Cox Communications

Cox Communications Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Cox Communications President Pat Esser

Pat Esser

Pros
  • Decent work life balance depending upon your manager(in 34 reviews)

• Benefits- subsidized cable and internet are good(in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • High Sales Driven or a non-sales position, company closed call center(in 19 reviews)

• Lots of pressure to sale and the actual quality of customer service didn't matter anymore(in 14 reviews)

Great company with amazing benefits

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsFantastic benefits, very good culture, great training of employees. The fact that they still offer a company pension is impressive. Pay is very competitive and they have a good culture in the media sales department. Although the expectations are high for the AE's, they give you all the tools to be successful. Great group of co-workers with great relationships.

ConsTough on family time when you are a commissioned employee. Management can be a bit needy with reports and details.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect employee family time.

excellent employer

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Mobile, AL (US)

Prosgreat benefits, company moving fast to meet needs of auto dealers online. leadership is strong and continues to innovate in the digital space

Consnone apart from steep sales goals. The revenue growth will continue to drive incremental revenue over time and the company will continue to come out on top.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work..

Very difficult convince management to implement new ideas and technologies.

Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsVery friendly people and good retirement plan

ConsYou have to follow shepherd.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate advanced technology research and evaluation group.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best company I've worked for

Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsGreat company with leadership that really cares about your growth and profitability. Everyone is invested in your success great culture and fellow employees. Even though my department is moving out of state and I won't be here much longer they have done everything well to help the transition go smoothly.

ConsIt is difficult to get hired without good experience or references from current employees. Hiring process takes longer than I thought but that seems to always be the case with large companies. Moving my department out of state.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Very impressed with the job you are doing.

Great company to work for. Wonderful working environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to work, laid back atmosphere and wonderfully, caring coworkers.

ConsCan't think of any as I was very satisfied working there but there was a layoff that caused many to lose our positions because we didn't want to relocated to where our current job was repositioned. Me, I didn't want to move to the desert and didn't want to move further north, where my position was sent. If it was positioned further south, I would have stayed with the company as I truly liked my job.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice. I think that management is great and they do the best for both the company and the employees.

Great Company and Great Career

ProsCox is a great company to work for and a good career for anyone willing to work hard.
    -Good pay.
    -Good Benefits.
    -Extremely discounted services for cable, internet and phone.
    -Management and Directors in my group are approachable and fair.

ConsConsolodations in the regions have pushed jobs out of many regions, and limited opportunities anywhere but Atlanta.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

Great work environment - easy to advance if you work hard

Account Manager (Current Employee) Wichita, KS (US)

ProsGreat benefits, pay was generous, true open door policy, fantastic environment to work in, internal advancement opportunities

ConsPeople hate cable companies, current position requires spontaneous travel.

Great company to work for...

Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK (US)

ProsPay is great, benefits are awesome!

ConsNot much room for advancement, no pay raises. They say if you want to make more, then sell more which doesn't reward people for staying with the company.

Great company, great pay

Universal Home Technician (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA (US)

ProsManagement makes genuine efforts to keep their people happy. Great training/onboarding for new hires. Wages increase nicely with time - 50% increase in about 3.5 years.

ConsCan sometimes feel like you are in high school the way policies are implemented and enforced. Customers generally are a drag too.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more opportunities for senior employees to transition into new roles / departments. Far to common for people to stagnate and get perma-stuck as field techs because they've got nowhere else to go internally and the pay is easily better than anything else they can find externally with their unique skillset.

Cool people..... Easy job.. DON'T WORK HERE, TRUST ME

Account Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsSome of the people are cool to work with, but besides that, not many pros to working at this company

ConsLow pay, no room for advancement, discouraging work environment, with no incentives. No morale, everyone hates the work and the job. Nothing but data entry. Don't appreciate people.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay higher salary to employees who work their buts off for the company. Leadership sucks, the cream of the crop usually realizes they can do better and moves on to better opportunities. The company sells advertising space on small local markets, but they do little digital, and no little about that realm. Not too much faith in the future of this company. Oh yea, you can get a promotion unless you know the managers or friends with family.

Worked for Cox Communications? Contribute to the Community!