DFC Global

Add Photos

Jeff Weiss

Branch Manager

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC

ProsWork with great part-time people who are just trying to get by. They did pay the MSP for only working 20 hours, this was okay.

ConsSome leaders I found to be very good and others were simply horrible. It all starts at the top and rolls down. It also sucks having to take money from those on CPP....like they are already not broke enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk for more frontline opinions and trust they know your customers better than you think they do.

The culture is changing, but was too slow during my era

Senior Management (Former Employee) Victoria, BC

ProsNone unless you want an education in politics

ConsPolitics and a very slowly evolving culture that is taking the company away from the ol' boys club; however, it's too slow

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your minds about change

Good money and steady work, terrible business model

Database Administrator (Former Employee) Berwyn, PA (US)

ProsLiked the work, location and nature of technical involvement.
    Kept me busy and was close to my home.

ConsHorrible business model, payday lending is very predatory

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't treat IT staff like used toilet paper, people actually liked working there
    and did a great job. They threw IT staff to the street in the blink of an eye to
    save a quarter.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Heading in the right direction, but rest of organization not ready to be a 'real' company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Berwyn, PA (US)

ProsGood IT management team, a lot of collective experience

ConsLosing people at a steady clip, and a lot of these people are 'the good people' not the dead wood

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's no longer 1995 (or even 2005), your approach to things like 'work from home' is outdated. Your approach is creating (or created?) a culture of clock watchers.

Fast growing public company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInternational, customer service oriented. Great place for ex -military. Good benefits

ConsLimited opportunity for internal growth or training. Mainly hire from outside. Communication lacking.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing to provide that you should not already know.

Demoralizing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay was better than average for the area.

ConsNegative atmosphere, lack of recognition, lack of development

Made to work in ways that were not customer, but profit centric

Department Head (Former Employee) Nottingham, England (UK)

ProsIt's easy to shine or keep up as many of the staff lack basic business skills - right up the ladder

ConsProfit is the only focus and the profit gets paid to a small number of people. In a year when record profits arrived, staff got a 2% pay rise, but the UK MDis reputed to have earned $1m according to reports on the net...

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you plan and actually have, and share a 5 year plan, customers might feature as being important and so prop depuis be proud of best they do

Rapidly Expanding Company with Good Prospects for Growth

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Nottingham, England (UK)

ProsExpansions bring with it good opportunities for personal development and also travel internationally.
    There is minimal management interference in your day-to-day work load and you just left to 'get on with it'. While this may not suit most people it is a refreshing change for me.

ConsLegislative changes may kerb the current business model and things cold change overnight.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess meetings....more doings.....

You learn a lot but there is no great leadership to mold you.

Check Cashing Agent (Current Employee)

Prosgreat benefits and flexible work schedule

Consno structured training and no feedback from leaders

Advice to Senior ManagementHigh turnover rate is due to the fact that the persons in leadership positions do not possess great leadership skills.

They taught me many things, and some I am able to use outside of work.

ProsYou are able to fine tune your customer service skills and develop your evaluative and analytical skills. Benefits are good. You must work with cash all day.

ConsFor security reasons, you are unable to leave until your shift is done, your schedule changes week to week, many stores are open 7 days a week and you must be available in many cases and two shifts per day, except Sundays, usually.

Advice to Senior ManagementI thought leadership made many good decisions over the years. Their strong focal points were on profit, security and people, and rightfully so.

Worked for DFC Global? Contribute to the Community!