D&B

D&B Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2014

D&B President & CEO Robert Carrigan

Robert Carrigan

Pros:
  • "Smart and collaborative people trying to do the right thing, decent work life balance"
    in 20 reviews
  • "D&B had one of best work life balances which I have experienced in my career :)"
    in 17 reviews
Cons:
  • "Because D&B is a huge company, implementing ideas or change can be difficult"
    in 22 reviews
  • "Senior management and the sales force are stuck in an endless cycle of forecasting"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Once great company with an unclear future

I worked at D&B full-time for more than 5 years

Prosovert and consistent corporate culture. Everyone understands the rules of the road. My department had management dedicated to the success and advancement of its members. We had frequent access to senior leaders and they knew us by name, which is more than I expected in a big public company.

ConsFrequent technology issues damage the reputation of D&B's products, and the sale to D&B Credibility Corp chained D&B to a company with some reputation issues of its own.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold senior leaders more accountable. Too many instances of senior people failing up through the organization instead of being managed out.
Ride the big data wave, but look out for Google and freely available alternatives on the web.

What a Mistake

I worked at D&B

ProsSalary and benefits is the only way they keep disgruntled employees from leaving.

ConsVery political and filtered layers of management from bottom to top. Bottom is always to blame when things go wrong and no accountability by management for poor handling of projects. Much of the outsourcing goes way over time and budget, constantly leaving management to cost cut on internal employees so they can reap a bonus at year end. Total lack of strategic focus and mainly fending off competitors. A lot of older employees are clearly discouraged and have basically given up on trying, leading to a horrible, curmudgeonly, backwards-thinking culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your head out of the clouds and get rid of the old guard

Caught in between the old and the new

Product Manager (Current Employee)
Short Hills, NJ (US)

I have been working at D&B full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat people and family culture, minus a few that come from past job bad cultures and chose to bring that here. So much potential of what it could be and mean to the future of businesses

ConsTo many senior people at the very top that have not clue how to move us forward. Too many people who think we are a software business and not a data services. All that money and not one purchase of a technology startup to get in the social B2B and analytics game.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell the new CEO to evaluate and reinvent the company like he did at his last job. Get rid of the people who don't have the stomach for re-invention and invest in those who do.

Outstanding experience with a very progressive Marketing team

Leader, Customer Engagement (Former Employee)
Short Hills, NJ (US)

I worked at D&B full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking with highly intelligent, committed, hard working people.

ConsLong drive to Short Hills, NJ

it was the best place I ever work the managers were great always had jobs waiting for us

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Naperville, IL (US)

I worked at D&B full-time for more than 3 years

Prosthey were all professional and knew what they were doing

Consthere was no down side

Advice to Senior Managementyou were great to work for

Good people, good customers...operations is a sales impediment

RM (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at D&B full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people to work with. Have had some management change for the better. Customer's view of D&B is changing thanks to a new philosophy

ConsOperations is a bi@#h to deal with! Too many internal hurdles to overcome when trying to sell new solutions. New solutions not ready for market place...sometimes I feel like I am living a real life Dilbert cartoon

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the sales force. "Everyone is in sales" should be the mantra.

Worked as a temp staff

Telemarketer (Former Employee)
Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at D&B as a contractor for less than a year

ProsWorkload is manageable and it's good that everyone works at their own pace with lots of freedom.

ConsCan't think of any because I worked there for a short time.

Strong company lacking direction and investment into sales organization.

Relationship Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at D&B full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat people with a very friendly culture. Also a great place to have a career rather than a job.

ConsThe current CEO is focused on numbers which is taking away from the necessary investments in the sales teams and product offering. The company also continues to invest in dead-end initiatives that have proven to be unsuccessful time after time such as New Customer Acquisition Teams and software acquisitions.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that you are investing in the people as they will drive the success of the business. If the resources are not available, your customers will not be satusfied.

analyst

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at D&B full-time for less than a year

ProsJoin if you are looking for a stable 9-5 job with no promotion. Is a good place for those who cares nothing and just want to collect the pay.

ConsNever come if you are an ambitious individual who wants to be an 'Analyst'. I promise they would disappoint you on the first day of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementHopeless.
RIP.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I worked at D&B as a contractor for less than a year

ProsYoung people, easy ambiance to work around in the office

ConsLow internship payment and pressurizing at times

Advice to Senior ManagementMore incentives and Raise

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at D&B reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for D&B CEO Robert Carrigan. All 200 reviews are posted anonymously by D&B employees.