Coldwell Banker

www.coldwellbanker.com

Coldwell Banker Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014
Coldwell Banker – US – “Coldwell Banker Commercial NRT”

Coldwell Banker – US – “Coldwell Banker Commercial NRT”

Coldwell Banker President and Chief Executive Officer Budge Huskey

Budge Huskey

Pros
  • Name recognition, a good starting point (in 14 reviews)

• Formal training program on the in's and out's of real estate a good knowledge basis (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • tier based commission splits, although this is a trade off in exchange for no desk fees (in 17 reviews)

• Unpaid, no benefits and you pay for your own advertising resources (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Lots of opportunity to learn

Sales Person (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

Pros- Office Manager is always willing to help
    -Lots of training programs for new agents in the company
    -recognition for sales acheivments through awards
    -website at discounted cost

Overall the support staff and the office management are quite good. The office manager is always willing to sit and speak with you on ways to improve your business

Cons-commission splits could be a little better
    -offices are expensive to rent
    -preference given to agents that make lots of money
    -little guys get few referals from company

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a sales job so advancement is based really on how much money you make yourself. If you want a Broker license you have to go and get it yourself as in any company. Its a large company and at times you can fee quite small.

There should be a way for the little guys like me (less than 100k per year) to get better leads from the company.

Good company, but not unlike the others.

Real Estate Broker (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsColdwell banker is an International Brand which can be a great asset to those who work with relocations. They provide some great tools and resources for non technical people. If you are tech savvy, you will want to do your own thing, as you can create your own brand and make it look a little more professional than the standard templates offered. While there are guiding principals from head office, many of the brokerages are independently owned which means no two are the same. Like any other industry, you'll want to interview a few different companies (brokers) to ensure you end up with one that suites your needs. Some are well suited to support new entrants in to the industry while others do not provide much hand holding and are geared towards those with experience.

ConsFlow of communication. It's really an industry problem because people within the same office view each other as competitors. Unfortunately there is very little team work in this industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage more internal team work.

Progressive real estate company is a good place for IT workers.

Information Technology (Current Employee) Victoria, BC

ProsThe industry is dong things that are very interesting with information technology - trying to stay ahead of the moving target. Coldwell Banker is putting a lot of resources into this, as they should, trying to anticipate where the world will be in the future so it arrives there at the same time. Good location for someone interested in where IT is going.

ConsToo focused on American market.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild flexible pieces that any one can use to create their own services, rather than the one size fits all we'll do it all for you approach.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company

Realtor (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsProvides great lead management, quality leads, and training. First class brokers.

ConsCB technical support although good is often slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't add anymore companies under the realogy umbrella

Outstanding

Realtor (Current Employee) Kapolei, HI (US)

ProsProfessionalism, training programs offered, ongoing support.

ConsI haven't really found anything that I'm not satisfied with.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Good company

ProsLots of training, activities and resources.

ConsLocal offices vary with what they offer.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep supplies handy.

all about the company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosmajor player in the real estate market

Constakes too many fees. no support unless you are a top agent.

Customer Service

ProsMeeting People, Easy to learn the business

ConsThe compensation is not up to par with the rest of the industry.

Standing Still

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA (US)

ProsA lot of training and support, especially for new hires.

ConsAs technology expands, CB is trying to stay on the cutting edge and jump in front of many other companies. The problem is, that with each of these expansions, there is a trickle down cost to the independent contractors (sales agents) in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop increasing the amount of $$ taken form each agents profit. We spend so much time and energy on our clients, in the field with them and behind the scenes of transactions making sure we get from showing, to sale to close. I often feel like I make minimum wage when I add up the hours worked on a sale and look at the actual commission made.

No training, no camaraderie.

Realtor (Former Employee)

ProsGreat pump you up meetings, recognition meetings, broker answers willing to answer questions. If you find the right person they will help you.

ConsThe only business where the old eat their young. Expect to get taken advantage of.

Advice to Senior ManagementFormal training, a mentor program. Help younger realtors, besides allowing them to sit open houses for more seasoned agents who know it is a waste of their precious time.

Worked for Coldwell Banker? Contribute to the Community!