Cognizant Technology Solutions

Cognizant Technology Solutions Reviews in San Francisco, CA US

Updated May 30, 2014

Cognizant Technology Solutions President & CEO Frank D'Souza

Frank D'Souza

Pros
  • Good work culture compared to other offshoring companies(in 496 reviews)

• Better work-life balance as compared to top tier consulting companies(in 415 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life Balance & Onshore opportunities depends on the project you are into(in 288 reviews)

• No work life balance because of nightly offshore calls(in 64 reviews)

57 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to start your career

Senior Associate - Projects (Current Employee) San Rafael, CA (US)

ProsGood place to start with, good opportunity to learn and improve skills. Working with highly skilled and talented people shapes future in the right way.

ConsWith the company growing, it has become less transparent with the process. Management is now focusing on only profits and not being able to address employee grievances in the right manner.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should give time to listen to employee problems and should try to address them.

Indian service firm in lines with Accenture. Lot of new recruitment and projects under Retail

Senior Associate - Projects (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsPay -Decent pay comapred to market standard
    Work options - flexible work options available based on projects
    Opportunities,Growth - lot of new client and opportunities. Good marketing team.
    Roles

ConsHR organization is not very organized

Working at the company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsGreat Opportunities and Management Focus on Growth

ConsPolitics and Favoritism depending on who you work for

Advice to Senior ManagementTeams operating in coherence should be a KPI.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good place to work

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsExposure towards emerging technologies, great senior leadership, opportunity to re-discover yourselves, Technology challenges, Diverse and vast Tech expertise team.

ConsWork life balance is very specific to the group/program you are associated with, compensation, too many groups and ownership with in the organization (where sometimes you will be competing with the internal groups to service your customer)

Advice to Senior ManagementNiche groups/horizontals are too many; niche service overlaps are not governed, some times resulting in shallow services to customers.

Good for beginners.

Senior Associate (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsYou will get a chance to work with different clients/projects so you can learn. Good for beginners and for those who are willing to put extra effort/time.

ConsExpect you to work over time when there is more work. Not so professional. You need to scream for better ratings and promotion if you deserve. Hard to get promotions if you are not sticking to same Account

Advice to Senior ManagementOne's ratings/promotion is depending on one person who is his manager. what if that person is not professional and with no work ethics?

Great Company, excellent benefits, pay and support

Director, Projects (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsGreat assignments with tier one companies, Cognizant support structures give you a solid foundation for success. Exciting opportunities for anyone wanting to take on additional responsibilities. Great tools for individuals in the field, easy expense reporting, mobile support availability of resources are excellent. Benefits, pay and bonus continue to be a priority to the company. Company strategy has been very successful in allowing Cognizant to maintain very aggressive growth and fiscal performance goals.

ConsYou need to manage your career. Cognizant has grown very large and you need to help yourself standout! Goal setting, maintaining an active feedback with your manager and taking on additional responsibilities to help in growth opportunities are needed to achieve the highest annual ratings.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to provide methods and coaching for self-improvement, career acceleration and active feedback from management.

No career growth

Associate - Projects (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsIf you negotiate well then can have good salary.

ConsManagement is bad, no thought process, no career growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about the growth of employees.

It is good working with Cognizant

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsGood Salary, Good projects, Good place to work

ConsThere is no job rotation, Please work for the same project for many years.

Senior Manager Projects

Project Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsLot of travel opportunities provided you are with the right project. There really lot of nice people to work with. No work life balance.

ConsPerformance review process is still in stone age and not centered around individuals career growth. Moving across various domains eg retail to hospitality, is not so easy. Even if you manage to do that, you have to start fresh all over again,

Manager - Projects

Project Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsGood opportunity to work with good clients. Option to go abroad. Option to apply for US green card. Good relocation reimbursement.

ConsWhile moving from one project to other, your previous history gets lost and you don't get good rating and hampers your performance appraisal. Same salary when person returns back from spending long time abroad.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a people manager, who remains with a person as supervisor for long time and doesn't change, this is specially in verticals. Also give good salary when person return back after long time spending abroad.

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!