Comcast

Updated Jul 31, 2014

3.1 1,953 reviews

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts

Brian L. Roberts

Pros
  • Great co-workers and wonderful benefits (free cable and internet) (in 140 reviews)

• Benefits, Free cable/internet/phone (all the channels) - that's an immediate (in 318 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service (in 130 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created (in 39 reviews)

More Highlights
1,953 Employee Reviews

This job is worth the stress and drama!

CAE II, Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsComcast has always been very generous and fair to their employees. There hasn't been one issue that has gone unresolved. There are many benefits to working here...outside of near-free employee accounts there is the job security. I like working in an environment where we are not only constantly busy, but it is an ever growing, exciting, educational and challenging job. I've been here several years and wouldn't leave if you paid me. Comcast gives every employee no less than two weeks of vacation time every year as well as over a week of flex time (sick days, etc.). The amount of vacation time increases over time. You will lose the time if not taken during the year because of the work-life balance. There is also 401k, stocks, discounts, etc. The pay, even starting out, is generous. Benefits are available quickly after hired.

ConsQuotas, which are sometimes a challenge, are very obtainable. There are stats each employee must maintain. The most difficult part of the job has nothing to do with anything related to comcast...and that is dealing with customers. I work in a fast paced call center where some calls pertain to outages or to the customers own equipment or devices, and people are passionate about service. Some people are friendly, some are merely having a terrible day. My challenge is to turn the call around and make their days a little better...leave them with the feeling that we do truly care about our customers. There are many supervisors divided into teams. We keep the atmosphere fun and competitive, win perks such as electronics, tickets to sporting events, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! There is little I would change as far as management goes.

Residential Sales Manager

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Sandy, UT (US)

ProsGreat benefits and comparable pay for like positions in the industry, Medical, Dental etc was very good coverage and my portion was very inexpensive.

ConsThere was constant changes in almost all areas of the job, Pricing, offers and even the products changed a lot, with all the changes it made it very difficult to try and be competitive with other offers from other channels selling the products.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a better way to track and manage the offers from all channels.

A fair environment with excellent networking potential

Customer Account Executive (Current Employee) Enfield, CT (US)

ProsVery flexible work schedule, a good entry level job, or a solid career path

ConsMany do not know how to reach out for opportunities to grow. Not enough chances to network for some.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication may get in the way of some supervisors from providing their teams from excelling.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Novice Professional Seeking Growth Opportunities

ProsBenefits are reasonable/competitive, and the perks are great...huge discount on TV and internet services (including home security as well). Comcast is looking for eager, multi-faceted, and committed employees...and you will be put to the test <-- which makes for a good "experience" description for your future interviews!

ConsWork-life balance can be challenging at times. Even as an hourly employee, there are many expectations that are "recommended" if you want to succeed. Comcast is continually evolving and changing, which is a good thing in many ways, but that also means you have to be willing to step outside of the role you interviewed for in order to maintain the competitive edge.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen we interview and you promise professional growth and opportunities, and you emphasize the importance of internal development...follow through and ask us our opinion about our career interests along the way. Our main job is to support the department while in this role, but be reasonable and know that our individual success and experience is just as important as yours even though our working manner may be different.

Great place to work in the Midwest, awful in Georgia!

Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsIn the North it was extremely organized, employee development was priority, fare wages, support from upper management and as leaders we were empowered to truly ead to our employees independently.

ConsTransferred to the South and it was awful! No organization, ridiculous wages, little to no support from upper management, HR was almost non existent and inconsistent practices. The focus was always on numbers and very little on the employees and/or customers except the occasional employee appreciation days to pacify employees. I experienced this in two different departments, leaving one in hopes that it was an isolated departmental issue, unfortunately it was not! After fifteen years with the company, I decided to leave Comcast. Had I stayed up North, I'd still be there today but here in Georgia, Comcast is an awful place to work!

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate should take a look the practices of Georgia and the southern division as a whole. I guarantee the high attrition rate is due to unfair wages, inconsistent leadership practices, little to no HR support and minimal training. The numbers by any means necessary idea will only work for so long before it comes back to bite the division as a whole.

Great company, on the way up.

Strategic Enterprise Account Executive (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsStrong products, opportunity for advancement, awesome benefits.

ConsNot quite yet viewed as a true enterprise level telecommunications provider.

great company to work for

Nct5 (Former Employee) Galveston, TX (US)

Prosa++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++great benefits great pay good environment great progress plan

Consa++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++no comments no complaints actually great place to work

Great place to work

CAE - IP Support Specialist (Former Employee) Centennial, CO (US)

ProsGreat benefits, decent pay, great working environment

ConsShifts are horrible at first. FMLA/Short Term Leave insurance company isn't very good

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter advancement opportunities

Sales Executive

Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsExcellent benefits, management and products. Promotion and incentives are very realistic with good work ethic. Highly recommend becoming a Comcaster

ConsLarge company so processes can become cumbersome and take time to streamline because there is so much red tape to go through.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Culture and incentives are top notch and management goes above and beyond to help reps become successful. End of the fiscal month is always hectic but that is understandable.

Human Resources

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat atmosphere. People were friendly. Wonderful benefits.

ConsSalary not equitable. Company brings in outside people and pays more to them than people in position that have to train that person.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to pay your employees fairly.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!