DISH

1,856 Reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton
Joseph Clayton
1,197 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 81 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Management uses strong arm tactics while telling you about work/life balance (in 46 reviews)

• Upper management don't keep to their word, will Lie thru their teeth in your face (in 110 reviews)

More Highlights

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with talented, driven, hard-working installation technicians. Traveling in the area of responsibility. Meeting and helping the very diverse base of interesting customers.

Cons

Brutal hours: 16-20 days. Unrealistic expectations. Leadership that scoffs at Dish culture change for more satisfied, motivated employees. Poor pay compared to the same positions at other telecom companies. Installations is the "bread and butter" of the company, but isn't rewarded as such.

Replace the leadership in IHS Mountain North. They don't represent the direction of the company or its current values and goals.

Mixed Bag

Current Employee - Program Manager in Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Mid-level leadership has improved in the last couple years, and the employees are generally good people. There is opportunity to grow a career and work on really exciting projects with little past experience.

Cons

Badge report is back! No matter how many 60 hour work weeks you put in expect to be lambasted endlessly for coming in after 9 regardless of the reason why.

Emancipate yourselves from Charlie, make real decisions about the quality of life you're providing for employees and allow lower level managers to make decisions. Stop castrating your frontline management staff, as only the best of them will take the blame in front of their employees.

Love the people and company focus on meeting internal/external customer needs

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial/dynamic culture - openness to new ideas, contribution and exciting challenges
    Management actively seeking ways to create a positive work place
    Incredible career opportunities in different areas - company won't hold you back just because you don't have specific prior experience

Cons

Communication between departments could be much better
    Entrepreneurial/dynamic culture - sometimes decisions are made before all possible results are considered

I love that management is making changes that positively affect employees. If there is better/more communication between the starting and ending point, employees can understand that things are moving and not just forgotten.

I enjoy my job, I feel it offers challenge and allows me to grow and learn valuable tools for my career path.

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Good benefits, (relatively speaking).
    Challenging.
    Constant opportunities to move within the company.

Cons

Negativeness of other employees.
    The pay is lower than I like.

Always give feedback, good or bad. I feel this give the employee knowledge of how they are being perceived by others and an opportunity to grow.
    Acknowledgement of a job well done. Far too many times I've seen employees do great things for this company. But, there was no acknowledgement of a job well done. It's as if it was expected of them.

OK Company. Lot of work pressure

Current Employee - Senior Quality Analyst in Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Quality Analyst in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

lot of work and lot to learn

Cons

timing and rules are bad, a lot of work pressure all the time, manager track your time on daily basis, people get fired for coming late after 9:00 AM

company should think about employees

Where opportunity meets obstacles.

Former Employee - OJT in Littleton, CO (US)
    Former Employee - OJT in Littleton, CO (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy company to grow in, depending on the site your at.

Cons

Communication and growth can mean harassment. Management dates each other (favoritism).

Do drug screens up front when you hire an employee instead of being cheap that way you get better new hires in a lower turnover rate. Also avoid the harassment with random drug test because you never know what people do in their free time, tie it to a clause for workman comp that's understandable and stop hiring people who you know wont be well for the job. The company has improved but pay is still lacking and employees are still treated unjust unless you know somebody. Also trainers and coaches shouldn't date especially when it's obvious and new hires and other trainers blantly know make it feel like you have to date your way to the top. Certain management is great but some are the exact opposite and could be much more open and through for the better of the company.

Great experience.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II

I worked at DISH

Pros

Great leadership that helped when needed.

Cons

Low pay and not much room for advancing.

PFP rules are ridiculous. Customer satisfaction should not be the biggest indicator of good performance. Sometimes a customer is just mad.

Customer service rep

Former Employee - Anonymous in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay. We were paid weekly by direct deposit and never had an issue with this process

Cons

Long work week...the hours were overwhelming for my schedule at the time

Field service technician 3

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist III in Marysville, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist III in Marysville, WA (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Always have work and overtime,good pay,time off three days off 401k profit sharing

Cons

Occasionally unpaid unknown day off, promotions based on completion of job whether Line of site or not. Bad benefits. 2500 deductible before coverage. Have to sell products to get promoted. Dispatch does not call customers they give to you at the end of the day to say your going to be late then expects the customer to give you 10 out of 10 rating. A lot of out of your control expectation for raise or promotion.

Get into the field and do our jobs and see what everyone is talking about. Then tell us to keep it up. If you do, its all about greed, cause you put all these treats in front of us, but yet so far away. How stressful to know your working hard doing your job everyday and being told just a little more and extremely rarely making those goals. Makes you feel like finding something else...

Great place to get experience

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Englewood, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Englewood, CO (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Immense possibilities to gain experience and be able to work on lots of different projects.

Cons

Benefits were atrocious when I was there. Also, the badge report was something everyone despised because it made everyone feel like they were being treated like a child.

I think bringing in Joe Clayton was a good move. Heard the badge report is gone and moral is up.