D&B Reviews

Updated 22 October, 2014
3.1

D&B President & CEO Robert Carrigan
Robert Carrigan

Pros
  • Smart and collaborative people trying to do the right thing, decent work life balance (in 23 reviews)

• D&B had one of best work life balances which I have experienced in my career :) (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Because D&B is a huge company, implementing ideas or change can be difficult (in 25 reviews)

• Senior management too focused on reaching their numbers (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Best leaders, management and team collaboration in my 25 years

I worked at D&B (more than an year)

Pros

Consistently working towards building a better company for its customers, employees and really cares about the world

Cons

Direction changes so quickly that technology could not keep up - the industry wants 100% viability - which data is impossible

Engage all internal resources, youd be surprised by the talent - Women are important too

Great business experience. Needs better pay.

I worked at D&B full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It was a great place to get business experience. Advancement opportunities are there for those willing to achieve the benchmarks that are required.

Cons

Despite it being a stimulating place to learn about business the office I worked in was contaminated by nepotism. Salary was low. It paid the bills.

Raise your salary ranges and compensate adequately. Be more open to ideas from front-line managers who supervise those who labor daily to collect your precious data.

It Put Food on the Table, But ...

Current Employee - Credit Analyst
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst

I have been working at D&B

Pros

It put food on the table and it paid off some of the student loans, but that was about it. Oh, and free parking.

Cons

Ridiculous achievement quotas imposed on junior staff, which led to all kinds of fudging in order to meet benchmarks. Silly.

Treat people like colleagues, not like convicts, and they may surprise you with how enthusiastic they become about their jobs.

Good place towork

I have been working at D&B full-time

Pros

Good place to work and good people

Cons

Bad hours and travel frequently

none

Best place I have worked so far

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I have been working at D&B full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We have a new and growing management. The company is small in the big picture, but with growing technology and a fresh, new strategy, D&B is definitely going places. Excellent salaries, good benefits, and reward for work well-done. The new CEO Bob Carrigan is really determined to make this one of the best places to work, and I can clearly see the changes taking effect. Everything from simple aesthetic changes to where our vision, strategy, and product lines are progressing, this company is really beginning to move with the times, modernize, grow, globalize, and become everything one would want in a company. It is definitely an exciting time to be here!

Cons

More work-life balance would be nice. More work-from-home opportunity would be helpful.

You are doing a wonderful job staying connected to your employees, keeping us informed of everything you are doing, and taking advice from each and every one of us. Keep it up, and I hope to see more wonderful things to come!

Good place to work.

Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant

I worked at D&B full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good communication from management.
    High quality staff.

Cons

Small office in Israel which results in limited amount of job opportunities.
    Salary in some areas below industry standard.

They were the days

Former Employee - Middle Market Sales Leader
    Former Employee - Middle Market Sales Leader

I worked at D&B full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Expense culture in early 2000 was amazing, anything got a sign off and I mean anything
    UK SD never missed a target and he was inspirational then he left and guess what they missed targets and still do today

Cons

Blureprint for growth, stopped all the fun and we all left. Now they have yes men there and they have no sparkle and v

Get some balls tell the US to stay away from Europe and invest in technology and product
    They are being left behind and becoming a commodity with both brand and product

This is the place for you if you like process over product and a 'CYA' culture...

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ (US)

I have been working at D&B full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

- a great legacy in b2b risk management; over 170-year history
    - recognizable brand worldwide
    - most likely still the best, most complete data set for both risk and marketing applications
    - brilliant people in Analytics dept (Paul Ballew and team are very bright and well-respected)

Cons

- unbelievably difficult to do the most simple tasks internally; ask a D&B rep for counts of businesses in a specific geo or industry...unless he/she has his/her own license to Hoovers, it will take a few days for the count request to be fulfilled by outsourced, offshore partner
    - don't ask for the back-office team to help unless you have internal forms signed and ready (who are we afraid of?)
    - keep trying to justify the same service for more money; clients sometimes feel like they are trapped and often push back

Innovate and be flexible (NEED TO ADDRESS INTERNAL PROCESSES!); Clients - especially larger firms - are not impressed by the off-the-shelf products and are looking for ways to build D&B information into existing processes (To be fair, this is one of Bob Carrigan's points of emphasis, "...delivery content where and when they need it..."); bring people together to work on projects rather than to pat each others ego, i.e., great subject matter expertise, experience, and ideas that often take a back seat to academic discussions or presentations...to much talk and not enough roll-up-your-sleeves.

Great Practical Experience

Former Employee - Credit Analyst in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Former Employee - Credit Analyst in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I worked at D&B full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Friendly environment with equal colleagues.
    - The experience of work pressure was daunting, but equally challenging and helped me to excel my abilities into the real world.

Cons

- Growth ladder being short.
    - Appreciation from the management only in terms of monetary value.

It was a good company Friendly People

I have been working at D&B

Pros

Good Work and family balance you can work from home one day a week. People are all friendly.

Cons

My department had no training program.

Need to communicate more clearly and need more training.

D&B Photos