expectations, for little appreciation.

Learn to appreciate and reward your loyal employees, instead of working them to death. And get some professional management.

Overall good work enviroment

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH (US)

I worked at DISH part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very flexible with me while I was going through Chemotherapy. Generally coworkers were nice and the company had a decent incentive program

Cons

Some of the customer's were very rude, but you had to learn to deal with it

Have a part time CSR position. I loved it

Excellent Opportunity

Current Employee - Loyalty Representative  in  Bluefield, WV (US)
    Current Employee - Loyalty Representative in Bluefield, WV (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Gives people that wouldn't normally have an opportunity a chance to make good money for their family. All that is needed to apply is a high school diploma. Varies opportunities to earn extra money with incentives, bonus, contest. Very giving, employees can win things like cars, vacations, tvs, etc. also keeps you well feed. Barbecues galore, pizza parties, nachos, ice cream. I can go on and on. They do not micro manage and allows agents to develop their own style on their calls. Oh, free tv., 401k match, stocks. That adds thousands per year to your salary.

Cons

I can't think of any. A lot of people complain of things they should expect and already agreed to.

Refresher courses would be nice. Especially for people that have been working for dish a long time

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work but "kool-aid" spreading supervisors & managers are starting to infest the highly potential El Paso.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Group Lead  in  El Paso, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Group Lead in El Paso, TX (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very challenging but rewarding work. Working in a production cell gives me the chance to earn bonuses for hitting highly achievable quality and efficiency targets.

Cons

Recently there has been a few supervisors and even some managers that won't stop spreading their "kool-aid" about other leaders of the plant. They are jealous and being selfish and will be the downfall of this plant if they don't stop blasting the team. They're only making themselves look bad. I will continue to do my best as a cell lead and hope they don't burn me too like they did our Director. Since I can't mention them by name, if HR were to do a survey, the same names would come up for sure...

Fire these 5 "salaried" employees or watch the ship sink in El Paso.

Senior Analyst/Developer

Current Employee - Senior Analyst/Developer
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst/Developer

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Large company, lots of friendly people. The Satellite TV industry is amazing and DISH now has it's finger in other business types such as Satellite Internet, B2B/Commercial cable systems, Blockbuster Online, Sling Box, and also owns a lot of potential Cell phone bandwidth. The future possibilities are very interesting with this corporation. We also have the best and coolest technology out there with the Hopper/Sling/Dish Anywhere and the new commercial Smart box!

Having been with DISH for almost 15 years, I can say, the last 3 or so have been the best, we have seen a ton of improvement internally, some benefits were made to better suit the employee, some policies became a lot friendlier and more logical. I give Joe Clayton, our new CEO credit for this.

Cons

Only two real complaints here, yearly salary increases are a bit on the low side overall, sure the company wants to stretch it's dollar, but come on, a very good /great yearly review should gross a raise greater than the rate of inflation. Secondly, and this is my largest complaint, health insurance, a family of (4) four, expect a deducible/co-pay that is well into the (5) five figure range. Come on, I could almost pay cash in full for a new Harley-Davidson for this amount! Here is an example, I went to pickup an allergy medicine, the pharmacist asked do you want to pay with insurance or cash? Naturally, I was thinking insurance, but I asked, what is the price difference? $72 with insurance, $12 with-out insurance the pharmacist told me. The good news, both yearly performance raises and the insurance issue should be easy fixes and I believe Joe Clayton and his team of uppers will get them worked out.

Health insurance, make it affordable to see a Doctor please.

Capacity for internal customer service will NEVER be met!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hilliard, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay, feedback constantly solicited for improvement, amazing performance incentives for frontline agents, positive atmosphere!!!

Cons

Employees are given so much that appreciation is replaced with a sense of entitlement a need for more.. MORE...MORE. Impossible to satisfy your internal customer.

Continue the path of soliciting feedback to ensure all concerns are addressed. Continue to recap improvements that you have made.

Sales grind

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Pay, Steady flow of calls

Cons

Obnoxious customers, call center tracks every idle moment

Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain

WORK PRESSURE

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Environment, nice collegues only these two are meritis.

Cons

too much of work pressure from higher level. full of politics

please improve your pay scale its not at all fair

stuck on sales stats versus doing your job

Current Employee - Field Service Technician IV
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician IV

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

always work to be done

Cons

not everyone has the same strengths and weaknesses. senior management needs to understand this.

not all technicians are great sales people. some of us enjoy our jobs because we are helping people. also we are the face of the company. Sales does not always mean higher CSAT scores.

Decent company and getting better.... just please Joe C - keep your politics to yourself!

Current Employee - IT Engineer  in  Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - IT Engineer in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Always on the go! I really never get bored, which is a great thing. I love being challenged and challenged I am! DISH is truly trying to improve! The new technology never leaves me bored, always something new! The Work life balance is ok... they do get pretty picking on being at work for 8.5 hours.. then they let up... for me, I work through lunch... try to enforce it, labor laws say other wise :) The compensation is pretty good, can't complain there! My direct management is pretty good, can't say that for everyone else's though.

Cons

The political blame game from the CEO... come on Joe, stop blaming the President for the poor health insurance DISH has... it's not his fault, it's yours and Charlie's! The benefits are pretty poor, 50% 401K matching? Really, from a multi-billion dollar company?

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!