Clear Channel

Clear Channel Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Clear Channel CEO Bob Pittman

Bob Pittman

Pros
  • I enjoyed the work environment and many staff members were very close(in 13 reviews)

• lots of good people at my job place(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Outside of upper management and AM personalities, the pay is very disappointing(in 21 reviews)

• No room for growth and they don't like to pay very well unless you're in upper management(in 7 reviews)

Marketing/Promotions Intern

Marketing/Promotions Intern (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsI enjoyed getting to sit in meetings and discuss ideas for promotions, etc.

ConsIt was sometimes the "fetch my coffee" type of internship, and I spent a lot of time doing work like cleaning out closets, etc. Internship also unpaid.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude interns in brainstorming sessions more!

Micro management to excess. Failure to retain employees because of time consumption in the office.

Account Executive (Current Employee) Panama City Beach, FL (US)

Prostraining, company benefits, perks, unique creative group, reputation of stations

Consnegative atmosphere with constant need to breakdown staff to try to make them feel like they could never succeed anywhere else

Advice to Senior Managementlet your people do their jobs

Not a company to grow with.

Traffic Manager (Current Employee)

ProsLooking from the outside in, it seems like a good company to work with. They seem to be making big moves in the market. Company culture is ok, being in the Radio Industry.

ConsNo raises for 6 years, bad compensation, then after many years of dedicated work they make a number of layoffs and big cuts as they have been for years, this would not be a time to work this type of company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Executive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNumerous opportunities to meet artists and celebrities

ConsHigh turnover
    Slow career growth
    No training or entry-level support

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow your hungry and young talent. Give them opportunities to work on larger projects to keep them from leaving.

Poor Management

ProsFlexible work schedule. Fun coworkers. Great internship program.

ConsNo room for growth, been told I was lucky to still have a job when looking for an increase in compensation. Rather hire out than promote from within.

STAY AWAY IF YOU ARE A 'SEASONED SALES REP'!!!

Account Executive (Current Employee) Rockville, MD (US)

ProsLots of helpful information; presentations on their internal website. Perfect for the YOUNG and INEXPERIENCED!

ConsHORRIBLE training. You can't even call it 'training.' MICRO-MANAGEMENT throughout; salary is TERRIBLE and only for 6 months. After that all commissions. IMPOSSIBLE to make a living at CC. Managers all stick together. Not very friendly. A very, very strange place to work!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together. CC is NOT the great company you preach it is. Take your heads out of the sand and let 'new' blood bring in new ideas. If you want 'ORDER TAKERS', don't hire SEASONED SALES reps. Same advice ... if you want someone to sit at their desks ALL DAY and go through useless leads, don't hire an OUTSIDE or SEASONED SALES REP!

instability and demotivated to innovate

Senior Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsCan be a great place to learn as cooperation and co-sharing between employees is encouraged at this company. You will learn a lot.

ConsSenior Management very indecisive. They believe that blatantly copying a competitor's offering is "innovating". Then when it fails they find something else to copy. Virtually no product direction as everyone is just a 'yes man' to the top leaders.

Company also fails to innovate internally and punishes those who try to evolve the culture or processes.

Layoffs happen at random and if you aren't a part of the 'good ol' boys' club, you will always have a target on your back.

Advice to Senior Managementre-align your priorities to making a great product. Clean house from the top down, not the other way around. Far too many redundancies at the senior management level.

Top flight company for products and processes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsReally smart, committed people in some key positions. Key clients and major agencies were part of the everyday sales process. Best in class company from competitive point of view.

ConsConsistent bad hiring in management positions caused constant turmoil. Company consistently' reached' on the perceived abilities of managers and this caused friction and hard feelings regards the employees individuals managed. Turnover was rampant during this time- no experience was left in the market.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out a way to stabilize your management and you will have a more stable and productive rank and file.

Fun Ride If You Adapt

Project Lead (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsReinventing a company this size isn't an easy task. I've seen some major changes in staffing in my area as well as major vision changes in a short amount of time. In my opinion, it is amazing it has been as great as it is. The company is so huge...so large, and tries to move like it's so small. Seems to work because there are so many talented project managers and respectful leadership. Everyone seems extremely respectful with each other. Great environment!

Bob Pittman is a great man.

If you love challenges, there's plenty of challenges to encounter here.

ConsAlthough dedicated, some developers/system engineers can seem a bit mediocre at the times. The superb often find new jobs working with startup companies. Perhaps this works well in a company as large as this one, where the low level workers are effective being mediocre with superb leadership making it sustainable.

With the amount, and the way layoffs happen - I feel like I can be let go just as I finish typing this. Maybe this is expected when there is a lot of change going on.

If you're afraid of change - stay away from this company at the moment.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire more female employees, seems a bit imbalanced - biased?

Sales

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK (US)

ProsGreat contacts and they held a lot beneficial events.

Cons"Cheap Channel" they pay low. It is up to your sales to recover what they pay. I have done a lot better with other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay better! More incentives.

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!