Clayton Homes

www.claytonhomes.com

Clayton Homes Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Clayton Homes – Andersonville – “Linde Forklifts are the BEST!”

Clayton Homes – Andersonville – “Linde Forklifts are the BEST!”

Kevin T. Clayton

Pros
  • For this industry, the compamy has good benefits (in 3 reviews)

• ok pay and good people around me (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, no support, management changes constantly (in 5 reviews)

• Don't do it, no training, no support, no money (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Home Consultant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNone. Too few to list. Predatory requirements for waiver of employee rights as a condition of employment, no benefits, long hours, limited opportunities, no training.

ConsRequired to work 58 hours per week by unprofessional manager that was rarely at the home center and did not provide any training. Three of us were hired at the same time and all of us quit within 3 months due to poor management. Dead-end company.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage your managers

Clayton Homes has given me the ability to finish my degree while supporting my family.

Production Employee (Current Employee) Savannah, TN (US)

ProsHours of operation are great.

ConsTime away from work to be with family could improve greatly.

Great company with a family atmosphere.

Marketing Development Program (Former Employee)

ProsClayton Homes is the leader in the Manufactured Housing Industry. If you are seeking a job in that industry Clayton is the company to be with.

ConsThe major downside to working with Clayton Homes is the industry itself. It was hit hard in the early 2000's by a housing crunch and has been slow to rebound.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever forget who got Clayton Homes where it is today. It was Jim Clayton's original team that built the structure from the plant worker up.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A total waste of effort & time.

Team Leader/Swing-team (Former Employee) Hodgenville, KY (US)

ProsIt's a Job that pays very little & expects a lot from you. Will only keep adding responsibilities & work the more you do etc,

ConsDead end Job. Enough said

Advice to Senior ManagementPay higher wages & better benefits.

Great company. Vision and direction needs action and change. Cut throat seniors

Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Baton Rouge, LA (US)

ProsGreat company, great employees, helpful environment. Longevity, promotes from within, usually. Encourage healthy spiritual, mental and physical health

ConsLots of shifts in upper management. Sell or have a good resume. Just moved to paying small salary versus draw from commission, but you better sell a house or two AT LEAST a month to survive. Fred Townsend was a horrible leader, but he's gone now, so morale is doing better.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet people that actually believe in what were offering. The people will not buy into the vision if the management don't buy into it first.

Demanding

Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) New Iberia, LA (US)

Pros$650.00/ week first 30 days

ConsHouses are Hot in the summer, You on a Draw against your commission

Advice to Senior Managementchange the office hours to that of a normal company and Do a Salary Plus Commission Program. for your employees

It's not the Clayton of old

IT Manager (Current Employee) Maryville, TN (US)

ProsCMH has great people for the most part. The facilities are excellent. The work hours and flexible schedule are definitely a plus. Kevin Clayton is a visionary and is a great businessman.

ConsCMH, at the highest level, has lost touch with the core values that got the company where it is today. Clayton no longer seems to value people with integrity. The only team members that get ahead in IT are the ones that pad key leadership members egos with compliments and praise and they certainly don't disagree with them on things that he or she is passionate about. The 3 team members that have had the most success in IT do disagree with leadership but only on things that are of no material value. These 3 have became the laughing stock among IT team members and business unit leaders. I am embarrassed to be a part of the Clayton IT team. Over the years, these 3 have successfully gotten rid of several key IT team members by whom they felt threatened by. IT spending is so far out of control that fixing it will never be a SNAP.

Rules are not applied uniformly between women and men. Management and HR are scared to death of women and minorities therefore it is impossible for all groups to be treated fairly and equitably.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou survey team members, look again at the IT surveys and pay attention. There is little to no respect for key leadership members by the IT group. Spending is out of control, talk to middle-management about it to truly get a feel for what is going on in key positions.

Not a bad place to work.

ProsClear expectations, steady workload, good benefits, good hours,

ConsThere is a definite us vs them atmosphere between management and shop labor. Pay scale is very much slanted towards management. Communication and planning is poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to work more with planning. a company this size should have production scheduled out at least 3 to 4 weeks.

It was a starting point...

IT Support (Former Employee) Maryville, TN (US)

ProsGreat facilities and really nice people

ConsBeware of the hidden agenda of the mid-level management

Advice to Senior ManagementGood ideas don't only stem from management.

Clayton Homes could gain alot by listening more and talking less.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFor this industry, the compamy has good benefits.

ConsLonger, unnecessary hours, than anyone else in the industry. Not many people want to buy a home at 7pm! Those who do could be scheduled an appointment.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Take care of your employees and they will take care of you.

Worked for Clayton Homes? Contribute to the Community!