Coca-Cola Company

Coca-Cola Company Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

3.1 1,230 reviews

Muhtar Kent

Pros
  • Good benefits, big opportunity to relocate, tuition assistance is very easy(in 79 reviews)

• Great work life balance but I'm not sure it was intentional on management's part(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on the role, you could potentially have a non-favorable work life balance(in 65 reviews)

• Overtime summer time - during the summer expect to work long hours lots of overtime(in 82 reviews)

1,230 Employee Reviews

great company

Prosgood pay, flexible work hours

Conscompany too large, hard to get anything changed

Advice to Senior Managementconsider changes even though the company is making lots of money

Not what you expect from a Fortune 500 company...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay was decent, benefits from day 1 and you get to tell people that you work for a well known company.

ConsNo work/life balance, no growth opportunities, no training, plenty of people who are willing to throw their co - workers under the bus.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally listen to your people...

Everyone is in a bad mood. Most people are looking for a new job.

Market Development Manager (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC

ProsPeople think you are well trained.

ConsBad leadership, most people in the company are looking for a promotion or a new job.
    Management never tries to solve problems just blame other people.
    Always excuses not to pay full bonuses.
    Questionable ethics. Was told to target areas around schools and bribe store owners with concert tickets to take products even if the company lost money.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honorable. This company has lost its way.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Coca-Cola Canada

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsBest Brand in the World. Company provides once in a lifetime experiences. Hires smart people and good people to work with. Global leadership has the right vision.

ConsSenior Leadership challenges. Flat organization - not alot of opportunity for growth -when someone is promoted it is not always the one who deserves it.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people.

No growth potential. Completely ruled by the union in place. Management has no backbone.

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Brampton, ON

ProsLifetime job if you are satisfied with mediocrity and just want to say you work for a Fortune 500 company.

ConsNo support from upper management. Coca Cola is afraid of the union and are ruled by the union.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your management team and stand up to the union. Stop resting on the laurels of the Coca Cola brand and name.

You'll never go anywhere here

ProsDecent pay, job security, benefits

ConsNowhere to go, no growth as a company, top heavy useless management

Great company. Great culture.

Account Manager (Former Employee) Winnipeg, MB

ProsGood pay. Great team. Work life balance. Flexible time.

ConsIncentives based on Area or territory.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more aggressive. Support.

Best experience ever

ProsThey give you little courses about marketing, sharepoint, excel... You have a manager who encourage you to learn more and help you with things you don't understand.

ConsYou usually have to start as trainee, that means you don't earn a salary. But they have compensation.s

Great job if you have good management and team.

Account Development Manager (Current Employee) Edmonton, AB

ProsSchedule flexibility
    3 weeks vacation (plus you can buy an extra week)
    Independance
    Good opportunity for advancement to middle management
    35-40 hour work week
    Great team atmosphere

ConsNo guaranty on commissions (100% dependant on territory)
    A lot of special projects that take you out of your role and territory
    Minimal opportunity to impact sales volume (affecting commission)
    Pay is not great, but is commensurate with ADM role

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed better opportunity (more time) in our territories to have the impact we desire with our customers
    Success and commission is tied too closely to the success (or failure ) of National and Key Account Managers

Company's glass is always half full in Toronto

Mid Level Mtg (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsI get to work with very dedicated hardworking people who for the life of me are day in and out giving their very best towards making the company meet its goals.

ConsI am in my second year without a raise. Although one of our most important metrics sits at 89%. Glass half full...all Senior Mgt. is locked onto is the 11% not met. In my level my job has grown in the last 2 years by 35%. In my mid level mgt. position I have so many functions per day that none of them can be done well. All I can do with the work load is do everything I can do half assed.

The situation at Coke has not always been like this...but the last few years we in Canada were taken over by Atlanta and since that has happened we have been so poorly managed that I have seen many very long time dedicated people leave or have been fired.

Just one man's opinion...but the company no longer cares about it's employee's it only cares about the almighty dollar.

#1 beverage compnay in the world...but a terrible employee relations company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for a employee friendly company soon...because your job is not secure...you will be replaced with someone with less skills and less years of dedication. Your years of hard work mean nothing anymore...run while you can.

Worked for Coca-Cola Company? Contribute to the Community!