D&B

D&B Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

D&B President & CEO Robert Carrigan

Robert Carrigan

Pros
  • Smart and collaborative people trying to do the right thing, decent work life balance(in 23 reviews)

• D&B had one of best work life balances which I have experienced in my career :)(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Because D&B is a huge company, implementing ideas or change can be difficult(in 24 reviews)

• Senior management too focused on reaching their numbers(in 15 reviews)

Too many changes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay, flexibility, work life balance

ConsDifficult to learn, management is constantly changing and turning over

D&B is a good company overall. There is advancement opportunities available.

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThere is a great work life balance.

ConsLimited income potential. As a sales rep, I want the ability to write my own paycheck. While the income is good, it is not great. Because D&B is a huge company, implementing ideas or change can be difficult. Recent comp plan change was for the worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile you are good at receiving feedback from employees, implementing it is another story. We are on the front lines, listen to us!!

Started off great, then the politics took over

Rather Not Say (Former Employee) Short Hills, NJ (US)

ProsGood people in the austin office

ConsNothing gets done. Layer upon layer of approvals.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet stuff done

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work with, considering the domain and technology.

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsSmall sized, but rapidly growing IT division gives a very good exposure and opportunity. New technology. Product based. A very very good domain, which gives a lot of opportunity to work with data and the presentation of it.

ConsLeave policy - only LOP in probation of first 6 months. But depends on the project u land on. Some projects are still legacy systems.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove work environment and support as you do now.

Good challenge if you want to take it on

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsGreat people, good HR department.Very good work lifebalance.Fun team night outs . management will give you extra responsibility if you ask for it.

ConsSmall office in Dublin which results in limited amount of job opportunities.Salary in some areas below industry standard.

2 years at D&B India

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsGreat respectable globally reputed company. Not too many companies around on which books have been written.

ConsIndian arm was not in the best of condition when I was associated with the company. Also, the BU I was working in was led by people unworthy of leadership positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease assess the people you are putting in charge

Great people, poor management

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsA great team of people on the ground. Office culture if very good.

ConsNo leadership, vision or strategy from senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop chasing the share price and start running the company.

An excellent Project team experience. It was the best organized & managed PMO I have ever experienced.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Short Hills, NJ (US)

ProsClearly stated goals and mission statement.

ConsProjects need to keep focused on critical objectives and less influenced by short term politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should emulate the connection that Sara Mathew had with the rank and file employees.

Good

Sales (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ (US)

ProsGreat people and very respected brand name.

ConsSenior management and the sales force are stuck in an endless cycle of forecasting

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove the impediments to the sales force being successful

Hot and cold

ProsGreat benefits, good compensation packages

ConsAnnual financial flexibility is arbitrary and often yields investment decisions that are short sighted. Additionally, significant talent has been allowed to leave the business for short term expense reasons that could have been leveraged for greater shareholder and Customer benefit

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!