Clear Channel

Clear Channel Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Clear Channel CEO Bob Pittman

Bob Pittman

Pros
  • I enjoyed the work environment and many staff members were very close(in 13 reviews)

• lots of good people at my job place(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Outside of upper management and AM personalities, the pay is very disappointing(in 21 reviews)

• No room for growth and they don't like to pay very well unless you're in upper management(in 7 reviews)

Complete Chaos

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsPerks available...gift cards, event tickets etc.

Cons100% Commission. Limited Flexibility. Unprofessional work environment. Departments are very disconnected which creates hostile work environment. Entirely way to much turnover! No CRM tools available to help manage client lists/prospects. No training programs. Antiquated Systems. Need to streamline processes to help reduce errors.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a training program and invest time in your new hires to reduce turnover.

Very satisfied with my former employment with Clear Channel.

Program Director (Former Employee)

ProsThe resources are amazing and very useful in achieving work related goals. The people I worked with were awesome.

ConsThere are times when corporate dictates mandatory projects, which is fine, however the notice is always very short and at times unorganized and lacking details.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being supportive and interactive with staff.

Sales

Sales (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsFun job and great perks. It's fun working in media at times. If you are creative, this can be a great opportunity.

ConsRadio sales have dwindled. This is truly hard work. Your writing skills, oral speaking skills, presentation ability, and business savvy must be stellar.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook out for the little people that come in killing it in regards to allowing them to handle accounts for their stations.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cool, but very unprofessional

Intern (Current Employee) Farmington Hills, MI (US)

ProsFun place to work, got free concert tickets and to meet celebs, also it was a perk to hear your voice on the radio

ConsVery unprofessional, played favorites, upper management didnt care to get to know you

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know your interns and give them chances to advance

Informative experience in the advertising world of radio

Account Executive (Former Employee) West Palm Beach, FL (US)

ProsPositive and engaging company with passionate people and leadership
    Extensive array of tools to create effective and appropriate presentations including present day stats and data
    Cohesive interdepartmental interactions
    Good products, station line-ups and Talent

ConsZero training that is helpful, one is left to figure EVERYTHING out on one's own. All the technology, programs, company info, even HR materials
    Archaic billing and collections systems that confuce and most often infuriate clients
    Non-delivery of inventory or over sell of inventory regularly resulting on constant charge backs
    Micro Management on a 100% commission structure
    Expectatins of home computer, mobile phone, car, gas without any compensation

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the Cons-especially a minimal first week to two weeks orientation of company, technologies, assets to work with and HR-Company process and proceedures

Very hands on within the field work

Promotions Intern (Current Employee) Hartford, CT (US)

ProsWas able to assist with music lounge performances, getting access with artists in an intimate setting.

ConsSometimes felt as though they didn't know what to do with the interns within the office setting, so many times you sat at the front desk waiting for a task

No ENERGY, NO leadership,

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPerks, concert tickets -

ConsManagers are so busy having meetings, no help to the staff, high turnover.

Low pay, mediocrity

News/Traffic Anchor/Reporter (Former Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsStandards for on-air talent are not very high, so it's easy to get by when you're new.

ConsExperienced and inexperienced part-time talent made the same hourly rate of $12, with no raises for the decade I worked there.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward performance and experience with better pay.

Hell in a hen basket

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Aliso Viejo, CA (US)

ProsLearned more about software that prepared me for my next job

ConsManagement does not listen to what employees are telling them. You get the sense that management does not care. Management will do it their way even though they are incorrect in their approach.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour staff is intelligent. Respect them!

Extremely Corporate, Extremely difficult to get promoted

National Sales Support (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsIf your looking for low pay and super 9-5 then this job is for you. You didn't have to take your work home with you.

ConsPeople who sucked up and brown nosed to management got promoted. Even with the promotions, the pay is horrible.

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!