Cooper Tire & Rubber

Cooper Tire & Rubber Chairman, President, and CEO Roy V. Armes
Roy V. Armes

Awesome

I have been working at Cooper Tire & Rubber

Pros

Great people good work interesting research fun environment. Lots of ping pong. Science-based investigations. Great new building that showcases company growth.

Cons

Compensation could be better and senior management doesn't always make the best decisions. Bathrooms need repair but the new ones are much better.

Horrible

I worked at Cooper Tire & Rubber

Pros

Nothing good about it at all

Cons

Swing shift, low pay, must temp for 3 years beforr hired in

Warehouse Management is the worst I have ever worked with.

Fast paced busy enviorment

I have been working at Cooper Tire & Rubber

Pros

The main pro to this job is job security.

Cons

Benefits are expensive. Work-Life balance and SAP training are poor.

Add to workforce.

EXCELLENT

Current Employee - Janitor in Findlay, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Janitor in Findlay, OH (US)

I have been working at Cooper Tire & Rubber full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pay is great, the people are always willing to help, they give a lot of freedom to do your work without being micromanaged

Cons

Dirty I mean very dirty, and some supervisors are very rude, union, and the union is not strong, benefits could be so much better high premium high deductible.

Keep it up, don't let the Union take advantage of the new hires

Great place to work but it is hot in the summer.

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Texarkana, AR (US)
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Texarkana, AR (US)

I have been working at Cooper Tire & Rubber full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Cooper Tire invests time and training into people who are looking to advance.

Cons

It can get very hot.

Aniquated systems and culture, behind the times

Current Employee - Engineer I in Findlay, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer I in Findlay, OH (US)

I have been working at Cooper Tire & Rubber full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Knowledgeable workers in the tire business (some with 30+ years of experience). Bonuses.

Cons

Salary is much lower than average. Culture is behind (no willingness to change, lack of accountability, trying to do too much at once, lask of resources to get things done, everything takes a very long time to complete, no IT support, no support from management, "buddy" culture for promotions where you will get left behind unless you have the right connections or golf, fish, or hunt with the right people, all take and no give).

Put your money where your mouth is and do what you say you'd do

Cooper Tires in Mexico

Former Employee - Manager Divicional in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)
    Former Employee - Manager Divicional in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

I worked at Cooper Tire & Rubber full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Cooper tires can grow well with your brand to develop a business plan based on many factors such as loyalty, brand outlets and sales force, much work, too much to fix and a lot to do, but you have to switch to the heads not have direction or course

Cons

Cooper Tires
    A company with a product portfolio of very large and very dedicated to the economic marks its own brand, with a very bad business address in Mexico, in addition to their wages (very good) but under a payment scheme based on tax evación and incomplete and regular benefits, incomplete social security since internally at a salary rate and another before the law, besides that the company does not pay, you have two to four operators to make payments to employees and that affects their social insurance contributions and pension bases its trade policy in competing on price rather than quality or brand, and runs a very Carante policy vision, and betting and multibrand gandes prefers to create a network of distributors to give you every day more market presence and giving them excessive privileges they do lose money in business

Nocuenta induction with any department, the management of the directors is not good in appearance that do not listen proposals based on field data and lack and type of work is only based on contacts that time ago and have not promote a healthy culture of coexistence, besides that the absence of a human resources department is responsible for administration and finance gerenia which has never props ready work or which delays any time management as expense accounts for travel, utility cars, airline tickets, and more, you pay utilities year worked and makes settlements gave you according to how high the minimum wage and social insurance) and not with you are paid as Manager Divicional or regional definitely very bad management

Change and improvements slow if at all

Current Employee - Tire Builder in Findlay, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Tire Builder in Findlay, OH (US)

I have been working at Cooper Tire & Rubber full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Overtime is available in abundance if you're willing to work it.

Cons

They use the continental shift for 24 hr continuous production. Filthy environment to work with what I'm sure are health hazards. Many improvements need to be made, but change seems to be slow if any comes at all. Hiring and retention of new people is terrible.

Fill up the mill room so we don't run out of components.

Engineering Intern/Co-op Position

Current Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Texarkana, AR (US)
    Current Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Texarkana, AR (US)

I have been working at Cooper Tire & Rubber full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My coworkers at Cooper want me to stay and see me succeed. The environment is very friendly, and no one is going to talk down to you. Hours are reasonable, as long as you are an early riser, because your shift starts at 7:00am. They off a $500 monthly "hospitality" or "housing" allowance at signing, depending on how long you stay. There are a strong group of leaders that want to develop future workers for Cooper Tire. This job is also great if you work well on your own, seeing that I was never micro-managed. They offer both summer and semester-on-semester-off internships. They are willing to offer this during your current internship. I likely will work for Cooper again.

Cons

If you accept this job, expect to get dirty some days! Carbon Black is one of the strongest staining, dirtiest, messiest things I've delt with. If you have asthma, you may want to be cautious while going around the plant. Though no chemicals Cooper uses are toxic, I found them irritating to my breathing. This isn't a huge problem because you spend most of your time in the office.

Interns come for a learning expirience, but seem to be thrown into the swing of things without knowlege of the leadership heirarchy, process of making tires, or how to use their business systems.