DISH

1,956 Reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton
Joseph Clayton
1,254 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 86 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Management uses strong arm tactics while telling you about work/life balance (in 49 reviews)

• Upper management don't keep to their word, will Lie thru their teeth in your face (in 110 reviews)

More Highlights

expected

Former Employee - Technician in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Technician in Raleigh, NC (US)

I worked at DISH

Pros

pretty good pay and lots of hours

Cons

weather could be a bit of a pain

Not for me.........or anyone with an IQ above 37

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Littleton, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Littleton, CO (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The training was good and so were my coworkers. They are quick to hire and their training was good as well; if you really need a job NOW, you can work here.

Cons

Where to begin? VERY strict environment; whatever you do don't be late and don't take sick days, you will pay for it. The customers you will work with are the dregs of society, they have no money and their credit is non-existent. They'll get bent at you when you can't get them all the killer promos due to the bad credit situation. The metrics are ridiculous, for example: Ghetto Gus with no credit and no money calls for all the killer deals.....he doesn't qualify. He then informs you he won't get paid for another week and he has nobody to help him get TV. Nothing you can do for Gus, but it goes against your close rate which effects your commission directly. One other down side to Ghetto Gus or even a Trailer Park Tammy will be the fact that they are VERY hard to understand; they'll get pissed when you ask them to spell simple things like their name or street address. It isn't my fault they cannot speak to the effect of ANYTHING that resembles the English language.

ANY other sales job I have had has allowed me to QUALIFY the prospect; no money, no credit, .........no dice.....NEXT! These guys will have you spend an hour with some hillbilly only to find out their credit sucks and they have no money (or a debit or credit card for that matter).

Who would listen....these guys know everything.

Worked only for a few weeks at CSR

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Littleton, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Littleton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Benefits are good, also like the hours.

Cons

High turnover of employees noticeable. They want a 'swiss army knife' employee, which is unrealistic.

Do something about high turnover

Don't try to transfer departments at DISH

Current Employee - Operations Analyst I in Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst I in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Free paid television, good cafe

Cons

Pay isn't that great, hard work us under-appreciated, and grudges are held for a long time

Try not to hold grudges against employees because they want to transfer to different departments

Great co-workers, free tv, poor management and pay.

Former Employee - Field Service Specialist II in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Field Service Specialist II in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Meeting new people every day, making those people happy. Co-workers are great because they know the job and the drawbacks that come with it. Almost every technician has a similar mindset in terms of how the company treats them. You get free television programming, except the premiums of course.

Cons

You'll be lucky if you have an FSM in your office that you can confide in without risk of what you say being used against you later. Higher level management is even more difficult to trust. My first OM was fantastic, because he knew what the job was actually like.

Don't get hurt on the job, even if it's not your fault in any way. This will start a chain reaction of the corporate puppets of your office trying to find anything they can to get rid of you, even if it's a simple rule everyone breaks, including the manager that reported the said infraction.

You'll get paid just enough to survive, if you don't have student loan debts. If you work hard at perfectly balancing quality of work, speed, and customer satisfaction you might get a raise, if you manager likes you.

Oh, and good luck being seen as a "valuable member of the team" if you can't sell over $700 worth of overpriced garbage every month.

Allow more options to express what needs to change in your annual surveys, and legitimate anonymity in they surveys is essential. Myself and 2 other techs flat out said we didn't trust our managers, only to be told the same "I want you to feel you can trust me" 2 days later.

Increase pay rates for your techs, and don't let consecutive incorrect paychecks go unpunished.

Don't go finding a reason to fire people because they "show a negative attitude toward the company". Find out why they don't like their job, and offer a solution to the problem, even if it's just a small fix, the effort will make a world of difference.

Sexist place to work, terrible culture. they feel like most employees are dispensable.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

stock price is up. woohoo! a paycheck. they are always hiring since they have such high turnover.

Cons

i have finally realized this is a men's club. there are very few women in leadership. this is a boy's club so if you are female and want to grow in leadership pick a different company because the results here are not good.

be willing to really change the culture. consider a female ceo for your next leader.

Employees are disposable

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay is good, some of the employees are nice to work with.

Cons

Management does not care about employees. Benefits are the worst I have ever seen - rather than trying to improve them management makes excuses and political complaints as to why they are so bad. Due to the hostile attitude towards employees turnover is higher than any company I have ever worked for.

Rather than saying you want to make things better, actually make things better. Employees are an asset.

broadband agent

I have been working at DISH

Pros

the people that work there

Cons

management suck. coaches sleep with coaches, and the training and support is the worst

The most chaotic place to work

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Roseland, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Roseland, NJ (US)

I worked at DISH

Pros

You can make money if you screen your calls

Cons

The phone sales position is a job where you're set up to fail.

Start treating good sales people like equals and not slaves

Dish Network (Echostar Satellite LLC) Review

Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor
    Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Thorough on the job training
    Centralized procurement helped with supply chain problems
    Flexible work schedule (4-10 hours shifts)

Cons

Limited professional development
    Substandard compensation
    Aggressive environment
    High employee turnover

Middle management does not provide opportunities for growth; focus more on development of your employees